SISU Statement - Article From Sky Sports (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Tbf, I don't read much into the council blocking attempts to develop the stadium. It is a perception rather than anything backed by evidence. Would like it to be true but it does feel a bit of stretch. SISU as a fairly litigious lot will know that a planning authority can only use its powers to apply planning laws, it can't just make shit up.

skybluetony176

They have called their bluff offering to drop the legals.

We have already seen the council try to block the butts.

Why so scared for the council to say "let's do it?"

They’ve offered themselves an out by “offering” to drop the legals with conditions. The council calling SISU’s bluff on that is letting the legals run their course.

She doesn’t say BPA she says CCFC’s own stadium. Why would you believe for one minute that she’s got any intentions on seeing a new stadium through.

For someone who pats themselves on the back thinking they’re clever for claiming other parties are playing games you’re very keen to take a ticket for this dance again. RFC will be back next.

letsallsingtogether

They’ve offered themselves an out by “offering” to drop the legals with conditions. The council calling SISU’s bluff on that is letting the legals run their course.

She doesn’t say BPA she says CCFC’s own stadium. Why would you believe for one minute that she’s got any intentions on seeing a new stadium through.

For someone who pats themselves on the back thinking they’re clever for claiming other parties are playing games you’re very keen to take a ticket for this dance again. RFC will be back next.
Because the rest of us follow people blindly and are stupid.......
Remind you of anyone? ;)

skybluetony176

Tbf, I don't read much into the council blocking attempts to develop the stadium. It is a perception rather than anything backed by evidence. Would like it to be true but it does feel a bit of stretch. SISU as a fairly litigious lot will know that a planning authority can only use its powers to apply planning laws, it can't just make shit up.

The council also don’t have the final say. They don’t need the council to agree to anything to drop the legals and get planning through on a new stadium. Hell, the council could back it to the hilt and a local residents group could oppose it all the way to central government and it never gets passed. What happens then? SISU restart JR2? Maybe they’ll start JR3 against the government? Maybe they’ll sue the local residents?

Nick

Administrator

I haven't said anything about the bpa now.

The council have already said they would be prepared to help ccfc with things if the legals are dropped.

Why would you not want discussions to get underway at least? See how it goes?

If she has no intention, the council will have tried to help ccfc wouldn't they? Good pr for them.

I take the ticket for the ccfc dance every week sadly enough. ;)

skybluetony176

I haven't said anything about the bpa now.

The council have already said they would be prepared to help ccfc with things if the legals are dropped.

Why would you not want discussions to get underway at least? See how it goes?

If she has no intention, the council will have tried to help ccfc wouldn't they? Good pr for them.

I take the ticket for the ccfc dance every week sadly enough. ;)

They can’t oppose planning because SISU are attempting and failing to sue them. They don’t even have the final say in the planning process.

She’s game playing. Again.

Nick

Administrator
They can’t oppose planning because SISU are attempting and failing to sue them. They don’t even have the final say in the planning process.

She’s game playing. Again.

Who has said anything about opposing planning?

They can use authority and lean on people though to make things awkward.

What is there to be lost if they say "come down on Monday, let's talk about it"?

That's why their reply will be interesting.

olderskyblue

Well, I suspected that when the statement arrived, it would be long winded with lots of stuff to make them look good. The SISU PR has been in full swing for weeks, it's been so obvious, and embarrassing.... ;)

And, as much as I would like to see a response from other parties proving the bullshit in it, I would prefer that doesn't happen.

Just use this as an opportunity to try to secure CCFC's future. If they are offering to drop the legals (and not start any more?) then centre any discussions on that. Rather than knocking the ball back into anyone's court, get together and explore it more. If it turns into BS, then i'm sure we will all hear about it, and can make our minds up about who's fault it is/was then.

skybluetony176

Who has said anything about opposing planning?

They can use authority and lean on people though to make things awkward.

What is there to be lost if they say "come down on Monday, let's talk about it"?

That's why their reply will be interesting.

Why do SISU have to drop the legals to go ahead with a stadium? Can’t they continue the legals and pursue a stadium? Who are they putting conditions on exactly if not themselves?

Nick

Administrator
Why do SISU have to drop the legals to go ahead with a stadium? Can’t they continue the legals and pursue a stadium? Who are they putting conditions on exactly if not themselves?

They don't have to drop them to go ahead with it do they.

They are saying what the council have kept saying "drop the legals and we will help". If they have been saying they will drop the legals in return for a bit of help then who's bullshitting?

Its simple, the council say "let's talk for the good of ccfc" and see where it goes. That's what the council have been publicly asking for.

