Sky Blues Trust Guardian link (1 Viewer)

wingy

Apart from it being total bollocks, it was a reference to a description of the British Generals in WWI, actually they won that war, so whatever one might think about the means their strategy worked.

I think Tony would like to know It was a Fisherism about the trust.

Grendel

Apart from it being total bollocks, it was a reference to a description of the British Generals in WWI, actually they won that war, so whatever one might think about the means their strategy worked.

Shame about the millions who perished and millions more whose lives were ruined.

Still the strategy worked. So if sisu's strategy works you'll think the same? Oh no because this isn't millions if lived ruined this is ACL and as everyone knows Jack lives and breaths ACL.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Can someone please explain to me the donkey and lion reference?

Lions: Typically-foot soldiers, the brave, the working class, union members etc
Donkeys: Typically-Generals, management, government etc

Tony Woodley used it on the "Save Jaguar Browns Lane" march in the city centre rally back in 2004(?) I recall, when he referred to the bench mark,quality award winning Browns Lane staff being Lions, led by the Ford management (donkeys) to a point where closure was inevitable....

Nick

Administrator
Lions: Typically-foot soldiers, the brave, the working class, union members etc
Donkeys: Typically-Generals, management, government etc

Tony Woodley used it on the "Save Jaguar Browns Lane" march in the city centre rally back in 2004(?) I recall, when he referred to the bench mark,quality award winning Browns Lane staff being Lions, led by the Ford management (donkeys) to a point where closure was inevitable....

Can't disagree with it from the past but getting better I think

skybluefred

This is a very disturbing development.

If Sisu are now eroding even the principles of free speech it is time to say enough!
These bastards are beneath contempt.
Shame on you - CET

The CET forum was full of sisu lovers or plants. Any poster could remove a post simply by clicking on the box on the top left corner of the post.

James Smith

Some thoughts.

A national newspaper journalist wrote an article detailing our plight in the respected Guardian.

Something in that article spooked SISU and obviously enough to get all lawyered up (if they weren't already) and start sending letters to the supporters trust and possibly (although it hasn't been proven) to The Guardian.

The article doesn't seem to contain anything that we didn't already know except the offer from ACL via the FL.

So the question is what spooked SISU and why?

I don't think it can have been the offer via the Football league unless we get sub 1000 attendance against Crewe.

Was it wider knowledge of our plight and highlighting the fact that SISU/Seppala are involved. Again I think this is unlikely because there have been many articles in the press that mention that, although the Guardian is getting a lot of exposure thanks to the Snowden revelations.

Is it because it mentions the areas that investors come from such as European and Asian pension funds, and American universities' endowment funds. Possible but then you'd think they'd keep tabs on where they're invested i.e. which funds in which hedge.

Is it because Joy was misquoted in the article? Possible but then this is an award winning journalist for an award winning newspaper - so unlikely.

Is it because it mentions figures allegedly spent and questions our league record since they took over given this large amount of money.

So I've run out of ideas based on the content of the article as I don't understand what there is that's possibly actionable or even objectionable.

Has anyone spotted anything I've missed that they could have taken badly?

Pubboy

Some thoughts.

A national newspaper journalist wrote an article detailing our plight in the respected Guardian.

Something in that article spooked SISU and obviously enough to get all lawyered up (if they weren't already) and start sending letters to the supporters trust and possibly (although it hasn't been proven) to The Guardian.

The article doesn't seem to contain anything that we didn't already know except the offer from ACL via the FL.

So the question is what spooked SISU and why?

I don't think it can have been the offer via the Football league unless we get sub 1000 attendance against Crewe.

Was it wider knowledge of our plight and highlighting the fact that SISU/Seppala are involved. Again I think this is unlikely because there have been many articles in the press that mention that, although the Guardian is getting a lot of exposure thanks to the Snowden revelations.

Is it because it mentions the areas that investors come from such as European and Asian pension funds, and American universities' endowment funds. Possible but then you'd think they'd keep tabs on where they're invested i.e. which funds in which hedge.

Is it because Joy was misquoted in the article? Possible but then this is an award winning journalist for an award winning newspaper - so unlikely.

Is it because it mentions figures allegedly spent and questions our league record since they took over given this large amount of money.

So I've run out of ideas based on the content of the article as I don't understand what there is that's possibly actionable or even objectionable.

Has anyone spotted anything I've missed that they could have taken badly?

My guess, is that its the latest offer that has pissed them off. They started out providing a weak type of denial which everyone saw straight through (offer not made directly). I would guess that they believe it weakens their position, as ACL are using the FL to show there is a clear alternative to Northampton. For some reason, they still believe there remain people who dont know they are trying to distress ACL and CCC to get the Ricoh at a knock down price. Some may even have more respect for SiSue if they confirmed their real plans and exit strategy. I do agree that the CCC need to stop playing politics, and if they really have no intention (or ability?) to sell the Ricoh at a discounted price to allow for SiSue to gain a return on their investment (or reduce their losses), they should come out and say so in very clear language. No to the sale of the freehold, but the offer is there for short, medium and long term lease. It really forces SiSue's hand then.

