So now we know (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

No, same as “The to rise have turned their backs on the Muslim community” doesn’t = every Tory is islamaphobic. Those in positions of power have lead the organisation to a point that they actively work against the interests of the football club. Look at the leaked emails of the time they were stringing us on about ownership of the arena while renegotiating the debt with Yorkshire bank.

Us or Sisu?

Nick

Administrator
Let's see all that paperwork then, while we're in the mood for everything out in the open. All the meetings minutes, all the emails, all the conversations, both internal and among partners.

I am pretty sure the EFL would have seen more than just an announcement on the CCFC website wouldn't they?

The same as they were seeing CCC play silly pricks about the Butts when John Sharpe was trying to get a groundshare there.

Nick

Administrator
So we’re just talking about the leader? Not CCC? So where are the people making political hay out of this heinous crime?

And seriously. I’m not going to explain the difference between talking to Aldi, who there is no bad blood with, and Sisu where this is a long history.

Also, I thought you were the king of “Sisu are not the club”? ;)

Where have I said SISU are the club?

I was giving an example of CCC where the leader and councillors actively did more to try and save an ALDI (when there's one just up the road) than they did the city's football club.

Forget the bad blood, think about the Coventry economy and the local businesses.

shmmeee

Where have I said SISU are the club?

I was giving an example of CCC where the leader and councillors actively did more to try and save an ALDI (when there's one just up the road) than they did the city's football club.

Forget the bad blood, think about the Coventry economy and the local businesses.

As I’ve said over and over I think the economic argument is overplayed.

If you said “recent council leaders have turned their back on Sisu” Id 100% agree. But that’s a long long way from“CCC hate CCFC” which is where we started.

To be clear Duggins is a twat. I believe he didn’t go down to London because of some issue with travelling and sent someone else instead. Did he probably think “Nothing will come of this, Sisu are just fucking around”? Yeah probably and I’d argue reasonably.

If tomorrow Sisu dropped the legal attempts to get the Ricoh and agreed a long term deal do I think he’d act the same? Not at all.

So is his issue dislike of CCFC or running out of patience with Sisu, who we’ve established are hostile in their own right?

tisza

Thats all standard though mate. Look at any project announcement. Still doesn’t explain why even that one mental Bablake anti gay councillor didn’t object. You’re letting your dislike of local councillors get in the way of critical thinking. I may not like them all, but I don’t think they’re all green enough to be taken in by a standard PR announcement.

It takes an awful lot to get unanimous council approval (and still getting it, if people would’ve changed their minds why aren’t they out complaining now?)
always makes me think there's something we don't know with this unanimity.
Not one dissenting voice of what about the football club and its supporters rather than a seemingly overriding dislike of the club's owners over such a period of time.
Let's face it shipping in an out-of-town team to "usurp" the local football club is dramatic by any standards of local politics/govt. Yet none of them object??

NorthernWisdom

always makes me think there's something we don't know with this unanimity.
Not one dissenting voice of what about the football club and its supporters rather than a seemingly overriding dislike of the club's owners over such a period of time.
Let's face it shipping in an out-of-town team to "usurp" the local football club is dramatic by any standards of local politics/govt. Yet none of them object??
Unprecedented

chiefdave

It isn't, it seemed to be there some people didn't agree until that meeting and then they did.
It was literally being reported by the Telegraph and CWR as too close to call which way the vote would go heading into the meeting. Then there's a behind closed doors meeting with Wasps in attendance from which there is absolutely no details recorded, not a single note anywhere and suddenly its a unanimous vote. How does anyone look at that at not at the very least want to know what went on in the meeting?

Nick

Administrator

If you said “recent council leaders have turned their back on Sisu” Id 100% agree. But that’s a long long way from“CCC hate CCFC” which is where we started.

To be clear Duggins is a twat. I believe he didn’t go down to London because of some issue with travelling and sent someone else instead. Did he probably think “Nothing will come of this, Sisu are just fucking around”? Yeah probably and I’d argue reasonably.

If tomorrow Sisu dropped the legal attempts to get the Ricoh and agreed a long term deal do I think he’d act the same? Not at all.

So is his issue dislike of CCFC or running out of patience with Sisu, who we’ve established are hostile in their own right?

How is the economical argument overplayed?

I have pointed out for years that people bashing CCFC get hard because they think they are bashing SISU.

You are still trying to make this out to be all because SISU are nasty while saying anything CCC did before is a conspiracy.

