So anyone regretting the early season ticket buy now McNulty sold ? (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Kinda regretting it more over the fact of re arranged fixtures.
I work Friday night's so could mean missing 4 games on top of the usual midweek games i can't make if they are moved to a friday

With you on this as I also work nights so it’s a bit of a pain

Terry Gibson's perm

Not that bothered about Mcnulty going at least he had a two year deal so we got some money for him rather than a one year where he could have walked away, so the manager has money to replace him with hopefully

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I heard Grendull met Marc McNulty once.
McNulty: "Hello Grendull. My name's Marc. Spelt with a 'c'"
Grendull: "What?..... you mean Cark?"

Greggs

Don't know about you lot, but I really enjoy Friday night games. We had a decent record last season, If i remember correctly?

Otis

Doesn't bother me whatever, Friday night Saturday afternoon, Sunday, Monday morning at 7am, but there must be loads of people it IS a problem for though and we don't all live in Coventry and 30 mins away or less.

Let's wait and see what happens I guess.

clint van damme

No regrets.
I don't have much common sense but luckily I have enough to realise that if footballers get offered an opportunity to play at a higher level for more money, in what is a short career, there's not a lot you can do about it and getting worked up is pretty pointless.

runner

Question for you 'runner' - if this had been last season and the signing had been McNulty, would that have made you get a season ticket? A second question - who do they have to sign to make you buy one (because if it was a e.g. Conor Chaplin, you'd be no wiser than most on here) ?

Fair question ... my scepticism lies mainly with the reinvestment, he's gone now ... so that's the end of McNulty, so the reinvestment on a striker for circa £1m rather than it being whittled away and a token gesture purchase being made ... that would convince me that SISU weren't eyeing the money for their own purposes. I'm not blaming SISU for the sale, to be clear here, you can see that McNulty (and more importantly his agent) that forced this ... but what we do next is the real issue for me, we have to replace those goals and whilst I can't give you a name, I'd like a proven striker, not a non-league possibly 'great' striker.

mark82

Fair question ... my scepticism lies mainly with the reinvestment, he's gone now ... so that's the end of McNulty, so the reinvestment on a striker for circa £1m rather than it being whittled away and a token gesture purchase being made ... that would convince me that SISU weren't eyeing the money for their own purposes. I'm not blaming SISU for the sale, to be clear here, you can see that McNulty (and more importantly his agent) that forced this ... but what we do next is the real issue for me, we have to replace those goals and whilst I can't give you a name, I'd like a proven striker, not a non-league possibly 'great' striker.

I think sometimes you have to trust the managers judgement whoever he brings in. I'm sure he wouldn't have sanctioned the McNulty sale if he wasn't confident he could replace him. His job rides on him making the right signing at the end of the day.

mark82

Whittled away how?

McNulty wasn't a proven striker that cost us nothing to buy.

Robins has said it will be reinvested in the team. Unless people think Robins is a liar (and he was honest about not getting Maddison money) then I don't see what people are worried about.

We also need to remember that transfer fees are not the only way to spend extra money on players.

Nick

Administrator
Robins has saved I will be reinvested in the team. Unless people think Robins is a liar (and he was honest about not getting Maddison money) then I don't see what people are worried about.

We also need to remember that transfer fees are not the only way to spend extra money on players.

People are worried they are running out of reasons not to bother until we get a game at Wembley, that's all. That's why they are digging around at the back of the sofa for excuses.

runner

People are worried they are running out of reasons not to bother until we get a game at Wembley, that's all. That's why they are digging around at the back of the sofa for excuses.

Didn't go to Wembley Nick ... but had a season ticket last year ... but some may fall into that category I agree ...

Nick

Administrator
Didn't go to Wembley Nick ... but had a season ticket last year ... but some may fall into that category I agree ...

OK ;)

If people are refusing to now go because McNulty was sold then it is getting desperate.

runner

OK ;)

If people are refusing to now go because McNulty was sold then it is getting desperate.

I'm not so much refusing to go ... as genuinely haven't decided what to do ... actually for me it's seeing all that money from McNulty being reinvested that will swing me

GaryJones

No regrets at all - besides come the January window when Mcnulty has only scored twice all season he will probably be loaned back to Coventry City under an understanding manager to get his mojo back!

stevefloyd

Not regretting at all - start another thread about people 'regretting not getting one' when we announce the signing of Rene von Fontenberg from FC Augsburg next week (don't bother googling, I made the name up)
I went to school with his cousin
.Ivor Bhig Battenburg

Users who are viewing this thread