Match Thread Sky Blues v Boro (double header)? (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Kelly is playing with the 2nd team, surprised at that.

Evo1883

Godden movement in the box is the reason his pace isn't an issue... Great for the first goal wonderful finish

kg82

I agree with them he wasnt impressive for me. Appreciate he isnt best in a defensive role but he wasnt in the game at all
In what way? Are you expecting him to plough forward when his job in this game was to hold? That role is unspectacular, that’s the nature of it. Of course he can improve if he’s going to play there more, but he wasn’t poor.

Warwickhunt

I tethered my PC after the Buffering on Wireless started and direct router to my PC was brilliant and enjoyed the game! We look pretty assured with or without the ball and I thought O'Hare was head and shoulders above anybody else on the park (we got ourselves a gem) Gooden will be ok in the Championship as his thought and positioning will get him in the goals this season. Pleasantly surprised by Declan Drysdale as well (good future)

Garryb80

In what way? Are you expecting him to plough forward when his job in this game was to hold? That role is unspectacular, that’s the nature of it. Of course he can improve if he’s going to play there more, but he wasn’t poor.
Then we disagree

Sky Blue Harry H

Posh forum (2 posters!) say they were naff, except for Broom (scorer) but that we outplayed/ out-thought them for whole game, plus Godden easily best forward on the pitch.

cooperskyblue

To think people were happy to take or leave O'Hare. I thought we had to do everything t get him and we have and today showed his qualities. Tenacity, quality on he ball, fair play to the lad. He is only going to get better.

We bossed the game from 1st to last as others have said. Sloppy goal to give away but that's what it was a gift. Another CM with Hamer would be cherry on top of the cake.

Match fitness and sharpness was a different level to the Swindon game.

Paxman II

Don't get me wrong but Shippers is not a DM player by a long shot. He bareley intervened, no tackles, wonders too much, where as Hamer for example or Kelly for that matter, instinctively knows where to pick up the ball. There is a role for Shippers but he will bench a lot and be the 60th minute man for O'Hare running out of steam. He will start a few in that number 10 role becuase he has a knack for scoring a goal.

Warwickhunt

Godden movement in the box is the reason his pace isn't an issue... Great for the first goal wonderful finish
how much do Posh want for Ivan Toney?? i think they let a better forward come to us in my opinion!

AFCCOVENTRY

A couple of goals we’ve given away in pre-season have couple from sloppy back passes from centre mid/defensive mid.
Defo the final piece of the jigsaw is getting more quality in there.

Users who are viewing this thread