Sort yourself out, it's every fucking thread like this.

chiefdave

Relationship with Sisu started OK IIRC.
Aren't you saying here the only time, going back decades, the relationship between the club and the council has been good is the period when SISU took over before they realised not owning the stadium and paying £1.3m a year rent was an issue.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

Sheffield United playing in the Premier League will bring in more money next year than all of the city centre events put together, council leader Julie Dore has said - LINK

Sky Blue Pete

I am pretty sure the EFL would have seen more than just an announcement on the CCFC website wouldn't they?

The same as they were seeing CCC play silly pricks about the Butts when John Sharpe was trying to get a groundshare there.
I’m told efl have quarterly updates and have been incredibly supportive of the club

shmmeee

Sheffield United playing in the Premier League will bring in more money next year than all of the city centre events put together, council leader Julie Dore has said - LINK

I get that. But firstly these sorts of economic analyses always overplay their hand, secondly we aren’t in the Prem, and thirdly Sheffield council don’t have to balance that against potential losses of property or legal costs.

shmmeee

Aren't you saying here the only time, going back decades, the relationship between the club and the council has been good is the period when SISU took over before they realised not owning the stadium and paying £1.3m a year rent was an issue.

No that’s not what I’m saying at all. I’m saying there’s no evidence of a long standing problem of CCC hating CCFC for no apparent reason.

shmmeee

How is the economical argument overplayed?

I have pointed out for years that people bashing CCFC get hard because they think they are bashing SISU.

You are still trying to make this out to be all because SISU are nasty while saying anything CCC did before is a conspiracy.

Sort yourself out, it's every fucking thread like this.

Im not doing that at all. I think you’re getting overly emotional. Let’s leave it there.

Nick

Administrator
I get that. But firstly these sorts of economic analyses always overplay their hand, secondly we aren’t in the Prem, and thirdly Sheffield council don’t have to balance that against potential losses of property or legal costs.

The thing is, you are completely going against one of their arguments about the economical benefit of Wasps being here.

CCC thought Wasps would be a ready made replacement to slot in.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

Presumably somehow the indemnity CCC are insisting on reimburses Wasps if they are forced to pay out as a state aid remedy. Otherwise why would Wasps entertain the idea of letting CCC dictate the terms of an agreement between landlord and tenant?

What if CCC is the largest investor in Wasps Bonds? Wouldn't that explain an awful lot?

No actual evidence, just a thought...

Liquid Gold

Can we get a petition started? Need to know who is involved and who should be voted out.

Let's bring them down.
I think before a petition we need to know individual councillors positions. Come up with a pledge that says despite any legal action I will do all I can to support CCFC returning to the ricoh. (Not that obviously, someone will be able to come up with something better). If they don’t sign then we have a list to work against.

shmmeee

I think before a petition we need to know individual councillors positions. Come up with a pledge that says despite any legal action I will do all I can to support CCFC returning to the ricoh. (Not that obviously, someone will be able to come up with something better). If they don’t sign then we have a list to work against.

Said this in another thread about this.

Basic plan:

First split councillors into pro and anti through canvassing. Doesn’t have to be a pledge, and email asking is probably enough at first.

Build a team you can offer to support either the councillors who are pro or the opponents of those who are anti.

Be very public about this, make it clear you’ll call off the dogs if councillors change their mind.

That or you target one or two key seats.

We simply don’t have the numbers to make a difference all over, nor do most citizens care enough to change their vote.

But if you can offer serious manpower or resources like printing to candidates they should listen. If you can offer say twenty men to turn up and post leaflets or canvass or whatever that’s tangibly useful to any politician.

shmmeee

I am not emotional in the slightest. I have no personal ties to it. I have no family members involved.

You’re a CCFC fan of course you have ties to it. You’re ranting and swearing and throwing out personal insults and bringing family into it. As I said, too emotional for me. You want to talk let’s talk, but cut that shit out.

Senior Vick from Alicante

I’ll be honest mate, it makes more sense than “private business gets bosses around by local council against their wishes”. But we’re all just reading tea leaves aren’t we? The result is the same: Wasps want to guarantee their future at the Ricoh come what may.

Not sure what it’s got to do with Sisus fault. Just looking for a rational explanation of their actions.
Then they should have offered Sisu a buy in based on 50% of what they paid. They wanted the whole lot and if it ends up being financially ruinous then so be it.

Users who are viewing this thread