SISU Paid Up yet???? (1 Viewer)

RFC

Fucking hooray. So they paid something they tried their best not to pay. They paid it at the latest time possible. Well done you bunch of wankers SISU.

Their actions have stopped my dad from ever seeing us play again. And there will be many more. Yet some idiots like yourself look for stupid reasons to make out that they have done something good. Fuck them. I have had enough of their bullshit. Carry on swallowing it if you want. But you can keep your own bullshit to yourself also. You know fuck all and have proved so many times.

You my friend need to calm down and be a little more objective and tolerant.

Please do not abuse and insult me! This is a Forum of opinions & views and although mine may differ from yours, you do not have to be so obnoxious or rude.

I know what I know and just because you don't like it you question it! You don't know what I know and I wouldn't share it ALL with you (or anyone else, for that matter).

HELP! HELP! HELP!

Astute

Sorry but how do you know that?

Some of us had already worked out that they still had full control of the money. Check out recent posts.

Try reading between the lines on what they say instead of believing them. You might have a clue what is going on then.

Rusty Trombone

Coventry City Football Club can confirm that they have today forwarded payment to the Football League as required following the decision of the Board on the 7th August.
Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...ation-140814-1828973.aspx#Df4C5eWzOCoOFo4u.99

A statement that is at odds with what Fisher told the London Supporters Club, he told them that the money was already with the Football League, in fact they had paid more than £470k to the FL, so they should be due some money back.

So either the Q&A is wrong, despite being checked by all concerned, or Fisher was telling lies.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/q__a_with_tim_fisher_837393/index.shtml

Astute

Please do not abuse and insult me! This is a Forum of opinions & views and although mine may differ from yours, you do not have to be so obnoxious or rude.

I know what I know and just because you don't like it you question it! You don't know what I know and I wouldn't share it ALL with you (or anyone else, for that matter).

You know more than me? How can I know less than fuck all?

Insult you?

You have been proved to constantl' bullshit on here. I called you a bullshitter. Stop the bullshit and you won't get called it.

RFC

Some of us had already worked out that they still had full control of the money. Check out recent posts.

Try reading between the lines on what they say instead of believing them. You might have a clue what is going on then.

And you do have a clue LOL!

skybluetony176

HELP! HELP! HELP!

You know what you know, lol. Tell us the one about the smoking gun again. Or should that be smoke screen. You know nothing. HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!

RFC

You know more than me? How can I know less than fuck all?

Insult you?

You have been proved to constantl' bullshit on here. I called you a bullshitter. Stop the bullshit and you won't get called it.

You continue to insult, boy you are sad.

I feel sorry for you.

Maybe you need help?

RFC

You know what you know, lol. Tell us the one about the smoking gun again. Or should that be smoke screen. You know nothing. HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!

YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION AND I'M ENTITLED TO MINE.

What happens in the future will determined who's right!

Enjoy a pleasant evening and chill-out.

Rusty Trombone

The annoyance with you though RFC, is that you don't state opinion you state what you say is fact, then you can't back it up.

This has been mentioned many many times so can't come as a surprise to you.

skybluetony176

What's happened in the past already has determined who's right. According to the JR you're wrong. HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!

skybluefred

With the greatest respect Nick the money was always going to be paid, it was the amount that was in dispute (will say once again that an amount exceeding what was being demanded was held in an 'escrow' account all along).

More than one group playing a game of brinkmanship here me thinks.

Anyway still be back at the Ricoh (temporarily) in 3 to 4 weeks I think! LOL

"You think" well that will be a first. Help.

BackRoomRummermill

The fact here is that the money has been paid, no one knows when but they had to pay it anyway so why is there a big deal that they should have paid it earlier? When you receive a bill for a CC it normally says pay by date, you don't get brownie points if you pay it earlier . So why is such a big deal being placed on the fact of when it was paid????????

Chez78

I am happy the club has fulfilled its commitment and paid in time. I am happy the club does not face another points penalty.

