Sky Blue Talk - Negative (1 Viewer)

SJ80

Sorry think this is complete bull shit , it’s like a lot of people on this forum always want to believe the negative and try to drag people’s positivity back , granted I’m new to the board , but reading some old posts even people asking for robins head during the season is beyond me!! Robins would not of signed a new contract if he thought Doug was not the right guy to bring it forward !

Terry_dactyl

Sorry think this is complete bull shit , it’s like a lot of people on this forum always want to believe the negative and try to drag people’s positivity back , granted I’m new to the board , but reading some old posts even people asking for robins head during the season is beyond me!! Robins would not of signed a new contract if he thought Doug was not the right guy to bring it forward !
He might have.
Most fans of most teams are right old miserable bastards about their sides chances. Cynicism is a helpful tool in managing expectations.

Hobo

???? what’s the point of an owner if he doesn’t invest himself? if we continue down the self sufficient route then no change to the previous regime?

Are you saying he was handed the club for nothing?

Why didn't Overson buy the club if he is so great?

There clearly have been changes since the previous regime whether you or I agree or disagree with them?

You portray Overson like he was a distraction rather than an asset to the club? I know very little about him but he seems to me like a tag along who promised a lot, gave a bit and wants lots of credit for it? He said in a press article he was willing to put money in with no return. But to me the return he is after seems publicity without responsibility.

If he really wanted 'no return' why is he carping about being told "Thanks but no thanks."?

Perhaps he isn't perhaps it is just you?

SBT

Boddy has handed in his notice, but in a farewell tribute the HR department say they’re not going to process it for another six months due to unforeseen circumstances.

Sky Blue Pete

Because you have influential people who king has upset. One influential person who the players and manager respects has been shafted by King. That’s where the issue could arise when it works it way down to where it matters the most and his has nothing to do with boddy
What I’ve heard too. And so daft what’s happened

alexccfc99

All of the panicking and ‘leaks’ of bad news from the club are stemming from one and that is people who are annoyed that the box prices went up, not saying they aren’t connected well but I will take anything coming from people with an obvious agenda and axe to grind with a pinch of salt🤷‍♂️

GIMOC

If he’s more competent than Sepalla, Fisher, et al then King can still have a positive impact on the club.

Pouring money without competence gets you in the Everton position.

We all would love a billionaire to invest endlessly in us but we have been as cheap as Chips to buy for years and no one has come forward with an offer good enough to tempt SISU. Hoffman tried multiple times only to be derided on here for trying.

Until that billionaire arrives then we will have to rely on competent business men / women trying to run the club sustainably .

a businessman who has fucked up every price so far and alienated all sponsors. Not exactly what you call a good businessman so far in his first preseason. he might be good businessman in his world but football is completely different

GIMOC

All of the panicking and ‘leaks’ of bad news from the club are stemming from one and that is people who are annoyed that the box prices went up, not saying they aren’t connected well but I will take anything coming from people with an obvious agenda with a pinch of salt🤷‍♂️

goes further than just the boxes which incidentally seems like now king is now backtracking. Not a good look for him.

GIMOC

Are you saying he was handed the club for nothing?

Why didn't Overson buy the club if he is so great?

There clearly have been changes since the previous regime whether you or I agree or disagree with them?

You portray Overson like he was a distraction rather than an asset to the club? I know very little about him but he seems to me like a tag along who promised a lot, gave a bit and wants lots of credit for it? He said in a press article he was willing to put money in with no return. But to me the return he is after seems publicity without responsibility.

If he really wanted 'no return' why is he carping about being told "Thanks but no thanks."?

Perhaps he isn't perhaps it is just you?

overson done a lot more for the club than you will know. not my place to say what but to get the respect from players and managers alike. A lot more respect being shown to overson than king at present by the people who have turned this club round.

alexccfc99

goes further than just the boxes which incidentally seems like now king is now backtracking. Not a good look for him.
So you are slagging him off for changing the decision that you didn’t like anyway?

Not that it makes any odds to me as I’ve heard from some people who sit in the hospitality lounges that some of the behaviour that went on in the boxes last season was appalling so they should count themselves lucky King is even willing to compromise in the first place

GIMOC

So you are slagging him off for changing the decision that you didn’t like anyway?

Not that it makes any odds to me as I’ve heard from some people who sit in the hospitality lounges that some of the behaviour that went on in the boxes last season was appalling so they should count themselves lucky King is even willing to compromise in the first place

????? not exactly a good look when not once but twice back tracking on pricing in your first full pre season.
Ah you jealous that lads were having a good time in the boxes?

king is compromising because no one else is coming forward to take up the boxes.

Hobo

overson done a lot more for the club than you will know. not my place to say what but to get the respect from players and managers alike. A lot more respect being shown to overson than king at present by the people who have turned this club round.

Oh you have suddenly gone all confidentiality aware and can't say too much? I don't claim to know anything. But I do question your source of information and your motivation for putting it out there?

I look forward to Overson taking over the club when King falls on his own sword due to his own incompetence and lack of business knowledge? Which from what you are saying sounds imminent? Perhaps you should apply for Boddy's position if he is going and you are in the know so much?

GIMOC

Oh you have suddenly gone all confidentiality aware and can't say too much? I don't claim to know anything. But I do question your source of information and your motivation for putting it out there?

I look forward to Overson taking over the club when King falls on his own sword due to his own incompetence and lack of business knowledge? Which from what you are saying sounds imminent? Perhaps you should apply for Boddy's position if he is going and you are in the know so much?

what is your problem? you can believe or not believe what you want. but if your happy that players and manager alike are unhappy with how situations are being dealt with then so be it. funny how the club have requested Phil to take down his post. must have hit a nerve

nicksar

????? not exactly a good look when not once but twice back tracking on pricing in your first full pre season.

king is compromising because no one else is coming forward to take up the boxes.
Do you attend matches in the boxes/ corporate areas GIMOC

alexccfc99

Without getting on a high horse, I’ve been in a box at that ground and have done it more times than I care to recall so you definitely chose the incorrect person to try and ‘one up’ there - It doesn’t make you look any less of a cocky twat though

If they had anything about them and after the massive fuss they kicked up they’d say no if King has come crawling back then(y)

GIMOC

Without getting on a high horse, I’ve been in a box at that ground and have done it more times than I care to recall so you definitely chose the incorrect person to try and ‘one up’ there - It doesn’t make you look any less of a cocky twat though

If they had anything about them and after the massive fuss they kicked up they’d say no if King has come crawling back then(y)

So why slag off others in the boxes? Makes you look silly. if you been there countless times then you’ll know that 25k is not worth it.

as for flooding back? Who said that? Most are saying no and few contemplating it.

mr_monkey

what is your problem? you can believe or not believe what you want. but if your happy that players and manager alike are unhappy with how situations are being dealt with then so be it. funny how the club have requested Phil to take down his post. must have hit a nerve

The factually inaccurate post you mean 😏

Users who are viewing this thread