Signings Incoming...... (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

It's bizarre that people continue to push this myth. It's entirely false. For all of his virtues Robins lacks the ability to able to manage the more 'difficult' players long term.

I think with JCH it wasn't about his attitude in any case, he just didn't fit the way we wanted to play, that's it.

Yorkshire SB

Would take Crowley, would be a big upgrade on Allen who we could try and shift either now or in the summer. Still young, looks like he could be high potential. Birmingham don't exactly play to his strengths either.

Given we have a young squad, it might just suit him here.

skybluesam66

It's bizarre that people continue to push this myth. It's entirely false. For all of his virtues Robins lacks the ability to able to manage the more 'difficult' players long term.
Maybe he does manage them, and that is why the squad is so joined, and if he feels there is a bad egg he manages them out
However whose to say that some of the current squad he has not turned around and integrated

DannyThomas_1981

I honestly quite like the idea of Crowley and see his potential and how he could fit in.

But it is pretty amusing that the same people who are calling the Samaritans on a weekly basis about Shipley (5 goals in 31 appearances in L1 and looking pretty threatening in front of goal in the Champ) are passionately advocating recruiting an attacking midfielder with just 1 goal in 40 appearances last season.

I'm sure if Crowley joins and takes a couple of games to get up to speed - the Samaritans hotlines would be lighting up accompanied by fleet of pre-ordered taxis off to Ryton to 'bin him off.'

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

For all those saying Crowley doesn't get in Birmingham's team... it's worth pointing out that Serge Gnabry didn't get a look in at Tony Pulis' West Brom, because he wasn't good enough. He's since gone on to be Bayern Munich's player of the season. I'm not for one minute suggesting he is that good, but certain managers will have a type of player they won't play. Pulis or Allardyce could have had Messi as a kid and probably not played him for being 'too short'. As has been mentioned Karanka is a very 'no risks' manager. Play the percentages and be defensively solid (he's failing at that!!!). It could easily be Crowley takes too many risks which result in too many turnovers for Karanka's liking. It could also be he isn't as special as some are making out. But don't be fooled just because he isn't getting a look in at a team below us.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd like to see anybody who can manage 20 plus people and keep them all happy - especially when it comes to having to show favour to only half of them on a regular basis. You can use the stick or the carrot, but whatever you do you won't keep them all happy. let's be honest, if people think MR has problems managing players, then have a look at all those player who have let themselves down in the PL during Cov-id. Pep, Mourinho, Ole Gunnar, Dean Smith, Lampard, Moyes etc all managers who could be accused of not being able to manage players.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I think with JCH it wasn't about his attitude in any case, he just didn't fit the way we wanted to play, that's it.

Agreed. I wasn't referring to directly JCH though. It was clear that he was a square peg in a round hole. I personally think his 'attitude problem' is a bit of a stigma that he hasn't been able to shake off. Of course, he has a tendency to sulk when things aren't going his way which managers may not respond well to, but by all accounts he's relatively likeable and will usually respond positively if he receives a bit of arm-around-the-shoulder leadership.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd like to see anybody who can manage 20 plus people and keep them all happy - especially when it comes to having to show favour to only half of them on a regular basis. You can use the stick or the carrot, but whatever you do you won't keep them all happy. let's be honest, if people think MR has problems managing players, then have a look at all those player who have let themselves down in the PL during Cov-id. Pep, Mourinho, Ole Gunnar, Dean Smith, Lampard, Moyes etc all managers who could be accused of not being able to manage players.

Hahaha, a teacher does that with 30, and not just one group of them ;)

SBAndy

A left footed CB would do a lot of good I think, as others have alluded to. Easier said than done to find one fitting the bill

Had a nose through the out of contract players yesterday and found Ben Davies from Preston. Left footed CB. 25 years old. Report suggested he was one of the best ball-playing CBs in the division. Then saw he’s linked with Sheff Utd.

The Philosopher

I honestly quite like the idea of Crowley and see his potential and how he could fit in.

But it is pretty amusing that the same people who are calling the Samaritans on a weekly basis about Shipley (5 goals in 31 appearances in L1 and looking pretty threatening in front of goal in the Champ) are passionately advocating recruiting an attacking midfielder with just 1 goal in 40 appearances last season.

I'm sure if Crowley joins and takes a couple of games to get up to speed - the Samaritans hotlines would be lighting up accompanied by fleet of pre-ordered taxis off to Ryton to 'bin him off.'
I know I’m about to be shot down but playing for the club he grew up “having an interest in”, where his dad played as a youth and (probably) his mates / family supported does make a little difference.

I dressing room with a few local lads who give that “slight bit of an extra care” about the badge can’t be a bad thing.

Brighton Sky Blue

Had a nose through the out of contract players yesterday and found Ben Davies from Preston. Left footed CB. 25 years old. Report suggested he was one of the best ball-playing CBs in the division. Then saw he’s linked with Sheff Utd.

Yeah, a bit out of our price range!

mark82

Don't put me in that bracket, I like Shipley. Crowley is an upgrade though.

Users who are viewing this thread