SISU Statement - Article From Sky Sports (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

I want to believe.

I just cant think of anywhere in Cov they can build a stadium?
Lots of sites on the outskirts but all within Warwickshire, loads of land up by me but none of it in Coventry.

Wont be holding my breath just yet, funny how they waited untill the 11th hour before the big meeting tomorrow.

Should be an easy decision for wasps drop legals play at the Ricoh as asked.
Dont honestly know if the council can help if no land is available, unless they Sisu after funding?

Suppose the only viable option is a ground share developement at the Butts but that would need CRFC on board.

Captain Dart

Are there any Facebook groups that this isn’t true for? Jesus the Labour forum is an absolute sewer.
I've heard the ERG whatsapp group is mostly in very polite Latin. :cigar:
(sorry couldn't resist)

Nick

Administrator
Name the fans. Name what “PR” they’re pushing.

You’re just assuming everyone who disagrees with you must be doing it for conspiratorial reasons and not just that different people see things differently.

Show me evidence that these fans have the intentions you claim. Otherwise it’s just you saying shit. Nothing proven.

Jimmy hill way for starters, sorry to bring him into it but your dad as well. Add to that the bloke on the trust board. The telegraph.

That's before the fake accounts made ;)

Lots of people disagree with me, I don't say it about the massive majority of them.

Why have I been proven right multiple times when I call it?

Can you really not see how obvious it has been? Its embarrassing.

luwalla

I like the fact that SISU have issued this open statement. Whilst nothing was coming from SISU all we could do was guess what the situation was and usually blame SISU for ALL of our ills.
Ive been calling for SISU to issue some response and now they have, I have developed some sympathy and a greater understanding of what theyve been up against.
Seems to me that they have been well and truely shafted by our very own Coventry Council who took it upon themselves to wage a personal vendetta against SISU and in turn CCFC.
Ive always had the opinion that the worst and most heinous crime amongst all that has happened was selling the Ricoh to the Wasps. I despise the council for this and in turn despise the interlopers from London too!

Yep agreed... the council / higgs have a pretty much free run for years & able to say what they want and throw the 'Big Bad SISU' line at everything, as SISU just never commented. Now they have broken that & gone right back to pre-ricoh with their uncoverings.

Its both very telling , and pretty much what i thought.

Dont get me wrong, SISU have done a lot wrong, but they are investment company / not football people! and they certainly didnt help themselves throwing timmy F out with his spin on things , making everything worse.. but i truly believe thos that damaged the club the most are the council & higgs , and it seems it was all pretty carefully planned too.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Nick

Administrator
That’s the sort of thing I’m on about. Hadn’t seen that, thank you.

That’s not on and we should be making a noise about it. If CRFC are happy to lease to us then they should be allowed to (assuming it’s OK with police, etc).

A specific action we can request, and it only took eleventy billion and two requests. See Nick? not hard.
I assumed you knew? Hence I kept mentioning the butts.

Sorry I thought you would be clued up rather then blindly telling me I'm wrong to defend them.

shmmeee

Jimmy hill way for starters, sorry to bring him into it but your dad as well. Add to that the bloke on the trust board. The telegraph.

Lots of people disagree with me, I don't say it about the massive majority of them.

No that’s fine. I’ve spoken about Dad before and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been posting shit. As I’ve said, I’ve directly asked about a conspiracy and am happy with the answer. He could be lying to me, I’ve yet to see proof.

People hating Sisu isn’t the same as people secretly pushing PR though. The case you’ve made is there’s a conspiracy between fans and the council to get new owners in. I’ve yet to see proof of that.

Nick

Administrator
No that’s fine. I’ve spoken about Dad before and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been posting shit. As I’ve said, I’ve directly asked about a conspiracy and am happy with the answer. He could be lying to me, I’ve yet to see proof.

People hating Sisu isn’t the same as people secretly pushing PR though. The case you’ve made is there’s a conspiracy between fans and the council to get new owners in. I’ve yet to see proof of that.
Lots of people hate sisu, I don't say it about all of them, far from it. Particular ones at particular times.

letsallsingtogether

Wow so 3 people.
But why is it embarrassing just pushing what they believe, no differant to you.

Nick

Administrator
Wow so 3 people.
But why is it embarrassing just pushing what they believe, no differant to you.
12,000 word articles, trying to get in the media with things they have made up or have no clue about, trying to make their own twitter network to mislead.

I'm sorry you have to hear your mates have agendas other than ccfc.

I'm sure there will be more ;)

Captain Dart

I'm with Otis (which is worrying). SISU/CCFC need to be saying where the site(s) is/are and formally approach the Council. They can't expect to say 'find us a site' as it presupposes they haven't looked for a viable option. If they mean what they have stated, they need to follow up with some visible next steps to show that this is not merely a political/tactical/theoretical positioning with no real substance with regards to a new stadium (and yes, we have been shafted, but we need to get over that - think Sunderland and the Bristol City game)
Well the EFL regs. say specifically that the EFL must be notified at the earliest possible opportunity about any new stadium proposals.

So if there has been any surely SISU can trust the EFL to assess that the sites are realistic, verify there has been some negotiation with the site owners to purchase whilst keeping the locations strictly confidential. If they can make a statement covering those bases I would be more inclined to believe SISU.

skybluetony176

Are people really going to fall for this SISU want to build a new ground nonsense again? It was only a few weeks ago that plan A was always stay at the Ricoh and now we’re back onto a Plan A build a new ground again. Anyone buying this is either extremely gullible or have very short memories. We’ve been here before. Yet again it’s SISU doing the same things expecting different results.

