sky blue trust - useful or misguided (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Did you go skybluebeduff ? march or meeting. The 20/48 buses takes you straight to the Royal Warwicks from beduff seems there is an open meeting on the 21st of November so you have three weeks to arrange things so you can be there and contribute.
I went to both, and I already know about the meeting, i'll be there.

NorthernWisdom

Quit the Trust a while ago because I didn't agree with their direction

See I find that interesting, not because I don't think that's a valid reason, but as much because I (re)joined *because* I didn't agree with their direction.

I think by and large what I expect from a Trust is that fans have a voice. tbf I haven't really had a problem with them in the regard of this fan (me) having a voice within the trust since rejoining. Won't pretend they (ever) act on what I say, but at least I feel like I can make my voice heard if I want. My ego isn't big enough to be overly concerned if my suggestions aren't acted on, as long as I think I get a fair hearing... and I would say this has been something I can credit a fair few board members, both past and present, with being happy to do, even if I have my head in my hands sometimes. It's a *lot* better than it used to be back in the day. I hope that continues as much because a Trust shouldn't be an old boys' group to stroke peoples' egos and make them feel important.

I also get the clique bit, as much because such things often end up a hardcore. I went to one Trust open meeting prepared to argue ;) but don't like arguing with strangers(!) and was kind of glad when I didn't have to in the end. That's just the way such things are, however. In that respect, it's down to the membership to make sure it doesn't get cliquey and ego-led too. Chicken and egg, I accept.

At the same time, I often get concerned in general threads where criticism of the trust is shouted down. tbf that's not even from board members. CJ for example's on this thread, he's always seemed open to... feedback and I think feedback's important.

So yes, the Trust is useful. Yes, it could probably be shaped to be more useful. Yes, it needs new blood to help it grow and develop.

georgehudson

Well said NW, I appreciate the fact that @ trust meetings & in general discourse, the SBT actually listen to views, ideas, & information provided by whoever.
This, as opposed to other factions, who I've experienced, are, cliquey & ego-led.
As a CCFC fan of many years, I'd proffer that, as per RB's reply to the OP, at least 90% of CCFC fans ideals are represented by the Trust.

Monners

Think they are doing ok at the moment. Although I am not a member myself (don't live in Cov so meetings are a non starter)

letsallsingtogether

It wasn't the trust who organised the march, the fans did, mainly through facebook.
The unofficial Coventry City Fans Forum on Facebook has 4900 members. Someone called Nigel Warren gave the idea of the protest and it grew from that. The trust were involved but it wasn't their idea I don't think anyway.
Both of you are wrong.
The march came about at the meeting that formed FTJHW.
Various people gave their options.
The march was by far the top choice of all those there.
The trust were handed the task of organising it due to having done it twice before.
Therefore it was promoted on various media Facebook, TV, Radio and even on here.
Nigel has given a few Ideas some taken on board others not.
And yes it is the same Nigel that is blasted on here by the usual posters.

letsallsingtogether

Did I miss a vote for the new head of the Trust?
Yes.
It was on their website and I believed emailed to members.
There was only one who wanted it. Can't blame the rest wouldn't want it myself.
Anyway like CJ has said there are a few opening should you want it?
Before you all cry blue murder and fix I did post it on here but no one wanted it.

ashbyjan

I would hope that the Trust comes over as fair minded, supportive of the fans and he club, open to constructive criticism and open to ideas. We are as democratic as we can possibly be, open meetings are just that open - anyone can attend. There is no checking of memberships etc so anyone can attend (even Northern!!!). The reason that the board structure has stayed fairly static is that no one else wants to do it - I personally quit the board a year or so ago due to work and domestic relocation to Cheshire (maybe should change name from Ashbyjan now I don't live there??) and rejoined when I felt they needed a hand but I went through the election process albeit unopposed. So if you have anything you want to bring up re the Trust, the way its run, the way it interacts with the club, with the SCG, fan ownership etc etc get in touch via twitter, via PM here, via Trust website, via Trust facebook page, turn up to an open meeting.....The Trust is far from perfect but we are trying to improve - communication with members is one area that I am personally keen to improve but I am sure there are many other areas for us to address.

It is certainly not an ego trip for any of us (strike up the violins maestro) but we are all die hard Sky Blues who devote a not inconsiderable amount of time and money to doing what we honestly believe is in the best interest of our members and the club in general. At the end of the day the Trust is about its members, about the fans, about the club - if we can do things better or differently simply tell us.

letsallsingtogether

I would hope that the Trust comes over as fair minded, supportive of the fans and he club, open to constructive criticism and open to ideas. We are as democratic as we can possibly be, open meetings are just that open - anyone can attend. There is no checking of memberships etc so anyone can attend (even Northern!!!). The reason that the board structure has stayed fairly static is that no one else wants to do it - I personally quit the board a year or so ago due to work and domestic relocation to Cheshire (maybe should change name from Ashbyjan now I don't live there??) and rejoined when I felt they needed a hand but I went through the election process albeit unopposed. So if you have anything you want to bring up re the Trust, the way its run, the way it interacts with the club, with the SCG, fan ownership etc etc get in touch via twitter, via PM here, via Trust website, via Trust facebook page, turn up to an open meeting.....The Trust is far from perfect but we are trying to improve - communication with members is one area that I am personally keen to improve but I am sure there are many other areas for us to address.

It is certainly not an ego trip for any of us (strike up the violins maestro) but we are all die hard Sky Blues who devote a not inconsiderable amount of time and money to doing what we honestly believe is in the best interest of our members and the club in general. At the end of the day the Trust is about its members, about the fans, about the club - if we can do things better or differently simply tell us.

Wait for it Jan.

georgehudson

Who is this speaker of note who wishes to engage with the fans ?
Nah, can't be.....
Perhaps the construction of a gallows on the ring road island would be a giveaway

covman

Thought they had 2000 members? And to be fair only a tiny handful ever go to meetings, so it's just a few blokes, in a pub, acting like they're the voice for an entire fan-base. You can see why people get pissed off...

Oh dear... do you understand how democracy works? Have you heard of parliament? You know those few people who meet up and represent an entire country?

Keep up the good work Sky Blue Trust.

Ian1779

Do you not think it's better to do it before they are properly embedded in the community?

It should have happened the day they arrived. However i think it would be a positive move now to unite different areas of the CCFC fan base that currently are not.

Nick

Administrator
Not yet, one battle at a time. Time for that later.

People keep saying one battle at a time, time for it later, they arent off the hook.

Translated to "They got us in for a meeting early and were nice so we dont want to upset them"

Covstu

I always found the trust to be fairly balanced. I am not a fan of the 'we must dispise SISU' over the good of the club approach , it has always needed a more democratic approach. This may not have been the most successful approach I appreciate but it seems the most structured.

rupert_bear

Do you not think it's better to do it before they are properly embedded in the community?
I think it will be like knitting yoghurt mate, they are here and here to stay our battle is to be long term at the Ricoh and negotiate a decent deal, with the right owners We can do that, Wasps need us as much as we need them.

Bennets Afro

As successful as the march was, the trust has lost credibility purely for cosying up to wasps and being scared to upset wasps when they first arrived.
I paid my membership years ago and they no longer represent me as a fan. I wonder how many of the 3000 they claim to represent still believe in them.
I want sisu out and I want wasps out. Neither are going to happen. The club is screwed!

letsallsingtogether

As successful as the march was, the trust has lost credibility purely for cosying up to wasps and being scared to upset wasps when they first arrived.
I paid my membership years ago and they no longer represent me as a fan. I wonder how many of the 3000 they claim to represent still believe in them.
I want sisu out and I want wasps out. Neither are going to happen. The club is screwed!
Funny when the only ones who have actually protested against the wasps are people from the trust.
Where were the rest of you?
Another one who does fuck all and moans when not enough turn up for his fight.

SkyBlueZack

If the only ones that protested against wasps are from the trust. Then why has there been no statement outlining that stance? Why does there appear to be a reluctance to do that now? People agree on here which represents a portion of the fan base that the wasps move should have been condemned. Is it not possible to put a vote out through the trust to release a statement or not?

CJ_covblaze

Users who are viewing this thread