Simms (1 Viewer)

rob9872

I was just building my accumulator for tonight and noticed that it spelt out Simms:

Southampton
Ipswich
MK Dons
Mansfield
Stevenage

5/1 for the accumulator ... is it an omen?

If he starts, he scores. You read it here first ...

🎵 Simms will tear you apart again 🎵

junglej13

I was just building my accumulator for tonight and noticed that it spelt out Simms:

Southampton
Ipswich
MK Dons
Mansfield
Stevenage

5/1 for the accumulator ... is it an omen?

If he starts, he scores. You read it here first ...

🎵 Simms will tear you apart again 🎵
Think it says more for the chances of your acca!

Samo

I notice that if you use the second letters of each word it spells out OPKAT, which is only one letter away from TOPKAT... could this mean that the star of the popular 60's/70's TV cartoon show could be making an appearance at the stadium tonight?

Last edited:

Covcraig@bury

I notice that if you use the second letters of each word it spells out OPKAT, which is only one letter away from TOPKAT... could this mean that the star of the popular 60's/70's TV cartoon show could be making an appearance at the stadium tonight?
More like Barney 🤦‍♂️

rob9872

Acca was rubbish, but the stars aligned for that 30 yard screamer from Ellis, Ellis, Super Fookin Ellis!

MalcSB

Thought Simms was poor tonight okay got his tap in goal but what else did he contribute their centre-halves had the easiest second half ever, signing a striker this window is essential.
Having had the easiest first half as well.

Jamieb87ccfc

For me there is a good player in there, 7 in 17 last season shows there must be. At the moment he doesn’t run, doesn’t track back, doesn’t score and other players are noticing. O’Hare was constantly having a go at him. Think he needs a loan till the end of the season if we can bring someone in.

SeaSeeEffCee

Simms was barely in the game when he came on. I assume it’s what he’s being instructed to do but it’s incredibly frustrating how little he moves/puts defenders under pressure.

Mucca Mad Boys

I feel sorry for Godden and Simms - we just don't create any chances for them. We find a lot of joy down the flanks which is good, but we're finding joy down the middle.

SBAndy

He needs to start showing more aggression and desire. Feels reductive comparing him to Vik considering the price differential, but Vik would have been charging through at any given opportunity. Simms doesn’t quite do it enough. Doesn’t anticipate well.

Mucca Mad Boys

You have a point but what is Simms roll ? He doesn’t run,
That's pretty harsh, he does make runs. The one 'pass' directed to him today was a punt for him to chase down. Generally, we want to get the ball to his feet and find him the box and don't really do either. These kind of issues stem from the midfield, imo - and with reinforcements in that area I hope all our forward players are more productive.

shmmeee

That's pretty harsh, he does make runs. The one 'pass' directed to him today was a punt for him to chase down. Generally, we want to get the ball to his feet and find him the box and don't really do either. These kind of issues stem from the midfield, imo - and with reinforcements in that area I hope all our forward players are more productive.

I know were used to an absolute beast up front, but I do feel Simms loses out a lot more than you’d expect for someone of his pace and strength. He doesn’t seem to have the control to drive with the ball, or the strength to hold it or win it in the air, or the pace to chase balls in behind really.

Weirdly I think he’s looked the best in his brief cameos on the right hand side. But Saka has made that spot his now.

shmmeee

Maybe we could play with two tens and no striker? Is that a thing?

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Sheaf Eccles
Sakamoto O’Hare Palmer Wright

Terry Gibson's perm

Simms will be ok for us, he’s not had the best start here but there is a player there and he just needs a few decent chances to get going, Godden is finished his last bit of pace has gone and would be best off in league one with Fadz, kelly and unfortunately as my son loves him Jamie Allen

harvey098

I know were used to an absolute beast up front, but I do feel Simms loses out a lot more than you’d expect for someone of his pace and strength. He doesn’t seem to have the control to drive with the ball, or the strength to hold it or win it in the air, or the pace to chase balls in behind really.

Weirdly I think he’s looked the best in his brief cameos on the right hand side. But Saka has made that spot his now.

I would’ve agreed until the Leeds game where he actually showed strength, aggression and pace when he was up top on his own. It gives me hope that he does have those attributes admittedly it’s not been seen a lot.

harvey098

Good to see Simms get a goal. He has to start ahead of Godden.
I love Godden and he should be held as a modern legend at this club for getting us to the championship. His scoring record at this level is also fantastic and it’s amazing how he stepped up but he’s been way off his levels for about a month now and needs a rest.

Could be something as simple as the new baby / home life but whatever it is he needs a spell on the bench.

AFCCOVENTRY

I love Godden and he should be held as a modern legend at this club for getting us to the championship. His scoring record at this level is also fantastic and it’s amazing how he stepped up but he’s been way off his levels for about a month now and needs a rest.

Could be something as simple as the new baby / home life but whatever it is he needs a spell on the bench.

We’re evolving as a team and he’s played a big part in our journey. I can’t see him being here after this season.

Hertsccfc

For me there is a good player in there, 7 in 17 last season shows there must be. At the moment he doesn’t run, doesn’t track back, doesn’t score and other players are noticing. O’Hare was constantly having a go at him. Think he needs a loan till the end of the season if we can bring someone in.
I remember in one of the early games Sheaf getting really frustrated when Simms totally failed to challenge.

Looking towards the end you would have thought he was the one who had played the whole match not Wright given how little he did to challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread