skyblueprincess. (1 Viewer)

Well it would appear that SBP has left us. Her free speech was taken away after a controversial thread that she started was closed. Who would like to see Nick email and ask her to come back and who thinks she should stay gone?

I say diversity is key and would like to see her contacted.

rob9872

Cliff notes on the thread - was it a good'un?

LastGarrison

As a female I think she has absolutely no right to be on a football board and should stay gone as I would imagine her posting on here was probably having an adverse affect on her cleaning and ironing responsibilities.

Nah she was alright and definitely should be asked back. Plus it was amusing watching some of the male posters fawning over her.

Coventry La La La

What thread was locked of hers? Threads have to be locked on forums to stop pointless/duplicate threads it's not as if we are running a Nazi camp around here.........

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
Get her back, but surely diversity are busy touring so Nick may have to step in!!

LastGarrison

How did I miss that thread????

IMO it was right to be locked in the end as it was only going to descend into further petty name calling.

SBT put her point across, not particularly well in my opinion, but it's definitely not a reason to leave the board.

Nick

Administrator
I didn't lock it because of freedom of speech. I locked it because it was just going to end up with name calling going backwards and forward.

If I was trying to hide the freedom of speech I would have deleted it but it was just going to get silly.

rob9872

I never minded her tbh although that thread is a bit loony. Perhaps she was p*ssed when she posted it. She should be allowed to express her views of course, but when things are factually incorrect, it needs pointing out before things gather pace.

The whole muslim thing was put to bed long ago, although tbh it would have been great if he was since the only ones I can recall have all been model professionals (Chippo, Hadji, Safri and presumably with his name - Big Mo (?) )

smileycov

Facebook User
Christ i didn't see that! bit harsh the replies though, covcity4life.....not a happy bunny was he.

p.s. hope i didn't offend christians with my opening line.....haha :)

smileycov

Facebook User
I didn't lock it because of freedom of speech. I locked it because it was just going to end up with name calling going backwards and forward.

If I was trying to hide the freedom of speech I would have deleted it but it was just going to get silly.

first time i read it, thought you did the correct thing. irrelavent if people aggreed with her or not, i personally didn't, it didn't make sense. However the thread decended into name calling and religious tones. certain people got quite nasty (unfairly IMO)

cov_russell

Facebook User
Locking the thread doesn't take away her freedom of speech. Surely she's willingly given up a platform for free speech by leaving the site.

I personally agree that it should've been locked. It descended into chaos. Its a shame she has left though. It was funny to see the old boys trying to flirt.

Just to note, I didn't think her free speech was taken away, she did.

Last edited:

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Bah I stayed out of that one because her points weren't really anything to do with football it was purely for her to get some things off her chest. Which I think is fair enough, it personally doesn't bother me but it was obvious troll food for some people. Either way i'm sure she'll be back.

blueflint

get her back on the forum she's cool and entitled to her opinion go for it hun:guitar2::guitar2:

Ernie Machin

Freedom of speech is an interesting one. She's entitled to her opinion as anyone else is, but there were a number of factual inaccuracies in the original post and more importantly it had NOTHING to do with CCFC. I think the thread was right to be locked, the thread had nowhere else to go and everyone had had their say.

Certainly no need to flounce out over it.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Totally agree with locking that thread because it really was getting out of hand. However, if SBPrincess wishes to leave the forums then surely that is her perogative. There are times when I read threads on here and feel some posters are pure knob-heads, but I ignore them and say what I feel. I would like to see SBPrincess back, but as I said, it's her choice.

rob9872

Don't panic Rich. You might be a "knob-head" but you're far from pure :)

rob9872

Cool - congrats mate :)

(nip to the club shop - they have soem good baby stuff in there and get em hooked whilst they are too young to realise we're shite!) :)

Cool - congrats mate :)

(nip to the club shop - they have soem good baby stuff in there and get em hooked whilst they are too young to realise we're shite!) :)

Already had to get a Leicester Baby Grow due to losing that bet with the Father In Law. Hopefully she will grow out of it quick and then I can get her, her first City shirt.

rob9872

Just tell Grandad that he will be dead soon and there is no way you're taking first-born to L*ic*ster after he's gone, so it's better if s/he supports City from the start as you don't want them confused. If he doesn't like it then remind him that you're the father and he won't have any contact with his grandchildren. Nothing like a bit of emotional blackmail - we need the supprt more than them! :)

Kuklinski

I've not been a member of this forum too long, but on the strength of that one thread alone I think every effort should be made to bring back the Princess.

I like it Rob, but i'm afraid I'd be the one not seeing my child if I said anything like that. The courts always stick up for the Mums apparently. I think she will be at CCFC with me on one Saturday and at Leicester the next. He's only 50 so he has a few years left yet.

I will be filling the house with CCFC baby products though. It'll be hard but i'm sure I can win.

JCR1987

I think that if we have any threads on here that contain personal name calling, threats or ridiculous inaccuracies, they should instantly be locked and the offending users be suspended. Personally I can take any sort of crap thrown at me on forums such as this (not that I try to attact it), but there are others who innocently post their opinion onto which other mentally unstable/socially inept/emotionally insecure (undoubted 'chavs' themselves) latch on to in order to try and big themselves up.

I don't know SBP, but she posted her opinion and reasons behind why she didn't attend games last season and good for her for doing so. How anyone can take the high ground for her not wanting to attend because of the previous wrongdoing of a certain player is beyond me - it's her choice. Personally i'm of the opinion that MK could could have scored 50 goals last season and I'd have celebrated every one. However, if he came and sat next to me in the pub i wouldn't give him the time of day.

rob9872

You c**t! :D

Users who are viewing this thread