There's been an "olive branch" given but ignored.

Nobody is saying the council should build a stadium for sisu or anything silly. Just explore to see what happens, even more so if the legals get dropped.

What's to lose?

chiefdave

But why is it embarrassing just pushing what they believe, no differant to you.
No different? Nick is on here under his own name giving his own opinion. The people he is referring to claim to be representatives of the fans and have multiple anonymous accounts to attack anyone who dares disagree with them. Not quite the same thing in my book.

chiefdave

Are people really going to fall for this SISU want to build a new ground nonsense again?
Nobody has to fall for anything. What do we lose by pushing the council to go with this?

If it's bollocks it will quickly unravel and SISU will look even more ridiculous than they usually do.

In the unlikely event it isn't bollocks we might finally move things forward.

Its a no lose situation.

Nick

Administrator
Nobody has to fall for anything. What do we lose by pushing the council to go with this?

If it's bollocks it will quickly unravel and SISU will look even more ridiculous than they usually do.

Its a no lose situation.
The council will also look the goodies trying to help ccfc.

chiefdave

Before SISU took over. They are laying some blame on events that happened prior to their ownership but all that says to me is they did not do due diligence properly.
That's not really news. Seppala admitted that in her interview with Reid years back.

ccfctommy

What about the King's Hill area just near Stoneleigh? That is in Warwick District Council, but adjacent to the CCC boundary, and they are planning on building 1500 houses there. Could include a stadium. There is also the Warwickshire Gateway site between the A45 and the airport - this is in Warwick District too, and a massive area of development ...

Lol why do people keep going on about this? There's not gunna be a new stadium!

skybluetony176

They don't have to drop them to go ahead with it do they.

They are saying what the council have kept saying "drop the legals and we will help". If they have been saying they will drop the legals in return for a bit of help then who's bullshitting?

Its simple, the council say "let's talk for the good of ccfc" and see where it goes. That's what the council have been publicly asking for.

There's been an "olive branch" given but ignored.

Nobody is saying the council should build a stadium for sisu or anything silly. Just explore to see what happens, even more so if the legals get dropped.

What's to lose?

What olive branch? She offered to drop the legals if the council help her do something she can do anyway and if she can get an interim deal at the Ricoh which we already know is possible if she drops the legals? Are you really not seeing what an empty load of nonsense this is?

shmmeee

It is no differant to you nick you must have written 100s of anti trust replies on multiple threads and accusing these people of not having CCFC at heart why else would they bother if they didn't.
Well I know Dave quite well and he only has CCFC at heart, just sees the situation differently to you

This is it. It’s the reverse of the “Nicks a Sisu plant” shit. When it’s him it’s obviously ridiculous when it’s someone else it’s an obvious conspiracy.

Look in this thread at how people are reacting to a letter that says exactly nothing we didn’t know and just goes “blame the council”. If that was reversed you know the thread would be full of posts about how “idiots push the PR”.

We’re all just fans! There are no conspiracies, it’s just a giant clusterfuck and no one has all the pieces of the jigsaw.

skybluetony176

Its a no lose situation.

To do what? She doesn’t need to drop the legals to push ahead with a new stadium.

letsallsingtogether

So you're saying he makes things up to tell the press?

No when did he say this how long ago is he not allowed to change his mind, he is a CCFC supporter some things are harder to do then say.
Come on Nick bangs on all day trying to get people to change their minds.

Nick

Administrator
What olive branch? She offered to drop the legals if the council help her do something she can do anyway and if she can get an interim deal at the Ricoh which we already know is possible if she drops the legals? Are you really not seeing what an empty load of nonsense this is?
So they will get support and a deal at the ricoh with the legals?

I'm not saying a stadium is going to appear, im saying it's a means to start communication at least.

The council have said publicly if legals are dropped then help will be given for things (their words). Sisu are saying they will drop the legals if help is given but there's been no dialogue about it.

Obviously if they rock up and sisu demand the council plan, build and pay for it then it's silly.

The council themselves have made that suggestion, sisu are also saying they have tried to take them up on it and not heard anything. (There will be more to it, which is why I said about the council response)

chiefdave

To do what? She doesn’t need to drop the legals to push ahead with a new stadium.
Surely people aren't really that stupid to not understand what is being asked. Of course if its as easy as you say then absolutely no reason for the council not to agree.

Johnnythespider

I was wondering if OSB58 could shed any light on this as i was under the impression that sisu could use the tax losses for their own benefit. This states only the club can benefit from these losses, how so ?

"There have been some myths about tax losses, and SISU would like to clarify that only the Club can ever benefit from the tax losses it has generated in the past."

Nick

Administrator
This is it. It’s the reverse of the “Nicks a Sisu plant” shit. When it’s him it’s obviously ridiculous when it’s someone else it’s an obvious conspiracy.

Look in this thread at how people are reacting to a letter that says exactly nothing we didn’t know and just goes “blame the council”. If that was reversed you know the thread would be full of posts about how “idiots push the PR”.

We’re all just fans! There are no conspiracies, it’s just a giant clusterfuck and no one has all the pieces of the jigsaw.

Ah the conspiracy line again ha.

Its interesting you try and compare me as if I'm actually a sisu employee, ex sisu boss or actually have any basis for it ;)

I post day in day out and go to as many games as physically possible and would regardless of who owns us. I'd renew my season ticket tomorrow if it was announced wasps, Tommy Robinson and Ann Lucas had taken us over or if it was just the same one year deal as we had this year and the same again.

I have made a point of not knowing or wanting to know anybody involved.

You don't have any basis for it other than the " don't look at this, look at that" approach. Back it up with comparisons at least.

The "sisu apologists" line doesn't work, especially when it's only really rolled out by people who give it the "nobody else has done anything wrong" line.

letsallsingtogether

Surely people aren't really that stupid to not understand what is being asked. Of course if its as easy as you say then absolutely no reason for the council not to agree.
Or is it she needs to drop them due to the cost and knowing she cant win?
I mean they went from a plush office block to a smaller one in an older building and now are above a restaurant if the new address given is correct!

So by putting it in everyone else's court she is saving face?
Dont get me wrong I want it to be true fed up with all this shit just want to support the team in peace.

skybluetony176

So they will get support and a deal at the ricoh with the legals?

On a deal at the Ricoh no but we know that anyway same as we know that Wasps will negotiate a deal if the legals are dropped.

Why don’t SISU call the councils bluff and try start the process of developing a stadium (as that’s supposed to be plan A anyway, again) to give the council something to support? Or not.

shmmeee

The council needs to agree, but really not sure what they can do.

I haven’t read the local plan, but I’d expect housing to take up a lot of any development space that size. Would they be asked to nix a housing development for a third local stadium in the middle of a housing crisis?

Would they offer land? The council generally offers long leases rather than sell freeholds, are they asking for another tenant/landlord situation? Really?

As has been said they can’t offer changes to planning law. Infrastructure work maybe? That’s the most likely thing I can see. In the middle of austerity asking for cash to help a hedge fund is a tough sell.

shmmeee

4123811E-31E2-4429-B139-F394CBB904EB.jpeg

(Your image insert thing is annoying as hell on mobile and always inserts the image at the top)

Are you not claiming that there is some level of secret planning between groups going on? Specifically fans groups and CCC.

That’s the dictionary definition of conspiracy.

This is not proven, so it’s a theory.

It’s a conspiracy theory.

That’s not a pejorative. That’s just what it is.

Ah the conspiracy line again ha.

Its interesting you try and compare me as if I'm actually a sisu employee, ex sisu boss or actually have any basis for it ;)

I post day in day out and go to as many games as physically possible and would regardless of who owns us.

I have made a point of not knowing or wanting to know anybody involved.

You don't have any basis for it other than the " don't look at this, look at that" approach. Back it up with comparisons at least.

And dude! My entire point was that you’re not that. That it’s ridiculous and that we’re all just retards playing guessing games. We can debate the facts and likely outcomes without the McCarthyism.

Nick

Administrator
The council needs to agree, but really not sure what they can do.

I haven’t read the local plan, but I’d expect housing to take up a lot of any development space that size. Would they be asked to nix a housing development for a third local stadium in the middle of a housing crisis?

Would they offer land? The council generally offers long leases rather than sell freeholds, are they asking for another tenant/landlord situation? Really?

As has been said they can’t offer changes to planning law. Infrastructure work maybe? That’s the most likely thing I can see. In the middle of austerity asking for cash to help a hedge fund is a tough sell.

Obviously it has to be within their powers and legal. That's why they need to say "we will do what is within our power where we can".

Have sisu even asked for cash? That's why they need to discuss it between them surely?

Nick

Administrator
View attachment 11736

(Your image insert thing is annoying as hell on mobile and always inserts the image at the top)

Are you not claiming that there is some level of secret planning between groups going on? Specifically fans groups and CCC.

That’s the dictionary definition of conspiracy.

This is not proven, so it’s a theory.

It’s a conspiracy theory.

That’s not a pejorative. That’s just what it is.
Has it not been proven multiple times over the years?

Users who are viewing this thread