James Smith

My guess, is that its the latest offer that has pissed them off. They started out providing a weak type of denial which everyone saw straight through (offer not made directly). I would guess that they believe it weakens their position, as ACL are using the FL to show there is a clear alternative to Northampton. For some reason, they still believe there remain people who dont know they are trying to distress ACL and CCC to get the Ricoh at a knock down price. Some may even have more respect for SiSue if they confirmed their real plans and exit strategy. I do agree that the CCC need to stop playing politics, and if they really have no intention (or ability?) to sell the Ricoh at a discounted price to allow for SiSue to gain a return on their investment (or reduce their losses), they should come out and say so in very clear language. No to the sale of the freehold, but the offer is there for short, medium and long term lease. It really forces SiSue's hand then.

I agree with that and as I've said before as I understand it the council can't just sell the freehold to SISU it has to go on offer to everyone. The club are no longer tenants and the Higgs can I think sell their share to whomever they choose if they get offers subject to the the other shareholder agreeing. I would guess that the council need to see that they can trust SISU and obviously on the one hand going back to the Ricoh would help this but the JR process would wipe out that trust. Would like to see the letter that the Trust were sent.

TurkeyTrot

With good reason I would have thought.

What I find quite disturbing in all this, while certain folk are salatiously calling for the letter to be printed (it seems to find some twisted spin to justify SISU's action) no one has asked the question why single out the Trust, even Les Rieds article bleats about the Sky Blue Trust "publishing" when in fact they didn't publish anything, only provide a link to the said article, but let's not let facts get in the way when written by a world renowned award winning journalist eh?
Why hasn't this forum been sent a letter? Or those linking the article on Facebook, Twitter, or other various media outlets who have linked the article?
Certain folk seemed to have chosen to ignore this fact, including Reid.

First they came for the communists...

NorthernWisdom

What I find quite disturbing in all this, while certain folk are salatiously calling for the letter to be printed (it seems to find some twisted spin to justify SISU's action)

I'd rather ask for the letter to be printed for the same reason countless hordes tell SISU to pop up the info they have... information up there lends weight to an argument, and that putting up said letter takes away any possibility of sin... The same approach in fact Nev took with McGinnity, where he put up transcripts of the letter he received, and the one his solicitors sent in reply.

no one has asked the question why single out the Trust

It's not quite the same, but I did try ;) http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/39744-Sky-Blues-Trust-Guardian-link?p=600581#post600581

simple_simon

What I find quite disturbing in all this, while certain folk are salatiously calling for the letter to be printed (it seems to find some twisted spin to justify SISU's action) no one has asked the question why single out the Trust, even Les Rieds article bleats about the Sky Blue Trust "publishing" when in fact they didn't publish anything, only provide a link to the said article, but let's not let facts get in the way when written by a world renowned award winning journalist eh?
Why hasn't this forum been sent a letter? Or those linking the article on Facebook, Twitter, or other various media outlets who have linked the article?

An interesting point, now my mind (simple it may be) is starting to ask why ?
The article was and still is available to view in a number of places but why single out the Sky Blue Trust ?

wingy

Here next then.

TurkeyTrot

An interesting point, now my mind (simple it may be) is starting to ask why ?
The article was and still is available to view in a number of places but why single out the Sky Blue Trust ?

Absolutely Simon, THAT is the one question local journos should be demanding answers to, not bleating about themselves or making stupid comments like it was a threat of a threat, I don't even know what that means!

J

Jack Griffin

If this letter fair & reasonable then why can't CCFC print it?

I don't see why the onus should be put on the trust .

CJ_covblaze

The letter is now on our website.

Nick

Administrator
slet.png

The trust DID republish it by sending it out in an email not just posting a link to it....It was copied and pasted from the Guardian and sent out to all trust members which is maybe their point? IF facts are untrue, the Trust have emailed out 2000 plus people with potentially libellous information which you can't really do as that is re-publishing the same information?

IF Sisu can prove that a lot of it is inaccurate then I am sure it would be changed?

How much input did the Trust have in the article? Could that be why SISU have an interest in the trust for this?

NorthernWisdom

I know this may be an unpopular thing to say but...

Isn't that letter effectively saying 'we don't want to sue you as collatoral damage, so here's a heads up'?

Actually scrub that, you'd just offer a nod and w ink rather than a formal letter, wouldn't you.

Last edited:

lewys33

Isn't that letter effectively saying 'we don't want to sue you as collatoral damage, so here's a heads up'?

Actually scrub that, you'd just offer a nod and w ink rather than a formal letter, wouldn't you.

I dont think it is a "heads up" at all. It is a clear threat.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

In which case you could argue that a phone call from a director/official at the club saying we are taking action against the Guardian it would be sensible to take it down would have sufficed?

was the Trust the only website to publish the link on 02/12/13? I assume they got similar letters?

** didnt see your edit NW sorry

Nick

Administrator
I dont think it is a "heads up" at all. It is a clear threat.

I wouldn't say it is a clear threat. A clear threat would use WILL rather than IF but maybe it is a heads up with a bit of a a scare with the letterheaded paper?

Users who are viewing this thread