SISU Paid Up yet???? (2 Viewers)

Monners

Well, that's the easy bit out of the way. Any of changing the litigatoin strategy? Rhetorical in the extreme!

skyblueinBaku

no doubt we'd have to wait till the next football league meeting to find out, of course the smart thing would have been to decide the punishment last time so it pressures payment but the football league dont do the smart thing.

They not only don't do the smart thing, they don't seem to do much at all.

James Smith

unless ACL make another excuse

I hope ACL don't stoop to the Sisu level and do anything as stupid as that.

Funny thing is I support the right of Sisu to appeal but I hope to blazes that they don't.

chiefdave

Why have they paid it to the Football League? I thought they were supposed to be paying ACL?

In fact weren't we told the money was in escrow with the FL weeks ago, why is nothing straightforward and transparent!

How many other clubs are run so badly they have to issue statements on their website to say they've paid a bill.

Godiva

Delighted to be proved wrong - excellent news.

Yes, good news. The stadium management company must surely be financially safe the next year or two.

Sky Blue Dal

How many other clubs are run so badly they have to issue statements on their website to say they've paid a bill.

Its a joke isn't it. It like my company sending its customers an email announcement everytime they have paid the bills.

This is not the way a football club should be run.

"The (FL) Board determined that the Club should pay ACL the sum of £471,192, with the £81,643 reduction being a proportion of the additional costs incurred. This sum should be paid to ACL by 14 August 2014."

Just a small thought, why have the FL got the money?

LB87ccfc

Good News, now,dont SISU have until tomorrow to lodge an appeal against the court case, if they fail to do this, their is absolutely nothing stopping negotiations, and quite simply a meeting should be set up early next week with lawyers present to push through a fair and achievable rental agreement with 50% + of any other revenues the club can tap into on a match day ( other contract agreements pending of course).

Nick

Administrator
Why have they paid it to the Football League? I thought they were supposed to be paying ACL?

In fact weren't we told the money was in escrow with the FL weeks ago, why is nothing straightforward and transparent!

To be fair, it's probably because other clubs fans aren't as bothered so they don't need to.

LB87ccfc

Its a joke isn't it. It like my company sending its customers an email announcement everytime they have paid the bills.

This is not the way a football club should be run.

Comon guys, they are only being transparent for once to the fans, that they have made the payments instead of keeping everyone guessing.

This is a positive step in the right direction.

LB87ccfc

a court forced them to pay they didn't do it out of the kindness of there hearts.

Because they thought the payment was incorrect so they wanted to ensure it was water tight before making the payment itself.

They won the argument with the FL who deemed £471K was the actual amount owed and have now paid it.

Step in the right direction so lets see what happens now..

Sky Blue Dal

Yes, good news. The stadium management company must surely be financially safe the next year or two.

Yes .. also would be even better with CCFC playing there with a reasonable rent and options to fairly buy out contracts which will enable CCFC to make a profit on the revenues from each match, and on top of that they get matchday sponsorship deals too.

Last edited:

chiefdave

They won the argument with the FL who deemed £471K was the actual amount owed and have now paid it.

Not sure how they won when their argument was that the £300K paid by GR / MM should be knocked off the bill and that hasn't happened. Is that another example of them battering people with their amazing legal prowess?

Sub

Because they thought the payment was incorrect so they wanted to ensure it was water tight before making the payment itself.

Step in the right direction so lets see what happens now..

Is this the account that SISU and the FL said that they had paid the money into already and was in control of the FL ? and now they say they have just paid it to the FL ? am I missing something here or is the FL be diplomatic with the truth as well ?

Godiva

Will ACL announce that they have received the money and immediately repaid the £300.000 to McGinnity/Robinson?

Nick

Administrator
Ah so they don't pay and people moan and they do pay and people moan. I see how that works.

Come tomorrow abd the appeal the barriers are gone for talks. :)

Sky Blue Dal

Ah so they don't pay and people moan and they do pay and people moan. I see how that works.

Come tomorrow abd the appeal the barriers are gone for talks. :)

I suppose if they paid the rent on time then people wouldn't have moaned.. but anyway they have finally done the right thing so lets move forward and hope they do the right thing tomorrow and then the days after.

Last edited:

chiefdave

Its not the paying that people moan about its the stupid games. They have left it until the last possible second with no reason. As usual there's also a lack of clarity, SISU have been saying for weeks the money is in escrow with the FL. The FL ruling was SISU to pay ACL yet we have a statement saying they have today paid the money to the FL.

lapsed_skyblue

"Will ACL reimburse McGinty and co?" was asked...

SISU only paid a portion of the debt (27p in the £?). The guarantors made a contribution to the balance of the unrecovered debt which is what guarantors do. So, I doubt that they have any rights to a refund.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Its not the paying that people moan about its the stupid games. They have left it until the last possible second with no reason. As usual there's also a lack of clarity, SISU have been saying for weeks the money is in escrow with the FL. The FL ruling was SISU to pay ACL yet we have a statement saying they have today paid the money to the FL.

Yes but it's paid isn't it, within the time frame set last week? Who really cares what bank account it was from as long as it's paid and there no chance of points deduction etc? Haven't they complied with what the fl said?

Gosford Green

Why leave it to the last minute ? Why not pay last week and drop the appeal and get around the table ASAP ?

The Cardiff game was probably the lowest point in the clubs history. Live on TV in front of about 800 silent `home`fans the club has to return as a matter of urgency.

letsallsingtogether

Yes but it's paid isn't it, within the time frame set last week? Who really cares what bank account it was from as long as it's paid and there no chance of points deduction etc? Haven't they complied with what the fl said?
Well it won't be from my bank account my overdraft wouldn't stretch that far, maybe someone like Grendel has that much could use his :)

Chez78

Can't see what all the fuss is about, they've paid and informed the fans they've paid. No point reduction and the first barrier in negotiations down, yes they could of paid it earlier but are we genuinely surprised they didn't??.

At the end of the day I'm happy it's been paid and we haven't had another point deduction simples

Users who are viewing this thread