SISU handing tickets out to Northampton Fans :-/ (1 Viewer)

CarpyCov84

Just had my m8 on the phone who lives in Northampton with his family & tells me he knows a lot of NTFC fans have been offered free tickets to Sixfields on Sunday for CCFC - Preston...makes sense tbh I've heard since day before Bristol game fisher & co were doing this...

Talk about DESPERATE !!!

skybluetony176

if true, surely thats just another smack in the face to the sky blue fans who have paid for their tickets for sixfields whether that be season or for the one game.

if it is true?

CarpyCov84

I heard they were being handed out around Northampton town centre the day before Bristol game so it makes sense...

Preston have sold 150 up until Wednesay they think 400 at a push I can't see the gate being over 1200 but time will tell Sunday if the gate is higher than the figures suggest it to be

skybluetony176

mmm. again if true and if i was a season ticket holder i think i would be asking for a refund based on the fact they are giving away tickets for free. i would also raise my complaint with the league, not that they would take any notice either.

Grappa

I heard they were being handed out around Northampton town centre the day before Bristol game so it makes sense...

Preston have sold 150 up until Wednesay they think 400 at a push I can't see the gate being over 1200 but time will tell Sunday if the gate is higher than the figures suggest it to be

You're hilarious.

skyblueinBaku

It's no real surprise. I suspect that it will happen for every game at Sixfields. That way, TF can point to steadily increasing attendance figures and say that the Sixfields boycott is collapsing as he said it would.

simple_simon

Just had my m8 on the phone who lives in Northampton with his family & tells me he knows a lot of NTFC fans have been offered free tickets to Sixfields on Sunday for CCFC - Preston...makes sense tbh I've heard since day before Bristol game fisher & co were doing this...

Talk about DESPERATE !!!

My mates were going to go and stan on the hill against Bristol but were given 4 tickets in a pub in Northampton town centre at lunchtime.
Two went in out of curiosity and two stayed in pub lol

W

Grappa

I heard ACL gave out 'thousands' of free tickets for the legends game.

We could do this all day.

Grappa

They didn't offer a ticket to every single person in Northampton? Absolutely shocking!

He works with several thousand people and he put out a message on the tannoy asking if anyone had got a free ticket and nobody responded.

Is that any better?

Ashdown1

Just one free ticket to Northampton fans in Northampton constitutes a wrongdoing and an attempt to distort true supporter numbers !!

steveo1987

Talk about DESPERATE !!!

Prove it

skybluetony176

He works with several thousand people and he put out a message on the tannoy asking if anyone had got a free ticket and nobody responded.

Is that any better?

several thousand people in northampton work, now i know you're telling fibs ;)

Last edited:

Matty_CCFC

Regardless of what anyone says we all know the facts and probably know someone who was given free tickets against Bristol.
Over the weekend they will offer out 100s of free tickets as they must boost numbers but does not help that around 300 Coventry fans will still pay to get in and thats not helping us get our club back to Coventry.
To me those who pay to get in are just causing the issue to rumble on, they say "I want to support the lads" well thats bullshit as they are just paid players and will all move on one day. Our team is being killed and those who go are just helping to fuel than lingering death.

James Smith

Whilst there is a lack of proof it means that all these claims are just that, unverified claims.

Having said that, it is precisely what I'd do if I were in the same position.

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

Whether true or not - none on here will win or settle the argument.
One will say we'll see what the attendance via ticket-stubbs is, the other says half of them were given away. The one will say - we will be able to see from the submitted ticket sales data. The other will argue that SISU tradition is to not file them properly or even on time. One will argue it will be reflected as revenue under 3-monthly data submission under FFP rules, the other will argue SISU appear to be adept at shuffling money & numbers around to suit themselves, if not being adept at anything else.
And so it will continue.
I have come to the conclusion that all discussion around these topics are interesting - but pointless.

steveo1987

Whilst there is a lack of proof it means that all these claims are just that, unverified claims.

Having said that, it is precisely what I'd do if I were in the same position.

I assume handing out free tickets is standard procedure at football clubs.But then again I can't prove it.

jesus-wept

Do Tim Fisher and Steve Waggott just don Sky Blue Sam gear and wander about Northampton like the child catcher in Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang. Thinking about it though Waggott only needs a set of large ears and false trunk to look the part.

Houdi

Is that any better?
Employing several thousand people in Northampton, wonder what company that is ?:thinking about: Good of them to allow a random employee to ask the whole workforce, about a trivial non work related question. They seem a very relaxed company have they got any vacancies?:D

torchomatic

I haven't got any mates in Northampton. Come to think of it I haven't got any mates anywhere. But if I had I'm sure they would have been offered free tickets.

Grappa

Employing several thousand people in Northampton, wonder what company that is ?:thinking about: Good of them to allow a random employee to ask the whole workforce, about a trivial non work related question. They seem a very relaxed company have they got any vacancies?:D

He's the CEO.

Whoosh.

Nick

Administrator
Handing out 500 free tickets in an 11k crowd is a bit different to handing out 500 free tickets in a 2k crowd at sixfields.

Not really, they would be giving them out to the same people, staff, players families, sponsors etc.

Users who are viewing this thread