Sky Blue Talk - Negative (5 Viewers)

Grendel

The relationship can't be as bad as some are making out then. If I took over a business and there was someone I thought was sh!t at their job, I'd want them out of the door ASAP. What's the point in keeping them there? If they're not adding value and likely going to be creating negativity around the place as they've been given the boot, give them their salary up front and get them out the door.

Whether they're going to a rival or not.

I doubt he’s got any resources until he gets someone in - you have to act professionally working a notice period - it’s not going to do any favours if you don’t

nicksar

Well, rather than him sit on the office for 3 months on full pay, just say 'right, go now and I'll give you 2 mths wages' etc.

Surely if King didn't like him/think he was good enough, he'd want him out the door ASAP and not hanging around a while?
I'm retired now but the last company I worked for was an American aerospace business there policy was straight on gardening leave when they wanted someone to leave.

Skyblueweeman

I doubt he’s got any resources until he gets someone in - you have to act professionally working a notice period - it’s not going to do any favours if you don’t

No, I get that they have to act professionally FFS! The point still stands, if you don't want someone in the business and there's potential to get them out, get them out. Put them on garden leave.

Delegate the work to someone else or take it on yourself until a replacement is in place.

David O'Day

No, I get that they have to act professionally FFS! The point still stands, if you don't want someone in the business and there's potential to get them out, get them out. Put them on garden leave.

Delegate the work to someone else or take it on yourself until a replacement is in place.
It is weird they would let an MD work his notice, even more weird when the new owner has made himself executive chairman which is basically the same role

lordy_87

View attachment 30445
Another example of why King us right to challenge the clubs commercial dept.
I do agree the club do need to try and boost the social media presence , however there is a clear correlation as you can see that top two rows of clubs as well as cardiff and middlesbrough have been in the prem recently (past 10odd years), whilst the bottom row haven't been in it at all or recently - it's all about exposure.

The only exceptions to the trend really are Blackburn and Huddersfield.

Deity

I do agree the club do need to try and boost the social media presence , however there is a clear correlation as you can see that top two rows of clubs as well as cardiff and middlesbrough have been in the prem recently (past 10odd years), whilst the bottom row haven't been in it at all or recently - it's all about exposure.

The only exceptions to the trend really are Blackburn and Huddersfield.
It’s the differentials between ourselves and other clubs that is most telling, not the rank order ….

Deity

what’s that got to do with the commercial department?
I assume the social media department works for the commercial department. If it doesn’t then nothing. Who ever Is accountable for social media clearly has work to do ….

GIMOC

I assume the social media department works for the commercial department. If it doesn’t then nothing. Who ever Is accountable for social media clearly has work to do ….
we could post the best content on social media, doesn’t mean we will get more followers. what happens on the pitch dictates that. another great season that number will grow.

Deity

we could post the best content on social media, doesn’t mean we will get more followers. what happens on the pitch dictates that. another great season that number will grow.
The reason for clubs in L1 having better followings being ???

SBT

Think Doug King’s failure to appear in any of the Deadpool movies has really held us back on socials. More bad news.

Deity

Portsmouth, Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Bolton, derby, Charlton, Barnsley ….

yes some have been in the Premier League but in many cases not for a long time and in most cases they do not have the catchment area we do

clint van damme

Portsmouth, Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Bolton, derby, Charlton, Barnsley ….

yes some have been in the Premier League but in many cases not for a long time and in most cases they do not have the catchment area we do

And what good has it done them?

Deity

And what good has it done them?
This is about commercial revenues not on pitch performances.

GIMOC is right on field does help off field but as lots of those clubs show it’s not absolutely essential.

This whole thread is about the divided opinions on whether King is right to look to shake up our off the pitch approach.

Deity

I genuinely don't know what the benefits are.
I k ow there are people involved in marketing, e-commerce etc on here who could tell me.
In simple terms the more followers you have who engage more often, the higher the advertising revenues you can attract, the more likely you are to sell your merchandise, etc

clint van damme

This is about commercial revenues not on pitch performances.

GIMOC is right on field does help off field but as lots of those clubs show it’s not absolutely essential.

This whole thread is about the divided opinions on whether King is right to look to shake up our off the pitch approach.

OK, (just made a comment in my last post about not understanding this sort of stuff), but is there a correlation between twitter followers and revenue?

And how would you prove a link to the success of your online presence?

I mean Derby and Wednesday are bigger clubs than us so you'd expect them to have better income from merchandise etc.

Edit - seen reply above, thanks.

theferret

Social media followers massively distorted by PL exposure. It's why Southampton have 1.6 million twitter followers and Portsmouth have 170K. It's pretty meaningless as a gauge of the quality of content.

If you look objectively at our twitter content I think you could say it was very good comparatively.

Grendel

In simple terms the more followers you have who engage more often, the higher the advertising revenues you can attract, the more likely you are to sell your merchandise, etc

Twitter isn’t the best medium for that at all

Finham

This claims to have a live feed on the numbers!: Championship Social ⚽️ 👑

In the absence of any matches, I just sat and watched us lose 5 followers, then gain 5 followers, then lose 4, then gain 4...wonder how realistic that is and if so, why are so many people unfollowing?
We're on a net loss of 9 followers in the past hour. Twitter might be losing all of it's members atm, though!

Users who are viewing this thread