SISU Open Letter Reply to Council (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Also, did acl get paid the 800k or not from escrow?
Didn't they take it from the escrow and then also try to claim it from Robinson as he was somehow still the guarantor which would have seen them get the rent twice.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't they take it from the escrow and then also try to claim it from Robinson as he was somehow still the guarantor which would have seen them get the rent twice.
So ACL were actually paid 800k or so instead of 1.2m?

covmark

I post balance because no one else actually puts a modicum of thought into things.

I wish I wasn’t the only person not frothing at the mouth at the mention of them, but here I am. Someone with a working brain and a vague knowledge of council responsibilities.

Come into a thread about the city centre if you want to see me slating the Council. I just don’t think local authorities are there to put football clubs, especially overly litigious football clubs who have a track record of fucking people over, ahead of social care and the actual legal responsibilities they have.

I’ve got to say, so far when we’ve got past the initial ranty stage, I’ve generally been right at every turn. I remember Nick, Grendel, you and FP telling me years ago how the Council were going to be “found out” and how there was “smoking guns” when we got to court. So far, so much bullshit.

It’s OK though, you can keep being right about football ;)
Did you manage to keep a straight face when you wrote this?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Waiting for the rabid pro-Council posters to turn up....

Ian1779

So ACL were actually paid 800k or so instead of 1.2m?

IIRC the Escrow had to be in place so the funding was already in there. ACL simply pulled the rent from there. Not sure on the amount though - think it was just the 800K, but they did try that stunt.

Nick

Administrator
IIRC the Escrow had to be in place so the funding was already in there. ACL simply pulled the rent from there. Not sure on the amount though - think it was just the 800K, but they did try that stunt.

So it wasn't really a strike then as ACL did get the money? (Just not the full £1.2m)

Skybluefaz

I had a conversation just after he left the telegraph about what had gone on. He got shit on for not playing ball with council while at CET. Gilbert was installed into his seat before he had got out of the door.
Les Reid's stance was as far as I can see was that the best thing for the club was for sisu to gain ownership of the stadium. Immediately he became labelled pro sisu when I see it and always have as pro ccfc. We'd rather not have them in charge but the fact is, whoever is in charge, the best thing for the club would be that the club owns the stadium

eastwoodsdustman

Well, I just mean it's far too obvious. Surely they can see how obvious it is and wouldn't expect people to believe the "checking with lawyers" line.

Has it got to the point where people don't care about that any more?
Sadly people will see what the want to. That rag just fuels it.

chiefdave

Well, I just mean it's far too obvious. Surely they can see how obvious it is and wouldn't expect people to believe the "checking with lawyers" line.

Has it got to the point where people don't care about that any more?
And seemingly blocking people on twitter who ask why things are missing

Nick

Administrator
Sadly people will see what the want to. That rag just fuels it.

I just worry for people who only get their news from there. It's no wonder people are so misled and confused about things when you tell them.

Same as the bloke I used to talk to in the gym, just got his views from the Telegraph. People like him would have no idea about some of the stuff.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

So Ann Lucas was right when she said " hell will freeze over before we sell the Ricoh to SISU "

joemercersaces

Well, well, well!
It all used to be so straightforward, evil SISU, desperate to grab the Ricoh on the cheap and going on a rent strike to distress ACL so that they’d have to sell. I thought they took the club hostage when they went to Northampton so me and the lads never went.
Doesn’t look half so clear cut now!
If I’d known then what I know now I would have gone to Sixfields.
Council, Wasps, Knatchbull-Hughes all duplicitous bastards it seems. How they must have smirked with their Wasps mates at every ‘SISU Out’ chant or post.

Nick

Administrator
Well, well, well!
It all used to be so straightforward, evil SISU, desperate to grab the Ricoh on the cheap and going on a rent strike to distress ACL so that they’d have to sell. I thought they took the club hostage when they went to Northampton so me and the lads never went.
Doesn’t look half so clear cut now!
If I’d known then what I know now I would have gone to Sixfields.
Council, Wasps, Knatchbull-Hughes all duplicitous bastards it seems. How they must have smirked with their Wasps mates at every ‘SISU Out’ chant or post.

I think it got even more obvious when pwkh and his mates were starting rumors. The wasps bloke the other week was trying to encourage protests.

stay_up_skyblues

Very much an eye opening day and some very good points made in this thread. The “legals” and the decisions set down by the courts do obviously need to separated from these revelations. As has been well said, the process was to comment on specific legal points, but anyone reading with their own eyes should be able to determine the Council’s intentions and (lack of) genuine regard for the club. Add in the balatant PR/smear campaign(s) past and current, along with the financials in terms of rent etc. and their conduct really does stink. It doesn’t resolve SISU of any blame but certainly the hard evidence pins a massive responsibility on the authority and charity to get us here. And as for the rugby club...

Sad times as if anything I fear these developments distance us more from the likelihood of playing in Cov next season. However, this may go some way to some fans being a bit more open to a temporary groundshare within reason.

BigadamL

all sides appear to have been shity in the whole situation, but what actually started the poor relationship between SISU and the council? been that long and so much he said she said i have actually forgotten

Nick

Administrator
It makes all the emotional crap the council and pwkh put out when ccfc went to Northampton look a bit silly. They had been discussing buying a rugby club to move up here in the lead up to it.

SBAndy

Can somebody clarify the rent strike and when it was said to have started? I've seen people saying the rent strike meant ACL had to talk about wasps for the money but I'm sure that email was before.

Also, did acl get paid the 800k or not from escrow?

My understanding from previous Council quotes were that they were trying to claim the club hadn’t paid it because it came from the escrow account....conveniently ignoring it would have been the club that topped up the escrow account.

Nick

Administrator
My understanding from previous Council quotes were that they were trying to claim the club hadn’t paid it because it came from the escrow account....conveniently ignoring it would have been the club that topped up the escrow account.
As long as they got it though, how were they distressed?

eastwoodsdustman

I admire some of the posters on here who have changed their views following the recent disclosures and are big enough to admit that they are seeing the other side of things now.
I had a long time friend who fell out with me over it all as he was adamant that Sisu had caused all of the problems. It’s sad that the whole situation has caused this( I’m sure I’m not the only one) but the council have so much to answer for.

Gibbo

Has SISU got an eye on EFL with this new openness?
So, even if Council has not broken the law, they appear to have been underhand in their dealing with the clubs owners
So for example should we have to play at a sub-standard ground or one that is too distant from the city, EFL may take a more benign attitude
Or maybe SISUI have just cottoned on to the need for corporate PR

I stopped at page 4, so if this has been said already, I apologise

Users who are viewing this thread