Silence is deafening from TM (1 Viewer)

matesx

i imagine him not be in the best of moods over his corn flakes this morning

Moff

Maybe he is too busy doing his job at the training ground preparing for a game, rather than speaking to the press to appease all the fans losing the plot over the sale of a player.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, he only sold a few hours ago.

I am sure he will say something about it at some point. No doubt a generic "good luck to him etc etc"

Hobo

He eats Rice Crispies...Snap Crackle and Pop was making racket!!

albatross

TM must feel very let down at present so saying nothing is probably the best option.

He clearly understands players development and the importance of game time or else we would not be trusted with Adam Armstrong. He also clearly signposted to the owners what he viewed would be an acceptable compromise solution if Maddison were to be sold.

If we are successful and promoted we may hold onto JM and AA next season if both Norwich and Newcastle avoid the drop. If we don't go up and they come down well thats anyones guess.

TM quote

“The only scenario I could see for James Maddison is for someone to pay us the right amount of money and we get him back for two years on loan and invest the money.
“And yet, in an ideal world, he just stays here and plays football for the team. He wears the Sky Blues’ shirt, scores some goals and creates some stuff for the team and grows.
“If you sell James Maddison now for X amount of pounds, in two years time he might be worth ten times that amount. So it would be more frugal for me to keep him and let him play, let him enjoy his football and understand that some big clubs are only trying to nick him.”

aviles

The threads this morning are comical!! its 10:47 on a tuesday morning he will be doing his job when has he ever come out and done a press conference at 10:47 on a tuesday morning. Yes he will be gutted with the maddison sale as we all are. But im also sure sisu would not have gone behind TM's back. TM probably knew the deal was likely and probably funded the two signings we made.

Also we probably had the best deadline day in league one two very good players in no one out. Am i right in saying both of the top teams lost a player or 2.

Otis

Maybe he is too busy doing his job at the training ground preparing for a game, rather than speaking to the press to appease all the fans losing the plot over the sale of a player.
Or he is looking at free agents and loans.

ceetee

He knew it was a "tin-pot outfit" when he joined.

In that respect little has changed.

If the owners aren't putting money in, then money has to be earned.

torchomatic

Of course you would. Stick that on Twitter.

If I were him i would be weighing up my best exit strategy from this tin-pot outfit

ClarkeZ

Why would TM feel so let down?

This happened 12 hours ago to begin with.
And he has every player he had before the deadline to work with for the rest of the season. TM's goal this season is promotion, and he has a better chance now due to the defensive signings then he had before. Maddison is still playing for Coventry City is he not? Or have I missing something?

TM knows how football works, he has done this hundreds of times before. He doesn't care the fee, his job is to make his players win games. He hasn't lost a single player in his squad and has gained the defensive reinforcement he so desperately needed. if I'm TM im fairly content this morning, looking forward to seeing Cargill and Stephens sure up that leaky defence so the forwards can start to have some fun again.

Terry Gibson's perm

Maybe he has looked at the long term benefits of the sale and he still has the player until the end of the season and maybe they will give him some of the money in his budget next year to improve the side.

rupert_bear

I doubt very much if Maddison leaving was a shock to Mowbray, his side kick Mark Venus will have been well on the case I just hope we can still bring atleast one more attacker in

albatross

I don't for one minute think it was a surprise to him, just that he is on the record of saying how he saw the deal being done so that the owners could recoup some cash. it would appear that the deal falls somewhat short of this so why would he not feel a touch disappointed.

matesx

I don't for one minute think it was a surprise to him, just that he is on the record of saying how he saw the deal being done so that the owners could recoup some cash. it would appear that the deal falls somewhat short of this so why would he not feel a touch disappointed.

£9.5m mate.... apparently

standupforcity

'Appear' is the important word here! Nobody knows!!

SkyBlueRuffian

Mowbray changed his status recently by saying if JM was sold it would have to be a loan back deal. Before he was hell bent on selling him. He would have known surely

coop

This is the first time TM has seen the real shitsu selling last minute and not giving him the money to give us a real chance to compete.They will not invest the money from the sale into the team that's why it's always a fee no one really knows.Why didn't shitsu get some money out of the extra revenue stream from the upped attendances.

lifeskyblue

We need a statement from the club and the manager as to why we sold and why at that price. Why as fans we should trust OUR club to invest wisely so that year on year we get steady improvement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

The CT are drip feeding interviews, TM interview will be on their click channel later. Don't forget to turn the volume down when reading it.

Colin Steins Smile

TM clearly stated that Madders would only increase in value over time. SISU have undermined him by cashing in with just a short term vision. TM has enhanced his reputation by taking us from the brink of relegation to the 4th tier to contenders for championship. SISU have once again showed their lack of ambition.

I would expect TM to redraft his CV and circulate it to clubs that genuinely want success.

shmmeee

Maybe he has looked at the long term benefits of the sale and he still has the player until the end of the season and maybe they will give him some of the money in his budget next year to improve the side.

That's the thing though. If we go up that £2m is fuck all.

shmmeee

£9.5m mate.... apparently

So says the Sisu Gazette. I wouldn't be looking to the Observer for unbiased reporting on the club. The nationals are saying £2m and are more likely to be in the know and have less incentive to calm the natives.

Samo

That's the thing though. If we go up that £2m is fuck all.

Yup, might buy you a Championship player but certainly not a squad.

Users who are viewing this thread