SISU out banners at the Ricoh...... (4 Viewers)

chiefdave

They are projected at losing millions this year and also can't get close to
Promotion in a division below us.

Their budget for this year is a 7 figure loss but the rumours down here are they are way over budget. Their business plan also relies on them getting promotion this year which is highly unlikely.

There's an increasing number of fans wanting the club to be put up for sale as they aren't happy with the way it is being run.

Oh and the fans own less than 50% so not really fan owned.

labrax

Their budget for this year is a 7 figure loss but the rumours down here are they are way over budget. Their business plan also relies on them getting promotion this year which is highly unlikely.

There's an increasing number of fans wanting the club to be put up for sale as they aren't happy with the way it is being run.

Oh and the fans own less than 50% so not really fan owned.

Not sure where you're getting this information from! It is of course completely wrong and very misleading. We're a league 2 club, that is debt free after paying off the legacy debts recently, we own our stadium and average 15k every home game. We are totally fan owned, it's just some them invested more money than others, that's all. If only the playing side could match the success we've off the field we'd be top of that league now. As for wage budgets that couldn't happen because the FL sanctions have only just been lifted after 2yrs

Coventry like most cites does have people with all sorts of skills and quite capable of running a club if given the chance. I believe your supporters will need to unite, find some common cause before you can rid yourselves of this cancer. Good luck!

Last edited:

chiefdave

Not sure where you're getting this information from! It of course completely wrong and very misleading. We're a league 2 club, that is debt free after paying off the legacy debts recently, we own our own stadium and average 15k every home game. We are totally fan owned, it just some them invested more money than others, that's all. If only the playing side could match the success we've off the field we'd be top of that league now. As for wage budgets that couldn't happen because the FL sanctions have only just been lifted after 2yrs

Coventry like most cites does have people with all sorts of skills and quite capable of running a club if given the chance. I believe your supporters will need to unite, find some common cause before you can rid yourselves of this cancer. Good luck!

The part about the fans is from people in my office and mates and they seem pretty much unanimous so are either very unrepresentative of the fan base or there is actually dissenting voices. A look at Pompey forums and the Portsmouth News comments section would indicate they are not the only people who think like that.

The part about the state of the finances is from a source very close to the club (on the non PST side), someone I consider to be reliable as things they have told me before have turned out to be correct.

The part about the business plan is from the business plan which PST allowed prospective 'shareholders' to see upon request.

Bit that's not really the point of this thread, the point was being made that we could 'do a Portsmouth', with average attendance virtually double the next highest and a financial plan that allows a 7 figure loss Pompey are really struggling. Lets face it they should be head and shoulders above the rest of L2 with their resources. The point being they aren't exactly a glowing example of what fans want from a football team.

Not a slight on Pompey fans, exactly the same would happen here. A first season where everyone was riding high as we 'owned' the club and by the second season there would be calls to get the cheque book out and complaints if we aren't top of the league.

labrax

The part about the fans is from people in my office and mates and they seem pretty much unanimous so are either very unrepresentative of the fan base or there is actually dissenting voices. A look at Pompey forums and the Portsmouth News comments section would indicate they are not the only people who think like that.

The part about the state of the finances is from a source very close to the club (on the non PST side), someone I consider to be reliable as things they have told me before have turned out to be correct.

The part about the business plan is from the business plan which PST allowed prospective 'shareholders' to see upon request.

Bit that's not really the point of this thread, the point was being made that we could 'do a Portsmouth', with average attendance virtually double the next highest and a financial plan that allows a 7 figure loss Pompey are really struggling. Lets face it they should be head and shoulders above the rest of L2 with their resources. The point being they aren't exactly a glowing example of what fans want from a football team.

Not a slight on Pompey fans, exactly the same would happen here. A first season where everyone was riding high as we 'owned' the club and by the second season there would be calls to get the cheque book out and complaints if we aren't top of the league.

Well I'm quite close to the PST and that's not really the truth of the matter. But I take your point Dave and won't hijack the thread and bore you death with our whatevers. we do agree though, the problem all clubs face especially clubs like ours, is what represents success and what should fan expectation be? We are certainly struggling in this area.

J

Jack Griffin

Who has managed great things?

There is a difference between a "can do" attitude and a "can do" skillset though isn't there?

That's why you need not concern yourself. :p <----- smiley to communicate that I am joking, same technique as you like to use.

bigfatronssba

Those areas perhaps, but in Cov I would doubt it. We can't muster a decent following now, let alone down god knows how many leagues - and, it won't be Coventry City people will be watching. If we can't get people to watch the product now, why would them come to see a phoenix club?

Christ, the only times I think we've ever sold out since HR is a QF FA cup game against a quality prem team; a piss pot trophy area final with the only prospect we've had to go to wembly in almost 30 years, and a on-off return to our "home". Can't see many glory hunters wanting a bit of the action.

I really hope there's never the opportunity for either of us to be proved right.

What other games since HR would you expect us, or any team to sell out for? The games you have listed are the only significant ones. In that time period how many other clubs with large grounds have sold out a meaningless game?

Anyway, you missed out the first 2 games at the Ricoh.

Users who are viewing this thread