Sky Blue Talk - Negative (6 Viewers)

Deity

has king upset the corporate lot. Of course, is there a WhatsApp group putting pressure on king of course. Will we know more today, I believe so.

whatever happens, bridges will certainly be burnt.
That what’s app group are not interested in Coventry City they are motivated by self interest. I doubt they would he saying anything about King if he had not sought to charge them the market rate for their tickets ….

The fact they are doing this shows how few who are actually proper corporates who frankly wouldn’t engage like that.

David O'Day

The way GIMOC and Dave are wrestling over who knows Phil better (who's Phil?) i'm half expecting them to realise that they are mates in a bit and take the argument to the mates WhatsApp group.
I've already said I only know Phil (he owns the Empire in Cov city centre) as a friend of a friend.

there is only 1 of our group who is special enough to be GIMOC and he is a Liverpool fan

Last edited:

Martin180

Is this still going ?

Jesus , nothing GIMOC has said has any credibility other than hearsay and a few people with their knickers in a bunch

So King wants to " micromanage " or does he want to see every facet of HIS business and how it is functioning and how it could be improved?

If we ever want to be a Premier League club it will be because things are done professionally, and if that means previous incumbents of roles are replaced then so be it

It's not like we've been a shining beacon of how to run a football club over the past decade is it

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

wish I could elaborate more but unfortunately I can’t. look at Rooney Facebook post. An hour later he’s getting a phone call from the club to take it down.
What is this Phil Rooney post you keep referencing? I think the issue people (not trying to speak for all, but how I see it) are having isn't necessarily what you are saying, it is how you are saying it. I think it's fairly clear that there are some issues behind the scene, there are too many people referencing it. It's just the constant attack is coming across as a bit 'he said/she said' with no real substance. Understand you feel you can't say everything you know, but maybe post more sparingly to not come across so forthright.

djr8369

doesn’t hide from the fact he posted what he did for a reason.
I’m pretty confident the reasons don’t justify threatening to punch people in the throat.

It’s pathetic teenage “ooh I’ll knock you out mate”.

David O'Day

What is this Phil Rooney post you keep referencing? I think the issue people (not trying to speak for all, but how I see it) are having isn't necessarily what you are saying, it is how you are saying it. I think it's fairly clear that there are some issues behind the scene, there are too many people referencing it. It's just the constant attack is coming across as a bit 'he said/she said' with no real substance. Understand you feel you can't say everything you know, but maybe post more sparingly to not come across so forthright.
He went on a similar rant to GIMOC but also said he would punch anyone he hears singing the DK song in the throat. The club seemed to have contacted him to ask him to remove it as it was a threat of violence and he can he linked back to the club and it's management (having worked for them etc.). GIMOC has painted that like the club are trying to silence anybody who speaks against them and not what it actually was, the club not wanting to be linked back to someone who threatens other cov fans

djr8369

has king upset the corporate lot. Of course, is there a WhatsApp group putting pressure on king of course. Will we know more today, I believe so.

whatever happens, bridges will certainly be burnt.
Do you think the owner should be bullied into making a change via a WhatsApp group of disgruntled people who want to choose their own sweet deal?

David O'Day

I’m pretty confident the reasons don’t justify threatening to punch people in the throat.

It’s pathetic teenage “ooh I’ll knock you out mate”.
This is it, he is making out that the club asked for the post be remove as it was critical of them and not that it was a threat of violence from someone they can be linked to.

Hobo

GIMOC is stressing how King has made a complete cock up of PR and exec box pricing, shirt sponsorship and has upset loads of people. He might be right?

He also is critical of King for not listening to others at the club who know better. Again he might be right?

But the people who know better are the ones guilty of underselling products in the past, glossed over by record sales last year. Which is equally as bad.

So perhaps it is no wonder King didn't particularly want to listen to them? 😂

Nobody could transform the club overnight. Like every business mistakes will be made and some people will get upset and faces will change. Some staff leave because they are not up to the job and some staff leave because they are actually good and get other opportunities.

alexccfc99

Just comes across as someone else who seems to have prominence in the local area and thinks they are gods gift to everybody else

Sky Blue Pete

Is this still going ?

Jesus , nothing GIMOC has said has any credibility other than hearsay and a few people with their knickers in a bunch

So King wants to " micromanage " or does he want to see every facet of HIS business and how it is functioning and how it could be improved?

If we ever want to be a Premier League club it will be because things are done professionally, and if that means previous incumbents of roles are replaced then so be it

It's not like we've been a shining beacon of how to run a football club over the past decade is it
Not bad over the last 5 from league 2 to play off final for the premier league
You stop the bad but keep what’s worked

djr8369

Exactly. We’ve all seen a colleague whinge about being micromanaged when the reality is they’ve just been checked up on and are being overly sensitive.

If MR was really frustrated that’s a different issue but it probably amounts to him thinking Overson or someone was treated a bit harshly and immediately forgotten about it. I doubt he’s crying into his cornflake because Dougie was a bit short with a few people but who knows.

It’s all so vague that it feels like it’s probably inconsequential.

David O'Day

The club was run like a shambles though, do you remember seemingly had to sell a CB to keep lights on while we were basically letting people into the boxes for less than a general on the day ticket.

On field success does not mean we were well run, they fact that we had that success while being so badly run is another feather in MR cap

GIMOC

Any chance of getting a reply @GIMOC?

Doing a great job of ignoring the replies that put you on the spot.
It’s called have some decency. who knows it may all come out sooner than I think.

very naive to suggest I can just put on here everything I hear and see

Ccfcisparks

Are you joking? The off the field running has been abysmal the last 5 years, and the reason we are where we are is down to Robins, the coaching staff and the playing staff only.

Sky Blue Pete

Are you joking? The off the field running has been abysmal the last 5 years, and the reason where we are is down to Robins, the coaching staff and the playing staff only.
I love that that’s the mantra
I’m sure if I was part of a successful business and had played a key role in it whilst not being perfect I would feel I could take some credit
There’s a lot of good as well as a lot of bad you saying it’s all robins is just bollox as I’m sure robins would repeat

Ccfcisparks

I’m sure if I was part of a successful business and had played a key role in it whilst not being perfect I would feel I could take some credit
There’s a lot of good as well as a lot of bad you saying it’s all robins is just bollox as I’m sure robins would repeat
This bootlicking of the previous board is ridiculous from a "representitive"

In the last 5 years we have had issues with the pitch most seasons.

David O'Day

Don't be daft, CCFC as a business were not successful

Ccfcisparks

It’s not all been rubbish off the field. That’s how king has presented it and I don’t think that’s fair
Lots of mistakes and errors but not everything
Tell me Pete, what behind the scenes has been an overwhelming positive in the last 5 years that the board can be pleased with?

Sky Blue Pete

This bootlicking of the previous board is ridiculous from a "representitive"

In the last 5 years we have had issues with the pitch most seasons.
Who’s bootlicking
Some stuff bad some stuff good
Selling Hyam on the cheap and saying it wasn’t very bad
Lack of commercial awareness bad
Pitch debacle bad

David O'Day

It’s not all been rubbish off the field. That’s how king has presented it and I don’t think that’s fair
Lots of mistakes and errors but not everything
we had to flog a cb for under market rates to keep the lights on

let's not rewrite history and pretend the club hasn't been poorly run

Users who are viewing this thread