SISU out banners at the Ricoh...... (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Can anyone tell me the regulations regarding the maximum size of banner allowed before fire regulations gives our friendly stewards the excuse to (try and ) rip it out of my hands? ......or is it simply a matter of what is written on it ?

I suppose what I want to know is this : have the stewards the right to remove any banner for any reason whatsoever (ie...because they can) or must they refer to a particular aspect of legislation - fire/ health and safety etc.

After watching city since 1975 I need to make my feelings known. I cannot stand to see my club sink lower and lower without doing something, however pointless it may seem to some. My club is on the verge of relegation to the 4th division of English football and I cannot sit quietly over that possibliity.

For me the Chesterfield game marks the likely end of my patience.

Nick

Administrator
Get requirements in writing from the club and adhere to them, make it hard for them to have a reason

chiefdave

Look up the ground regulations on the website, it's in there somewhere. It's pretty easy to get a certificate, just ring or pop down to your local fire station and they'll help you out. Most places just need to witness you spraying it with a flame retardant coating and they'll give you the certificate.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Me and my daughter were thinking of making one. Everyone should take one. Why is no one at the match demonstrating/chanting against SISU ? Is it because we're back at the Ricoh and we should be grateful ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We thought of a big skull and crossbones and "SISU OUT" across it in red. Excellent.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Get requirements in writing from the club and adhere to them, make it hard for them to have a reason

...which reminds me - do Coventry City have an address any more ? Is it Ryton ?

bigfatronssba

As is said on here, get a fire certificate and bring it with you, along with a copy of the ground regulations.

When displaying the banner make sure it doesn't block anyone's view or any advertising boards. Also try and remain seated.

If a steward comes over to question you ensure that a friend films the conversation, but make sure the camera does not record any of the actual game.

rupert_bear

Sums up the desperate situation we are in doesn't it, the prospect of a peaceful demonstration brings concern on how it is received by our owners. I think the banner/banners would be removed, forcibly if needs be. What it really needs is a decent sized like minded group to get tickets as close to the directors box as possible and voice opinions loud and clear and without any obsceneties remember banning orders can happen and would be imposed for anyone arrested, you don't have to be charged just a caution would do.

lapsed_skyblue

If, say, nine people each took an A3 card in and held them up together to form a message how long before they were confiscated...

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Sums up the desperate situation we are in doesn't it, the prospect of a peaceful demonstration brings concern on how it is received by our owners. I think the banner/banners would be removed, forcibly if needs be. What it really needs is a decent sized like minded group to get tickets as close to the directors box as possible and voice opinions loud and clear and without any obsceneties remember banning orders can happen and would be imposed for anyone arrested, you don't have to be charged just a caution would do.

You know, if the amount of preparation involved in certificates and worry about one's own legal position all for the sake of a banner means I have to give it too much thought then to hell with it. That's likely what the owners want . You are quite right, the best thing to do is to get vocal.

I remember Portsmouth fans offering a far more militant stance against their owners and eventually it worked.
I'm not advocating breaking the law but more needs to be done at matches than is. Our club is dying in front of us and I'm not prepared to watch politely from the stands.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If, say, nine people each took an A3 card in and held them up together to form a message how long before they were confiscated...

If we all took one piece of A3 paper with SISU OUT on it (rather like the demo at Arsenal) would they all be confiscated ? I doubt it .

rupert_bear

In my opinion planned demos never work it's off the cuff ones that have the biggest impact and difficult to handle, unfortunately I don't think we have the numbers attending matches now to have a decent impact. A third of the normal gate were happy to go regularly to Sixfields without much of a whimper, i accept that was their right to do so by the way. IMO what needs to happen is somehow convince Joy Sepalla her chosen pair of Tim Fisher and Steve Waggott are the wrong choices and need replacing and a change of policy and direction can be rewarding financially to her.

ecky

Look up the ground regulations on the website, it's in there somewhere. It's pretty easy to get a certificate, just ring or pop down to your local fire station and they'll help you out. Most places just need to witness you spraying it with a flame retardant coating and they'll give you the certificate.

So all the millions of wasps flags had fire certs and were flame retardant?:blue:

ecky

Me and my daughter were thinking of making one. Everyone should take one. Why is no one at the match demonstrating/chanting against SISU ? Is it because we're back at the Ricoh and we should be grateful ?

But for how long? the clowns running us could move to another town next season.

pusbccfc

Just get one made up and bring it along.

I doubt the stewards could give a toss anymore.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I simply don't care what they think. This is my club and they have it on a life support system with their finger on the off switch. It's as good as dead right now.

skybluepm2

We do need to step it up at home games. I'm so surprised there hasn't been a single 'SISU OUT'/'TIM FISHER WHAT A WANKER' chant since out return. Saying that, trying to get anyone in the Telegraph to open their mouths and sing is an effort in itself! Get the banners back and get the chanting back, what have we got to lose? We can hardly say it'll distract the players from winning a football match. They manage to fuck that up all by themselves.

Nick

Administrator
I think if you turn up with a bed sheet with some paint it is half hearted, people know full well they will be taken away for no fire certificate so it seems like it is just doing it for something to moan about when it is taken.

If you are going to do it, get the regulations, get the certificate and make sure it is all met. Then you will have a point if it is taken away.

SkyBlueRuffian

All we need is a thousand or so laminated A4 Red Paper and hand them out around the arena. RED CARD PROTEST plus loud and vocal chanting.

A peaceful (ish) protest.

Hobo

What if everyone took a red piece of A4 and sang red card for SISU.

Steve.B50

I think if you turn up with a bed sheet with some paint it is half hearted, people know full well they will be taken away for no fire certificate so it seems like it is just doing it for something to moan about when it is taken.

If you are going to do it, get the regulations, get the certificate and make sure it is all met. Then you will have a point if it is taken away.

Agree with you Nick, but it's difficult to get a one via fire regs at short notice.
Our club is almost dead and feel the fight is no longer inside the majority of fans, do we go out with a whimper or battle till the last man ( yes I watched ZULU yesterday)

Nick

Administrator
Surely it would be better if it was more organised and more people had them, all with fire regs ;)

letsallsingtogether

I have one ready in my car also have couple of wasps flags that were given me might just make one out of the two and see how it goes not sure I will take it today though.

Getting close to chucking it all in so might wait till I've had enough a ban will not matter then

PUSB Fuck Off Sisu

:blue:

christonabike

So say SISU go tomorrow? Who is going to fund the club, pay the wages and keep this loss making mess of a club going?
We need some one willing to take over with a plan and the money to inject some quality in the team and get us going in the right direction. After 12 years or more of decline It aint going to be cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread