So anyone regretting the early season ticket buy now McNulty sold ? (1 Viewer)

runner

I appreciate that it’s early days ... and that despite the lack of goals in the first half of last season it all came good in the end, but I made a conscious decision to accept the price if season tickets going up post early birds for the simple reason that I did think that SISU / agent / McNulty would mean that he stayed ... Baylis May still go ... so wanted to know, come the end of July, who was here or who wasn’t before investing again this year ... and have to confess I’m glad I did as right now still disappointed he’s been sold ... so is anyone else doing the same as me and not committed yet ? And is anyone regretting their early season ticket purchase already ? ...

djr8369

Purchased early and not regretting it as it was likely he’d go. Hoping somebody comes in with some of the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Not regretting at all - start another thread about people 'regretting not getting one' when we announce the signing of Rene von Fontenberg from FC Augsburg next week (don't bother googling, I made the name up)

bradwellskyblues

purchased ticket early no regrets players will always go to teams in higher divs who pay much higher wages on much longer contracts.
I hope bayliss will stay but if he doesnt sign a new contract he will go or we will risk only getting compensation as we did with thomas.
Its pointless moaning about it

Sky Blue Harry H

It might seem a daft question, but we support the team, don't we? Not just the team 'only if it includes Bayliss and McNulty' (for example)?

skybluedan

Fuck mcnulty and whoever else wants to go , loyalty with players went years ago , they listen to there agents and is all about money , fuck the wee prick, we are coventry city. Get yourself a season ticket and get up there

Sky Blue Harry H

Totally regretting it now and kicking myself for buying one and will be so until we replace him and then I will be as happy as Larry.

So guessing I will be full of rage and anger and fury for about a week.

Just in case you aren't aware 'runner' Otis' post is dripping in sarcasm with a slight dash of mischief

Otis

Just in case you aren't aware 'runner' Otis' post is dripping in sarcasm with a slight dash of mischief
Or is it??

giphy.gif

better days

Robins has done pretty well with his signings so far
We are a team on the up who try to play football
I suspect Robins has a surprise or two up his sleeve for us in the coming weeks
I'm not regretting backing us to win L1 at 20/1

Nick

Administrator
Why would I regret it? He wanted to go and forced a move.

Strange thread isn't it? Didn't post for a couple of months during play offs then back on it ;)

Is this where people who had no intention of bothering use it as an excuse? Maybe they can get a reading one instead.

Marty

Not a chance do I regret it. Players come and go...

Legia Sky Blue

Mcnulty had a great season no doubt, but it won't be until Christmas that we can really assess the impact of his loss. I think its actually positive he's gone now rather than around the transfer deadline, so that Robins can now make a proper informed signing rather than a panic one to replace him, & if signed early enough will allow that new player to bed in with a few friendly games. Also, Ponticelli has so much potential improvement in him, he might improve beyond recognition like Callum Wilson did a few years ago. Of course he might not and he could end up at Nuneaton, but either way I am not as worried about McNulty's loss as I would have been immediately after the play off final.

NortonSkyBlue

I wish he had stayed so as a protest I wont go to any games until Scunthorpe at home and maybe the Cyrille Regis game the previous Saturday.

Johnnythespider

I don't regret buying a season ticket one bit, now if I'd had his name on the back of a shirt that might be a problem. But I haven't so I'm happy. To turn this round a bit I would ask the O.P if he will regret not getting one when we get promoted.

BackRoomRummermill

Oh dear , a doomsday thread already with the sale of McNulty , with that attitude I believe most fans are regretting you buying a season ticket rather than him going , lighten up it’s one guy

Malaka

Nope, I have a choice, Football or shopping/housework. It's a no brainer. Players come and go, personally I Don't care, been going now for fifty years, I hope I can go for another 50 (preferably in a higher league)

Nick

Administrator
I don't regret buying a season ticket one bit, now if I'd had his name on the back of a shirt that might be a problem. But I haven't so I'm happy. To turn this round a bit I would ask the O.P if he will regret not getting one when we get promoted.

Will he bollocks, he will be one of the twats who says he won't ever go and moan about players because they are free transfers so they are shit then scramble for a Wembley ticket and moan if the "shit free transfers" get sold.

Hobo

There was always a chance McNulty and Bayliss would be snapped up, so it is not like the fans have been duped. After last season I was hoping some of our fans might have learned not to panic too soon.

Old Warwickshire lad

Got a season ticket to watch the city. Half expected McNulty to be gone along with a few others. But his ratio of goals per chances was not that great, and I am sure if we create the same amount of chances this season the goals will come from someone else.

Gint11

You bought a season ticket because of McNulty ?!?!?!? Errr ok then.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modcons86

Kinda regretting it more over the fact of re arranged fixtures.
I work Friday night's so could mean missing 4 games on top of the usual midweek games i can't make if they are moved to a friday

runner

Well it's encouraging to see so many enthusiastic about next season regardless of the striker that ends upfront for us ... and I get the responses of most ... had a season ticket last year ... probably will this ... but will leave it to see who comes in first I think as price won't drop regardless ... but we all pays our money and makes our choices eh ... hope we come out of the traps quicker than last season ... fingers crossed

Sky Blue Harry H

Well it's encouraging to see so many enthusiastic about next season regardless of the striker that ends upfront for us ... and I get the responses of most ... had a season ticket last year ... probably will this ... but will leave it to see who comes in first I think as price won't drop regardless ... but we all pays our money and makes our choices eh ... hope we come out of the traps quicker than last season ... fingers crossed

Question for you 'runner' - if this had been last season and the signing had been McNulty, would that have made you get a season ticket? A second question - who do they have to sign to make you buy one (because if it was a e.g. Conor Chaplin, you'd be no wiser than most on here) ?

Colin Steins Smile

I remember the same rubbish being spouted when we sold Huckerby to Leeds, then replaced him with Robbie Keane.............that worked out okay!

Users who are viewing this thread