SISU handing tickets out to Northampton Fans :-/ (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
500 free tickets at the ricoh wouldn't amount to 25% of the gate though would it.

There are still the same amount of staff so why does it matter what the gate is? When we played crewe the free ones would have been a low % of the attendance?

Pubboy

There are still the same amount of staff so why does it matter what the gate is? When we played crewe the free ones would have been a low % of the attendance?

Are you really asking because you dont know, or trying to make a point?

Covkid1968#

Employing several thousand people in Northampton, wonder what company that is ?:thinking about: Good of them to allow a random employee to ask the whole workforce, about a trivial non work related question. They seem a very relaxed company have they got any vacancies?:D

Actually, this is true - I was just finsihing cobbling a pair of shoes together when I heard the tannoy announcement - just couldnt put my hammer down quick enough to clamber over the !000's of colleagues to respond to it. So .. Grappa can you shout it out again please? Oh, and can you also ask the person who keeps leaving the canteen toilet seat up to please stop

Godiva

500 free tickets at the ricoh wouldn't amount to 25% of the gate though would it.

The actual cost is the same.

But let's put another angle on it ...
What if sisu actually BUYS the tickets and hands them out for free (assuming they do)? Wouldn't it achieve a few positives:
1) The club secure its minimum budgeted income against the FFP calculation
2) A few 'locals' may actually want to come back for more entertaining football (I did say FEW) which could lead to a small Northamton following while we're there.
3) More bums in the seats provides a better atsmophere

shmmeee

I heard ACL gave out 'thousands' of free tickets for the legends game.

We could do this all day.

What have ACL got to do with this?

Several people from here and Northampton have been on here saying they've been offering free tickets to locals. It's hardly contraversial.

shmmeee

Not really, they would be giving them out to the same people, staff, players families, sponsors etc.

It is when the number of people at the game is about the only indicator of actual fan support for the move.

Pubboy

The actual cost is the same.

But let's put another angle on it ...
What if sisu actually BUYS the tickets and hands them out for free (assuming they do)? Wouldn't it achieve a few positives:
1) The club secure its minimum budgeted income against the FFP calculation
2) A few 'locals' may actually want to come back for more entertaining football (I did say FEW) which could lead to a small Northamton following while we're there.
3) More bums in the seats provides a better atsmophere

....and with more bums on seats, some of the stayaways may decide to drop their protest as other people seem to have. Result - better appearance, and more paying customers.

Grappa

What have ACL got to do with this?

Several people from here and Northampton have been on here saying they've been offering free tickets to locals. It's hardly contraversial.

I'm making the point that pretty much anyone can say pretty much anything on a messageboard. Is that okay with you? If you like I could PM you anything I want to post before I do and you can let me know whether it's worthy enough to submit.

Godiva

....and with more bums on seats, some of the stayaways may decide to drop their protest as other people seem to have. Result - better appearance, and more paying customers.

I think it's called marketing or something like that.

Godiva

Pubboy

But they were giving tickets away at the ricoh too?

I understand that, although this thread i believe was about tickets being given away outside of players families etc.. The motive however may be very different, and is certainly something i would do in Fisher's shoes to try to get people to believe the boycott was beginning to break.

Nick

Administrator
I understand that, although this thread i believe was about tickets being given away outside of players families etc.. The motive however may be very different, and is certainly something i would do in Fisher's shoes to try to get people to believe the boycott was beginning to break.

Again that is if it is true, are they just standing in the street handing them out?

Surely the only way to make people change their mind is results?

Godiva

Yeah, I would do that in his shoes (to give the impression the boycut is breaking up) ... but just not now. It's too early and not believable.
At this point in time I would give away tickets for the three reasons I gave in the earlier post - most important make sure the tickets were bought by sisu to secure the FFP budget.

theferret

They have always given tickets away 'outside of players familes'. Last season free tickets were easy to come by. People used to wander around Coventry University just handing them out. Hundreds of the free tickets available would go unused every week - in other words you couldn't give tickets away - in Coventry. The idea there are hordes of Northampton resisdents jumping up and down screaming for their free tickets to watch Coventry CIty is just a nonsense.

shmmeee

Again that is if it is true, are they just standing in the street handing them out?

Surely the only way to make people change their mind is results?

Again, it's very sad if you think that staying away is about results.

Not trying to be arsey, but have you ever taken a moral stand on something? It's fine if not and I can appreciate that, but I don't understand why you don't think that for many their football club is as close to religion as it gets and engenders the same feelings.

shmmeee

They have always given tickets away 'outside of players familes'. Last season free tickets were easy to come by. People used to wander around Coventry University just handing them out. Hundreds of the free tickets available would go unused every week - in other words you couldn't give tickets away - in Coventry. The idea there are hordes of Northampton resisdents jumping up and down screaming for their free tickets to watch Coventry CIty is just a nonsense.

If they are doing what's always been done in Cov with respect to free schools tickets, in Northampton, would you agree with it?

Nick

Administrator
Again, it's very sad if you think that staying away is about results.

Not trying to be arsey, but have you ever taken a moral stand on something? It's fine if not and I can appreciate that, but I don't understand why you don't think that for many their football club is as close to religion as it gets and engenders the same feelings.

I don't personally think it is about results, hence I used to sit in the rain watching us lose. It obviously does help a lot of city fans which is why we sold out against Crewe. It is common sense that more people will go if we are winning.

theferret

If they are doing what's always been done in Cov with respect to free schools tickets, in Northampton, would you agree with it?

The vast majority of tickets for schools went unclaimed when we played in Coventry. Why then would schools in Northampton take up the offer, especially when they have their own club who I am sure have a similar program in place?

And besides, asking me if I would agree with something that is not going to happen is just pointless. You might as well ask me if I would agree with the Government if they made it legal to shoot gypsies.

Grappa

I don't personally think it is about results, hence I used to sit in the rain watching us lose. It obviously does help a lot of city fans which is why we sold out against Crewe. It is common sense that more people will go if we are winning.

Yeah, but only the immoral people.

ecky

Just had my m8 on the phone who lives in Northampton with his family & tells me he knows a lot of NTFC fans have been offered free tickets to Sixfields on Sunday for CCFC - Preston...makes sense tbh I've heard since day before Bristol game fisher & co were doing this...

Talk about DESPERATE !!!

To all those who have paid or are going to pay at sixfields on sunday how does that make you feel knowing fisher is giving tickets away free to the locals?

More to the point this proves fisher is trying to disengage the real fans of cov and grab a new fan base in northampton, if anyone still thinks sisu is coming back to the
ricoh or building a new stadium then think again

i will be going to away games only along with all my mates

NOPM

kevinleftpeg

'The Tomorrow People' could attend the Ricoh & Sixfields at vitually same time without paying to get into either place.

Trivia corner alert -I sat next to 'Servalan' from 'Blakes 7' at Highfiled road once in the seventies when I was a kid. She was (is?) a huge Spurs fan!

NOPM!

Users who are viewing this thread