SISU out banners at the Ricoh...... (1 Viewer)

People on here saying that it is better that the club die and a Phoenix club take its place are a joke.

Do people not realise that it would be almost impossible to start from scratch with no money and no ground. We really would be a Memorial Park club then.

If you can't see that Sisu are slowly killing the club then it is you that are the joke. They are the worst form of parasite, and we need them gone. I don't want the club to fold but the longer Sisu stay, the less the chance of a successful resurrection as the life slowly ebbs from our once great Club.

Other supporters from much smaller catchments have managed great things in similarly difficult circumstances. Why do you not believe the people of Coventry and Warwickshire are just as capable? There are plenty of people with a 'can do' attitude to make it happen, hopefully they will outweigh those with negative attitude.

Nick

Administrator
If you can't see that Sisu are slowly killing the club then it is you that are the joke. They are the worst form of parasite, and we need them gone. I don't want the club to fold but the longer Sisu stay, the less the chance of a successful resurrection as the life slowly ebbs from our once great Club.

Other supporters from much smaller catchments have managed great things in similarly difficult circumstances. Why do you not believe the people of Coventry and Warwickshire are just as capable? There are plenty of people with a 'can do' attitude to make it happen, hopefully they will outweigh those with negative attitude.

Who has managed great things?

There is a difference between a "can do" attitude and a "can do" skillset though isn't there?

skybluetony176

Who has managed great things?

There is a difference between a "can do" attitude and a "can do" skillset though isn't there?

AFC Wimbledon for one. Portsmouth fans managing to stop their club going out of existance is a great thing. FC United is quite impresive too. You should try watching that Dutch TV documentary. There's a link on here somewhere in a different thread.

AFC Wimbledon for one. Portsmouth fans managing to stop their club going out of existance is a great thing. FC United is quite impresive too. You should try watching that Dutch TV documentary. There's a link on here somewhere in a different thread.

Thread I started on 28-10-2014

Nick

Administrator
So it's a hope rather than a fact then?

Who will head it all up and do the day to day stuff?

Which local fans have the skillset / funds to run a football club?

I'm not getting into a discussion on names as it is not helpful to future success and contrary to the anonymity that features on this forum. I know the skillsets exist and that funds can be raised if an opportunity arises. The biggest factor will be whether CCFC supporters have the enthusiasm to get behind decent leadership at the right time.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not getting into a discussion on names as it is not helpful to future success and contrary to the anonymity that features on this forum. I know the skillsets exist and that funds can be raised if an opportunity arises. The biggest factor will be whether CCFC supporters have the enthusiasm to get behind decent leadership at the right time.

So is it all confirmed and in place? The fans can take us over and run us in league one?

Where will we play? How will the club make money?

letsallsingtogether

So it's a hope rather than a fact then?

Who will head it all up and do the day to day stuff?
Always a negative reaction from you so we must be the only club whose supporters don't have any experience in running a business.
Come on Nick give the city fans some credit.
I'm sure even you mates torch or grendel could do it.

Nick

Administrator
Always a negative reaction from you so we must be the only club whose supporters don't have any experience in running a business.
Come on Nick give the city fans some credit.
I'm sure even you mates torch or grendel could do it.

It isn't negative, it is asking questions to find out more information. The same as I did when Michael did that rental bid and got shot down.

I wasn't asking about experience of running a business, there are no doubt loads of city fans who run a good business. I said Football Club ;)

Grendel

What makes you think that we dont have people in our fan base capable of doing whats happened at Portsmouth?

They are projected at losing millions this year and also can't get close to
Promotion in a division below us.

I'm jealous.

RegTheDonk

You need both and those people exist in this area.

Those areas perhaps, but in Cov I would doubt it. We can't muster a decent following now, let alone down god knows how many leagues - and, it won't be Coventry City people will be watching. If we can't get people to watch the product now, why would them come to see a phoenix club?

Christ, the only times I think we've ever sold out since HR is a QF FA cup game against a quality prem team; a piss pot trophy area final with the only prospect we've had to go to wembly in almost 30 years, and a on-off return to our "home". Can't see many glory hunters wanting a bit of the action.

I really hope there's never the opportunity for either of us to be proved right.

letsallsingtogether

It isn't negative, it is asking questions to find out more information. The same as I did when Michael did that rental bid and got shot down.

I wasn't asking about experience of running a business, there are no doubt loads of city fans who run a good business. I said Football Club ;)

So is it not a business then fuck me nick cant see anyone doing worse then the bag of shit running it now

Nick

Administrator
Those areas perhaps, but in Cov I would doubt it. We can't muster a decent following now, let alone down god knows how many leagues - and, it won't be Coventry City people will be watching. If we can't get people to watch the product now, why would them come to see a phoenix club?

Christ, the only times I think we've ever sold out is a QF FA cup game against a quality prem team; a piss pot trophy area final with the only prospect we've had to go to wembly in almost 30 years, and a on-off return to our "home". Can't see many glory hunters wanting a bit of the action.

I really hope there's never the opportunity for either of us to be proved right.

Sorry must have missed it, so it wouldn't be Coventry City? not that fussed who runs it then,. Probably some outlandish idea to start wasps FC or something and a sniff of ownership of something.

skybluetony176

They are projected at losing millions this year and also can't get close to
Promotion in a division below us.

I'm jealous.

Whereas we're losing millions and cant get get close to safety in this division.

This time next season you might actualy be jealous of them.

Is the debt from aquiring their stadium and doing long overdue maintenance to get it fully open?

Nick

Administrator
Whereas we're losing millions and cant get get close to safety in this division.

Is the debt from aquiring their stadium and doing long overdue maintenance to get it fully open?

surely if we couldnt get close to safety we would have been relegated by now and would be dead bottom of the league? Not being able to get close?

skybluetony176

surely if we couldnt get close to safety we would have been relegated by now and would be dead bottom of the league? Not being able to get close?

I'm no expert but I dont think the seasons finished yet. Well not in the literal sence.

Grendel

We won't go down and thru won't go up.

End of discussion

Grendel

and it would be much appreciated if Grendel took Sisu with him on the way out!

So Steve and his merry trust can waddle in?

Bring on the good times.

Perhaps they will relocate 85 miles away. Good business sense I'm led to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread