Match Thread Sky Blues v Boro (double header)? (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

I was up for sending Jones out on loan after so long injured just so he could get some minutes but having seen him in pre-season not so sure now. Will trust Robins to make the right decision and if he does decide to loan him out sure there won't be a shortage of clubs wanting to take him.

Mucca Mad Boys

Kasta in with a chance at right back!

Could be brilliant or a disaster 😂

I don’t think it’s outrageous.

With our shape, we could feasibly play with a slightly more attacking WB like Jobello, Kasta, Hilßner (and so on). It’s not that uncommon. Obviously, they need to have the work rate and to not be a hopeless defender.

mrtrench

I heard from somewhere (but somewhere public, no inside information) that he reacted badly to being told that he'd struggle for games or that he could leave.

Grendel

I heard from somewhere (but somewhere public, no inside information) that he reacted badly to being told that he'd struggle for games or that he could leave.

Well he will struggle can’t see him featuring other than the odd cup game

I don’t get the drama. He’s got a year left hasn’t he? There’s zero chance we’d renew he’s pushing 30 he’d be better trying to get a contract somewhere like Walsall on a 2 year deal with an option for a third

better days

Max has had a fall out.
There hasn't been a fallout
I suspect Robins doesn't think Max is a Championship level player and will allow him to leave if he can find a club
Max has been great and loves the club and fans
Witness his recent donation to the season ticket fund
Most clubs have players like this, whole hearted and generous but perhaps not of the standard as you go up the leagues
He will be remembered for years for the right reasons, not like so many overseas mercenaries

clint van damme

I don’t get the drama. He’s got a year left hasn’t he? There’s zero chance we’d renew he’s pushing 30 he’d be better trying to get a contract somewhere like Walsall on a 2 year deal with an option for a third

big fan of Max but this is a realistic assessment of where his career is now. Good luck to him .

ccfc1234

I suspect Robins doesn't think Max is a Championship level player and will allow him to leave if he can find a club
Most clubs have players like this, whole hearted and generous but perhaps not of the standard as you go up the leagues
He will be remembered for years for the right reasons, not like so many overseas mercenaries
Spectacular goals aside, Max is one of those forwards has a nack of getting into dangerous situations and against Birmingham in the cup made a posative differance on both games. If his time at ccfc is over his agent should call Bristol Rovers, they have just got a fair amount for JCH and Max could go a long way to filling that void.
The comment re Walsall given their league was slightly derogatory.

Mucca Mad Boys

I like Biamou, he had some good cameos last season and certainly kicked on from his L2 days.

But, the Championship is likely a step up too far for him.

Gooden and Walker are the two obvious starting caliber strikers, and Baka has looked good in preseason. Where does Biamou fit in?

Offhegoes

Feel a bit sorry for Max. He really made an impact on those crucial last games in the L2 promotion. Out for a year, then showed great attitude last season to get himself back in the picture, and scored goals. I would keep him around, as there’s plenty of players who have got better as they got older. We’ll need 4 strikers across a 46 game season anyway

fernandopartridge

He's had a better time here than he could ever have dreamt imho. Take the memories and leave on a high.

Users who are viewing this thread