Is it a step nearer a return though?
I believe there has been negotiations on going for some time - 2 or 3 weeks. If talks are ongoing and if FL takes part then it makes sense the money was paid to them as 'making a point of showing good faith and trustworthiness'.
If talks are on going, then the deadline is tomorrow - as that is the appeal deadline. If no agreement, I believe sisu will appeal. Is a deal struck, then sisu will abstain from further litigation (as part of the deal).

Now ACL is financial secure for at least another year (season), I think they may be a bit more confident and less hungry to strike a deal.

I am speculating, so maybe there are no talks and sisu will appeal tomorrow and we will play another season in Northampton?

Do you not think posting this sensible opinion as your first post rather than the couple snipes might have been the better route. For what it's it worth I'm with u on the no deal will be done, I actually think the hope our current owners have been throwing out there was purely a sales push for season tickets.

Astute

You continue to insult, boy you are sad.

I feel sorry for you.

Maybe you need help?

You are right. I am a bit sad. But the reason for this is fuck all to do with you.

Feel sorry for me? It is about time you grew up.

Whatever they do next it will be too late for some people. And there is nothing that can be done. And when we are trying to sort out our emotions and feelings we have idiots like you making stupid comments and praising the wankers for doing what they have.

skybluefred

The fact here is that the money has been paid, no one knows when but they had to pay it anyway so why is there a big deal that they should have paid it earlier? When you receive a bill for a CC it normally says pay by date, you don't get brownie points if you pay it earlier . So why is such a big deal being placed on the fact of when it was paid????????

Its called trying to broker favour from the people you are going to be begging for a return to the Ricoh.

skybluetony176

You're talking about a party that has been kidding fans on that they want the club back on a temporary deal. If this were true, seeing as ACL have sighted this outstanding payment as a barrier to negotiations beginning you'd have thought that they'd be in a hurry to pay it. I'm more convinced now than ever that no talks have taken place on a return. I don't expect them to drop the appeal either. I honestly believe that I have more interest in becoming a Aston Villa fan than they have in returning our club home. I don't see us back at the Ricoh this season. This barrier came down at the last possible moment and then only because their arm was forced.

It's about time the minority see this. Go to shitfields if you feel that's what you feel you have to do. But tell TF and the rest of Joys puppets how it's wrong.

Last edited:

Hobo

How about sorting their own clanger out, putting a wheel back on, clearing the path for serious negotiations and getting us back to the Ricoh?

No they are keeping us in Northampton.

Kingokings204

We will know more tomorrow if whether sisu will appeal or not.

I actually think they will appeal and we are no nearer a return home. I just still don't know what they hope to achieve by staying at sixfields. It achieves nothing.

I heard Adrian Durham and Ray parlour mention us on talksport earlier around 5.30pm and Adrian Durham slated the FL and stuck up for us fans that don't go and says he doesn't blame us. He says about how we were such a proud club that is a premiership team to many still and he watched the game last night and to see us playing at a "building site" with no supporters and playing god awful he genuinely felt sorry for us and wasn't a dick for once.

I actually like Adrian Durham and he was very sympathetic and spoke truth. He says we would stay away but how has the FL let is get to this. The football league are the problem not sisu. Sisu have been allowed to be the problem IMO.

RoboCCFC90

Except that we now know that wasn't true all along don't we?

The money was being held in a Sisu controlled account, not an escrow account. Hence why the money today had to be transferred to the FL.

Once again we wasn't told the truth.

But the money was placed into an escrow account as the Football League confirmed are you stating that both parties were untruthful?!

RoboCCFC90

I have just read this thread and some of the posts are pathetic quite honestly. Who cares when they paid as long as they paid it within the timeframe set?

The money was in an escrow account as confirmed by the Football League, for those who are not familiar with escrow accounts these are a temporary pass through accounts held by a third party during the process of a transaction, so I would say in this instance the Football League being the Third Party and the Club has moved the funds over to ACL.

