SISU Open Letter Reply to Council (1 Viewer)

Winny the Bish

So to summarise:
- CCC admit they were in negotiations with SISU in bad faith / stalling
- ACL were looking to sell Ricoh to Wasps A YEAR before Northampton move
- Email records that Higgs were unlikely to ever sell to SISU

What have I missed?

Nick

Administrator
Anyway else starting to feel a little sympathy towards SISU? Just wish they had been this transparent years a go! They have probably taken an awful lot of undeserved slack!

Not really sympathy but you are right. If they had been so transparent then they might have had more public backing.

It seems now that Duggins keeps running to the press and they have managed to get documents via the legals to back things up.

oldfiver

So to summarise:
- CCC admit they were in negotiations with SISU in bad faith / stalling
- ACL were looking to sell Ricoh to Wasps A YEAR before Northampton move
- Email records that Higgs were unlikely to ever sell to SISU

What have I missed?

Italia?

chiefdave

Anyway else starting to feel a little sympathy towards SISU? Just wish they had been this transparent years a go! They have probably taken an awful lot of undeserved slack!
Who was it that said Wasps are just SISU with better PR. Looks pretty accurate right now.

Don't forget in one of the court cases it came out that there was a deliberate PR campaign to turn the fans against SISU. Didn't take much as people were already pissed off with them but if SISU had started defending themselves straight away would we be seeing a lot more pressure on Wasps and the council?

covmark

Not a lot of actual evidence in there, lots of heat, not much light.
giphy.gif

OffenhamSkyBlue

I'm not angry, I'm just very disappointed.
Well you may not be angry Robo, but i'm fucking fuming!!!

And one of the things that annoys me most is that the High Court didn't see it this way - there simply MUST be a legal technicality that allowed CCC to act in this way.

Nick

Administrator
Who was it that said Wasps are just SISU with better PR. Looks pretty accurate right now.

Don't forget in one of the court cases it came out that there was a deliberate PR campaign to turn the fans against SISU. Didn't take much as people were already pissed off with them but if SISU had started defending themselves straight away would we be seeing a lot more pressure on Wasps and the council?

It has been their method all along. Get everybody angry at SISU and then just point at them if there's any heat.

Duggins was trying trying it and scraped the barrel by quoting Jimmy Hill Way to back it up.

Nick

Administrator

And one of the things that annoys me most is that the High Court didn't see it this way - there simply MUST be a legal technicality that allowed CCC to act in this way.

The thing is, the high court were only judging on if things were state aid or not. It was particular points rather than judging on morals / snidey behaviour. The council have also tried to play on this to make out they have done nothing wrong, ever.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User

they aul brown envelopes were passed or ccc have pictures of the judges and solicitors banging hookers!

Briles

The thing is, the high court were only judging on if things were state aid or not. It was particular points rather than judging on morals / snidey behaviour. The council have also tried to play on this to make out they have done nothing wrong, ever.

Spot on. I've posted in the Fans forum on FB and people keep saying "well these emails obviously mean nothing as it was thrown out of court" Legally maybe, but shows the councils utter contempt for the club as well as their self preservational nature.

olderskyblue

Which does beg the question why didn't they?

Nick

Administrator
And the way the Editor of the CovTel sees it?? Still can't find a way to avoid sucking up to his CCC paymasters! Wanker!!!!

View attachment 11862

Interesting how the Telegraph have glossed over the fact about Wasps in 2012.

New statement from Sisu
A statement from Sky Blues owners Sisu has been released within the last few minutes.

Key points include the claim the club has identified a site for a new stadium in Coventry, a denial that a rent-strike ever took place, leading the the Sky Blues having relocate to Northampton, and the argument that a tenancy deal in its current form at the Ricoh leaves the football club without access to key revenues it needs in order to bring about success on the pitch.

We’ll be bringing analysis of today’s statement and any reactions that come in from key players and fans this afternoon.

Live: Save Our Sky Blues - Sisu issue fresh statement

Nick

Administrator
Spot on. I've posted in the Fans forum on FB and people keep saying "well these emails obviously mean nothing as it was thrown out of court" Legally maybe, but shows the councils utter contempt for the club as well as their self preservational nature.

Even Legally, they were only being judged on particular things. The judges weren't there to judge if somebody was being a c**t to CCFC, just if it was state aid or not.

I also remember it being mentioned SISU would use the legals to gather evidence, it looks now they are throwing emails out there like this it has done that as well.

OffenhamSkyBlue

So if SISU have got wind (pardon me!) that the JR appeals have failed in the Supreme Court, as this might suggest, would it be better PR for them to say "You know what, fuck it - let's see the colour of the council's money", before the decision of the Court was released???

chiefdave

there simply MUST be a legal technicality that allowed CCC to act in this way.
Thing that people miss is that judicial reviews are basically looking at legal technicalities. And often relating to areas of law that haven't been tested before.

You end up with strange situations like the Judge allowing SISUs appeal on the basis the previous judge had treated the sale of ACL and lease extension as two separate transactions and then the same judge hearing the appeal and throwing it out as SISU were claiming the sale of ACL and lease extension should be considered one transaction!

Nick

Administrator
I believe that speed is of the essence. CCC are not going to be able to keep their negotiations with Sisu running indefinitely, which currently is the only way we have to create sufficient time for us to work out the approach to the YB and for CCC to have the deal taken through the various steps needed within a local 3 authority

There are issues that have not been agreed or resolved however, I think that the first stage is to do all we can to help CCC to work out the best tactics and story to enable the most cost effective purchase of the debt

That email was from PWKH..

Snakey prick (you can tell your family of lawyers if you are reading this).

Paul Anthony

All seems pretty damning for the council. They've been getting a comparatively easy ride from some, but that has to change now, surely? They're in it up to their necks. It's not like this is someone throwing around unsubstantiated claims they can't back up, either. The evidence is right there.

eastwoodsdustman

I cant wait for the Trust's view on this lot now. They will have a massive choice to make which might blow them apart as surely they're aren't all going to toe the line.

Reactions: vow

Briles

Doing a sweepstake on how many "Council Out" protesters we will see in town over the coming days?.....

I'm going with a confident zero.

Nick

Administrator
I cant wait for the Trust's view on this lot now. They will have a massive choice to make which might blow them apart as surely they're aren't all going to toe the line.

The thing is, would it have got this far if particular sides haven't had an easy ride from people like the Trust? Obviously not saying it is their fault it's happened but if they didn't roll out for the council, wasps or ACL on demand to do their PR and questioned them would they have had it so easy for all these years to pull those stunts?

eastwoodsdustman

The thing is, would it have got this far if particular sides haven't had an easy ride from people like the Trust? Obviously not saying it is their fault it's happened but if they didn't roll out for the council, wasps or ACL on demand to do their PR and questioned them would they have had it so easy for all these years to pull those stunts?
I do wonder what the council have done or promised to get the trust eating out of their hand. Surely it would have to be something for them not to question anything thatt he council are doing.

Nick

Administrator
I do wonder what the council have done or promised to get the trust eating out of their hand. Surely it would have to be something for them not to question anything thatt he council are doing.

Maybe they can answer.

Or they can just hide behind accounts set up by one of their board members to claim anybody disagreeing works for sisu. (Even though companies house has said person listed as "Local Government Employee")

fernandopartridge

All seems pretty damning for the council. They've been getting a comparatively easy ride from some, but that has to change now, surely? They're in it up to their necks. It's not like this is someone throwing around unsubstantiated claims they can't back up, either. The evidence is right there.

No, it won't change. Some people are so entrenched and have committed so much political capital on the idea that Council = good and SISU = bad that they would never climb down, I'm looking at the useful idiots on the Trust, JHW etc.

Nick

Administrator
@CJ_covblaze will there be any mention of this? Even the Wasps stuff from 2012? Pair this with your board member acting as desperate as a granny in the Tudor Rose and JHW and how strange they have been. Do you see why people have been saying for years the Trust should be calling out all sides?

Please bear this in mind the next time somebody goes to the press or speaks to the telegraph to speak on behalf of fans.

Nick

Administrator
Butts Park Arena deal 'blocked'
The statement from Sisu also accuses the council of blocking a deal for them to play at Butts Park Arena, home of Coventry Rugby.

In May 2016, CCFC announced they were looking at a groundshare there.

Jon Sharp, chairman of the rugby club, later said he would “not deal with SISU”, and even later revealed the plans had been quashed by the cost of roadworks.

I guess the Telegraph have been briefed by the same people as the Council and the people who do the council's PR job on Twitter?

Do they forget that Jon Sharp submitted a proposal to the council that included a groundshare and the council confirmed it?

I wonder if they will publish any of the emails about Wasps in 2012. I'd love to see the call logs between the council, Trust, Wasps, Telegraph and Weber Shandwick today.

Expecting Duggins to be on at 4 to say "drop the legals" over and over as well as "we will work with sisu like we would anybody else".

chiefdave

The trust are hiring a bus as we speak to get everyone to stand round Duggins and give him a round of applause like they did the Wasps chap.

luwalla

If they have identified COUNCIL OWNED land and applied to the council to develop it for a stadium then I dont understand why they dont just declare the site, Its not like they will be disclosing it to other football clubs who could sneak in and steal it from them!

In fact it could have the opposite effect with public declaration... where , it could put public ( fan ) pressure on the the council to pull their finger out either approve it or at the very least prevent them selling it off for some other venture just to stop SISU getting it.

All of this is presuming that statement is truthful & there is a site.. AND its viable for a stadium of course.

Users who are viewing this thread