Nick

Administrator
Are people really going to fall for this SISU want to build a new ground nonsense again? It was only a few weeks ago that plan A was always stay at the Ricoh and now we’re back onto a Plan A build a new ground again. Anyone buying this is either extremely gullible or have very short memories. We’ve been here before. Yet again it’s SISU doing the same things expecting different results.

Not a single person is planning their seat.

This is where the council call their bluff, which is what is being said.....

skybluetony176

Not a single person is planning their seat.

This is where the council call their bluff, which is what is being said.....

Which like I said. Doing the same things expecting different results. Aren’t you tired of expecting everyone else to call SISU’s bluff yet? I don’t think it’s too much to expect them to play with a straight bat instead of going around and around in the same circles going it’s alright, it’s up to everyone else to call their bluff. Being a CCFC fan really shouldn’t be that difficult. Why you continually give them a pass by insisting that it’s up to everyone else to call them out is beyond me. You’re willing to complicate the relationship of a fan with their club for a hedge fund and that’s completely baffling.

Nick

Administrator
Which like I said. Doing the same things expecting different results. Aren’t you tired of expecting everyone else to call SISU’s bluff yet? I don’t think it’s too much to expect them to play with a straight bat instead of going around and around in the same circles going it’s alright, it’s up to everyone else to call their bluff. Being a CCFC fan really shouldn’t be that difficult. Why you continually give them a pass by insisting that it’s up to everyone else to call them out is beyond me. You’re willing to complicate the relationship of a fan with their club for a hedge fund and that’s completely baffling.

Who is giving them a pass? I want them to be called out.

Its not be worried about ccc calling their bluff. It would certainly clear a few things up.

Why are you trying to preach about a relationship between a fan and their club?

letsallsingtogether

12,000 word articles, trying to get in the media with things they have made up or have no clue about, trying to make their own twitter network to mislead.

I'm sorry you have to hear your mates have agendas other than ccfc.

I'm sure there will be more ;)
It is no differant to you nick you must have written 100s of anti trust replies on multiple threads and accusing these people of not having CCFC at heart why else would they bother if they didn't.
Well I know Dave quite well and he only has CCFC at heart, just sees the situation differently to you

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The Ricoh is far too big for Wasps. How many times do they fill it, bearing in mind they are a top premiership side ?
If they are going to stay around they should build a smaller 20,000 stadium and hand over the Ricoh to us. I'm sure the council could help.

Reactions: vow

skybluetony176

Who is giving them a pass? I want them to be called out.

Its not be worried about ccc calling their bluff. It would certainly clear a few things up.

Why are you trying to preach about a relationship between a fan and their club?

That’s giving them a pass.

Why don’t you expect SISU to call CCC’s bluff by finding some land and putting plans in? Again. A pass.

fernandopartridge

I've hinted that I thought this was the case for a long time:

The Higgs Charity had previously provided a loan to the Club in order to finance player acquisitions. During the 2000/01 season, the Charity called in the loan early, which was not due for repayment until 2003. The Club was unable to repay, and so were forced to give up their share in ACL (and consequently any access to their match-day revenues) to pay off the loan. The Club’s Board noted in their Board meeting minutes on 3 December 2003 that they were unable to afford legal advice at this time, despite both ACL and the Council each using teams of advisors.

Nick

Administrator
It is no differant to you nick you must have written 100s of anti trust replies on multiple threads and accusing these people of not having CCFC at heart why else would they bother if they didn't.
Well I know Dave quite well and he only has CCFC at heart, just sees the situation differently to you

Maybe knowing him blinds your judgment then? The same as when I had to point out to you who from the trust was boycotting and who was behind the twitter accounts?

He has ccfc at heart but didn't go to games for a completely made up reason that didn't exist?

letsallsingtogether

The Jimmy Hills Way account has even less credibility than Joy Seppala.
Wouldn't know I dont read it just wait for it to be posted on here.
Be nice if Joy actually had an account though.

Nick

Administrator
That’s giving them a pass.

Why don’t you expect SISU to call CCC’s bluff by finding some land and putting plans in? Again. A pass.

They have called their bluff offering to drop the legals.

We have already seen the council try to block the butts.

Why so scared for the council to say "let's do it?"

4waspsting

Will the council fund the project as SISU are in no state to fund a PIE SHOP... wasps must be thinking why dont they put the money in the Ricoh for half ownership

Captain Dart

I was surprised that the Higgs “charity” had loaned the club money to buy players.
Before SISU took over. They are laying some blame on events that happened prior to their ownership but all that says to me is they did not do due diligence properly.

letsallsingtogether

Maybe knowing him blinds your judgment then? The same as when I had to point out to you who from the trust was boycotting and who was behind the twitter accounts?

He has ccfc at heart but didn't go to games for a completely made up reason that didn't exist?
Funny how some those you pointed out were boycotting have been going up Dave sat with us last night, and your other mate was there on Friday, he was holding up the banner.

Nick

Administrator
Funny how some those you pointed out were boycotting have been going up Dave sat with us last night, and your other mate was there on Friday, he was holding up the banner.
So he was lying in an interview then? Strange.

Need to make up minds about these morals ;)

Users who are viewing this thread