Now that these funds have been paid we really must hope Sisu don't do the right thing.. If they choose not to go through with the Appeal we could be back at the Ricoh for the Barnsley fixture.. As I don't personally think it will take long to thrash out a deal.

Please Sisu do the right thing now, drop the appeal, listen to the Clubs customer base and #bringCityhome

bigfatronssba

But the money was placed into an escrow account as the Football League confirmed are you stating that both parties were untruthful?!

Well someone is telling porkies somewhere. The club statement says that yesterday they transferred money to the FL. So either that statement is false or the original one was.

Both statements can't be true as they contradict each other.

RoboCCFC90

Well someone is telling porkies somewhere. The club statement says that yesterday they transferred money to the FL. So either that statement is false or the original one was.

Both statements can't be true as they contradict each other.

It's not that it's wrong or incorrect, I am sure OSB will correct me if I am wrong however the escrow account holding the £470,000+ payment was only being held by the Football League, I am not sure they had access to it as such, hence the reason why CCFC would have had to transfer the funds to the Football League, I prefer that the Football League are involved in this, it mediates the situation to some degree.

Hobo

The escrow account was with SISU solicitors, hence payment forwarded today statement. They were the third party not the FL.

RoboCCFC90

The escrow account was with SISU solicitors, hence payment forwarded today statement. They were the third party not the FL.

Even if that was the case it doesn't matter the money has been paid on time, to argue it isn't is a way of trying to find another stick to beat Sisu with.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Even if that was the case it doesn't matter the money has been paid on time, to argue it isn't is a way of trying to find another stick to beat Sisu with.

Paid on time....?
In the context of the FL mandate.. I'd agree... in the interest of the football club.. and its stakeholders.... hardly?

Hobo

I wouldn't class it as another stick? Same old practices Robbo....king power has said what I feel ....it doesn't show the desire to negotiate and get a quick return.

bigfatronssba

You might well be right. However the fact that once again there is confusion over what is actually the truth and what isn't does matter a great deal.

How can we trust them when everything they say is shrouded in mystery and double speak? Why can't anything with them be straightforward and open?

Hobo

Further legal action? Could they not have made a statement at the same time, they must know what their decision is?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
As I understand it. Otium was required to put aside £600k in an account to pay unsecured creditors - this was part of the conditions of gaining the FL share. There is nothing official (other than TF comments and we know that they can be contradictory at best don't we) that says that money was deposited with the FL up until yesterday. I would expect there was an agreement for the money to be placed in a separate clients account at the solicitors acting for SISU/Otium. What that means is that the Otium solicitors (and therefore SISU) controlled when if and how much was paid from that account. The money was then transferred yesterday to the FL, not sure why it wasn't paid directly to ACL - it would be the same banking process surely. Technically the transfer yesterday did not comply with FL statement issued last week where the FL stated

“This sum should be paid to ACL by August 14, 2014.”

Does paying to FL not ACL mean the possibility of legal action by SISU against the FL I wonder? - who knows I suppose it is still an option and may delay payment to ACL. Assuming the transfer made electronically and by the quickest method of clearance the FL should make immediate payment to ACL today. Legal action might stop that however but SISU/Otium can say they have paid it out - just not paid it to ACL

I would have thought it made sense for the original £600k to be held by the SISU lawyers as (a) the administration/liquidation not complete (b) it stops the FL just paying it all out for an easy life (c) it creates time delays (a common theme in this saga) (d) technically leaves the money as SISU/Otiums until the matter decided (e) puts some pressure on the FL to make a decision in favour of its member (f) can be portrayed as the complying with the rules by both SISU and the FL whilst things sorted out

As to how much paid then it seems that it is agreed by FL & ACL lawyers that the £300k has nothing to do with the amount due from Otium under the FL share agreement. Therefore notions that former directors should be reimbursed from it are fanciful and not compliant with insolvency law. The effect on the administration of the directors guarantees is against the whole of the creditor at administration not one specific one that didnt actually exist March 2013. Quite why there is a deduction of administration/liquidation fees post FL share agreement has never been properly explained as far as I can see - not sure why that's right but that's what has been agreed. Cant help thinking that is a FL fudge so that they can say they have not entirely sided against one of its members, but I assume there is a valid reason?

That said I suspect that ACL didn't actually expect or budget to receive any money from this FL share agreement so anything they do get will be a welcome extra. Certainly wont be the reason why ACL continues to trade as some seem to imply.

definition of an Escrow account
An escrow account is a temporary pass through account held by a third party during the process of a transaction between two parties. This is a temporary account as it operates until the completion of a transaction process, which is implemented after all the conditions between the buyer and the seller are settled.

there can be additional terms agreed as in the CCFC/ACL escrow account whereby CCFC had to keep it topped up but ACL had a right of draw down if bills not paid. I would think who holds the account would be set out in any agreement between the parties (ie FL & SISU/Otium)

Think we are discussing technicalities to be honest. SISU held the original money at its solicitors - they have now paid the FL what the FL decided was due - it is now up to the FL to make payment at the earliest possible time to ACL. Not sure why there were delays but then delays are par for the course in this dispute

I would guess there are still a lot of lawyers letters flying around over this and the FL is still under a lot of pressure. Unless this matter is brought to a conclusion then such pressure will not go away and the football creditors rule is under scrutiny still - the FL can not afford that to continue.

The next issue after the payment is settled is the FL seeing clear irrefutable evidence of a new ground - that was a term in the share agreement too wasn't it? - lack of real progress could have serious ramifications for both Club and FL

Last edited:

James Smith

HELP! HELP! HELP!

If you make a statement that purports to be or that you know facts, it really HELPS! your credibility to be able to cite a source. I could claim that Sisu have bought the Emirates stadium in London and bought every available seat on trains heading into and back from London on a match day to get all of our supporters to and from games. I would expect some scrutiny of this of course and also expect ridicule if it turned out not to be true. It isn't true and we haven't done any of that but I could still claim it is - and without any proof that's all it is, a claim made by me. I could claim to know the location of the land that Sisu have bought and that building work will be commencing within the hour.

If I could back that claim up then it would be the biggest scoop in a while, sadly I can't as I don't know if they've done anything more than Tim looking in a field for Badger droppings - and was that ever confirmed to be to do with the new stadium? If I say OEG had working capital in the last accounts of -5,285,056 pounds I can back that up by using a quote from the accounts https://www.duedil.com/company/07612487/otium-entertainment-group-limited/financials

If you're privvy to information in advance then lucky you. If disclosing this information is likely to hold up our return to Coventry then for the love of any deity you do or don't believe in don't post it or mention it. You are entitled to your opinion and no one is stopping you from having or posting that opinion on here. However making claims is another matter and if you make one ideally you should be able to provide some evidence to back it up. If you can't because you were told in confidence it might be better if you just don't disclose it which will mean you avoid the ridicule from other posters.

For your information I have looked at your claims that your posts have been deleted or edited (www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/47288-Appeal-Decision?p=742237&viewfull=1#post742237) by someone other than you. To repeat: If someone edits a post, even if it's you then the software will show this on your post at the bottom left (like this one does). This isn't something that Nick or the moderators can hide or alter and if we do it it will show up the same as anyone else. If a post is deleted Nick and the moderators can see that as well and can restore a post if needed. I have yet to find a post that you say has been deleted.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

I too have been told things in private that I do not post on here, I also know that I am not the only one.
By the way I don't believe it all but time will tell.

olderskyblue

I too have been told things in private that I do not post on here, I also know that I am not the only one.
By the way I don't believe it all but time will tell.

C'mon LAST, spill the beans. I mean, it's not as though anyone knows who you really are...... ;)

RoboCCFC90

Paid on time....?
In the context of the FL mandate.. I'd agree... in the interest of the football club.. and its stakeholders.... hardly?

I'd agree with that, however it's been paid that's most important. It's a step to getting back home in my view.

Users who are viewing this thread