Sky Blues Trust Guardian link (1 Viewer)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Just had a look at the Trust site seems that the link to the Guardian article has been removed:thinking about:Anybody from the Trust care to tell me why?

M

Ms_whiplash

A little birdy tells me the Trust were threatened with legal action by the club unless they removed it immediately. Seems Mr Fisher didn't like it????

M

Ms_whiplash

I think it just shows that SISU will threaten anyone with legal action if they don't like what is said. Freedom of speech is clearly not allowed if it's about them!

Nonleagueherewecome

A little birdy tells me the Trust were threatened with legal action by the club unless they removed it immediately. Seems Mr Fisher didn't like it????

Legal action on what grounds? And anyway, it's just a link...if they have an issue with it surely they take it up with The Guardian? I'd be amazed if the Trust are spineless enough to give in when there is absolutely no legal foundation for the threat!

J

Jack Griffin

Do you think they'll threaten to sue Google for the result of a search on "guardian coventry city abyss" :thinking about:

Nonleagueherewecome

Do you think they'll threaten to sue Google for the result of a search on "guardian coventry city abyss" :thinking about:

Google, the EU, the FL, the moon for looking at them funny...

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Why it was a link to an article in a newspaper I presume its still available via the Guardian or other sites. This is now getting ridiculous am I now going to get a solicitors letter for standing on the hill because iI might make a noise and wake up the inhabitants of Sixfields?

M

Ms_whiplash

They may well have threatened the Guardian with legal action too and the Trust will be implicated for pointing people in the direction of the article. It is like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted mind as most city fans will have already seen the article anyway!

lordsummerisle

They may well have threatened the Guardian with legal action too and the Trust will be implicated for pointing people in the direction of the article. It is like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted mind as most city fans will have already seen the article anyway!

Fucking hell.

M

Ms_whiplash

No-one from the Trust seems keen to comment? Maybe I will have to get my whip out???

SkyblueBazza

The link was posted on this forum - did they threaten legal action on the poster? Or the forum admin? Probably not, so I doubt they have much to do with it outside of back-scratch type threat/arrangements with the SBT. Such as..."If you leave it there we'll have no more meetings with you"

shmmeee

If it's bad and it's about Sisu, it tends to be true.

Why wouldn't they threaten to sue their own fans? Not as if they hold us in contempt or anything.

shmmeee

Shocking if they're running scared from baseless legal action. If it had any merit the Guardian would've taken the article down.

letsallsingtogether

who knows what lqw they would use to sue the fans trust.
They know the trust only has a small budget and cant afford to argue tje case. Typical of our owners hate the trust and hate the fans.
Shows that the article has hurt them and as they say the truth .....

dadgad

Maybe it was Fisher's own assessment of what Sisu are about or do that has upset someone.? I mean it's a pretty ghastly bit of character assessment.........
I know Fisher isn't gifted or even thoughtful when he opens his gob but that cannot have improved Joy's humour

asb

If an article offends, and is libellous, you go after the publisher first to remove it, way before you threaten people for sharing the information.

Then again...

very little that people have done in this mess has made much sense, so maybe they have suggested legal action.

Or...

they could have asked nicely for someone to remove the link to foster goodwill, but then here I go over thinking possible reasons for something.

Only thing I do know for sure is...

Sometimes things happen for no reason.

Humanity as a rule tends to suffer from the need to identify correlations, and see patterns in things that are random.

Nick

Administrator
I guess they will be after google too.

Did the trust have anything to do with the article?

_brian_

I'll be honest, guys, I've sent that link to a few friends via email! Anyone know of a way to delete the evidence of this from my PC?!?! I know this is just a rumour on an internet forum started by a faceless poster, but with Christmas coming up, I really can't afford any sort of legal battle! Thanks in advance!!!

shmmeee

Comment from the Trust please member and other fans need to know if Sisu are suing their own fans.

Simply removing the link is cowardly. Be honest with your members please.

shmmeee

I guess they will be after google too.

Did the trust have anything to do with the article?

No they didn't, and even if they did they are well covered. This is intimidation and I'm disgusted that it's worked.

Nonleagueherewecome

If an article offends, and is libellous, you go after the publisher first to remove it, way before you threaten people for sharing the information.

Then again...

very little that people have done in this mess has made much sense, so maybe they have suggested legal action.

Or...

they could have asked nicely for someone to remove the link to foster goodwill, but then here I go over thinking possible reasons for something.

Only thing I do know for sure is...

Sometimes things happen for no reason.

Humanity as a rule tends to suffer from the need to identify correlations, and see patterns in things that are random.

No total over 400 in 17 innings, the most sixes ever scored against you in an Ashes innings, the worst Ashes collapse in over 50 years, the second heaviest defeat in Ashes history...sometimes, the patterns are connected, unfortunately.

Not in the case of the link though, I don't think...it seems a lot more likely that a "polite request" has been made, EG "do it or we won't be as co-operative with you, which would be a shame given your new, neutral/neutered stance now, wouldn't it?".

Does anyone else find that when imagining Fisher speaking they hear the same voice as David Cameron?

Any way, we need a statement from the Trust to clear this up.

RoboCCFC90

I'll be honest, guys, I've sent that link to a few friends via email! Anyone know of a way to delete the evidence of this from my PC?!?! I know this is just a rumour on an internet forum started by a faceless poster, but with Christmas coming up, I really can't afford any sort of legal battle! Thanks in advance!!!

Quality Brian.

RoboCCFC90

Let's all start the day with a good conspiracy theory shall we..

Nick

Administrator
No they didn't, and even if they did they are well covered. This is intimidation and I'm disgusted that it's worked.

That is if it is what has happened though. In the past when I have had dealings like that they have never really been that harsh or forceful, it has literally been the disgusting stuff that they have requested to be taken down and it has never been "do this or we will sue you". Unless things have changed now.

Users who are viewing this thread