Sky Blue Talk - Negative (4 Viewers)

Martin180

It’s not all been rubbish off the field. That’s how king has presented it and I don’t think that’s fair
Lots of mistakes and errors but not everything
If he has then that is wrong but if he has identified issues in certain departments that need addressing then he is within his rights to correct them.

Like I said previously I'm not in the know but if I underperform in my job then I get the sack , should it be different at the CBS?

Sky Blue Pete

Tell me Pete, what behind the scenes has been an overwhelming positive in the last 5 years that the board can be pleased with?
Exponential increase in season ticket numbers
The way the away tickets are managed more fairly
Hands off allowing robins and adi to manage the day to day a football activity

Ccfcisparks

Because they realise they are incompetent. A criticism of King is that he is not a footballing man, but the previous board were footballing people, yet took a back seat on it because they added no value.

Skyblue_CP

Think we all need a Hamer extension announcement to calm the nerves abit! Not that it appears to be forthcoming,

Also come on Pete, to even remotely suggest that there has been positives off the pitch in the last 5 years is ridiculous. We didn’t even have a pitch to start last season with.

The on the field success is down to Robins, Adi and the coaching staff/recruitment team producing an absolute miracle.

Skyblue_CP

Season ticket numbers isn’t in any way anything to do with good off field management and marketing. Crowds are only ever impacted exponentially by on field performance. The season ticket numbers grew because we got promoted to the Championship and again this season because we got to the play off final.

Sky Blue Pete

Having record ST sales and still having to put a CB on the cheap to stay afloat isn't a sign of good business,
Sisu not having any money to put in last season following the pitch debacle led to the sale both of Hyam (not admitted by the club) and ultimately sale of club shouldn’t negate the previous 4 and a half
No bootlicking from me just an acceptance of people working hard and doing their best

Sky Blue Pete

Aye - because thousands of fans paid for kids tickets despite being overage!
Thousands??????

Because they realise they are incompetent. A criticism of King is that he is not a footballing man, but the previous board were footballing people, yet took a back seat on it because they added no value.
Don’t think fisher and boddy and Seppalla would say they were football people

SBT

Season ticket numbers isn’t in any way anything to do with good off field management and marketing. Crowds are only ever impacted exponentially by on field performance. The season ticket numbers grew because we got promoted to the Championship and again this season because we got to the play off final.
I would say the board deserves credit for a competitive pricing structure for season tickets that encouraged people back into the ground in strong numbers. The matchday experience outside the ground has also improved - not sure how much of that is down to Boddy and co.

David O'Day

Sisu not having any money to put in last season following the pitch debacle led to the sale both of Hyam (not admitted by the club) and ultimately sale of club shouldn’t negate the previous 4 and a half
No bootlicking from me just an acceptance of people working hard and doing their best
I get you know some of the people who are likely the ones being singled out but mate even you can't believe this nonsense you were talking about.

Lads SISU weren't all that bad! Utter nonsense

Sky Blue Pete

Why are you pretending we were in anyway well run?
I’m not saying we were or we weren’t
I’m saying to suggest that the only people who’ve done anything good in the last 5 years when we’ve risen from League 2 to the play off final for the premier league are Mark Robins and Adj Viveash and that nothing done by any other staff or the owner made any difference other than negative is wrong

ccfc_Tom

Thousands??????

Don’t think fisher and boddy and Seppalla would say they were football people
If you acknowledge you know nothing about football then you shouldn't be praised for taking a hands off approach and leaving it to Robins. Hiring Robins is the only thing they can be praised for.

shmmeee

I’m not saying we were or we weren’t
I’m saying to suggest that the only people who’ve done anything good in the last 5 years when we’ve risen from League 2 to the play off final for the premier league are Mark Robins and Adj Viveash and that nothing done by any other staff or the owner made any difference other than negative is wrong

Disagree. Clubs live and die on the pitch. A lot of people got very lucky with Robins and Viveash.

Sky Blue Pete

If you acknowledge you know nothing about football then you shouldn't be praised for taking a hands off approach and leaving it to Robins. Hiring Robins is the only thing they can be praised for.
If it was the only thing to praise fisher for then what praise that should be eh

SeaSeeEffCee

Wow ok. I’ll take that from you as a balanced fellow fan who I respect. You’d give no credit for anything elsewhere? Is that right?
We’d probably still be languishing in the lower leagues, maybe even League 2, without Robins and Viveash. It’s a miracle what they’ve been able to achieve with all the off field shite.

Garlana86

Fuck me we really need a signing.
Mate of mine who supports Birmingham won't shut up about their new rich owners and the multiple signings they've made already...it's going to be insufferable this season if we don't get someone decent in to calm my nerves! The likes of Boro, Sunderland and Birmingham will be licking their lips looking for revenge for last season, all of which have made decent moves already or who have kept their star players.

Winny the Bish

Wow ok. I’ll take that from you as a balanced fellow fan who I respect. You’d give no credit for anything elsewhere? Is that right?
As someone who has worked in social media and marketing, both of CCFC's departments are super uninspiring. They operate at League 2 levels. Success on the pitch is carrying both of them.

I can't speak for the job Boddy or finance/commercial have done, but that's my professional two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread