Signings Incoming...... (2 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 2477

Sounds like the club are trying to tout him around to the highest bidder

Magwitch

Leave him at Brum, they only want him off their books so they can bring someone else in to help with their relegation fight.

Gibbo

Hasn't Hamer been playing mainly in a deeper role other than for 2 games?
Agreed, we definitely need that 'spark' in the AM role where a player can get into pockets of space, pick a pass, produce a bit of magic and provide an extra link between midfield and attack. Given that Shipley/Allen have both struggled in the other AM position, this has consequently left O'Hare completely isolated at times and as he is quite clearly targeted by the opposition it's often difficult for him to gain a foothold in games and exert his quality. Essentially, he's relied upon to provide creativity on his own.

Someone of Crowley's technical ability would inevitably split the focus of opposition defenders, bring O'Hare into the game more and of course help create/score more goals.
Isn't that what O'Hare is supposed to do. With a limited budget, why duplicate? Fill the holes first

Happy_Martian

Sunderland interested in signing Luke Thomas on loan from Barnsley apparently.

How many attacking players do they want? Their squad is disgusting.

Yet they still can't win. You can take a Golden Boot winner to the SoL but you can't make him score ;)

Alkhen

Will the new lockdown and risk of halts or curtailment put teams off transfers this month? Big risk adding to tight wage budgets in these unpredictable times

PVA

Crowley clearly has more ability and flair than Shipley and Allen.

We're desperately lacking in that position and if he does have any attitude issues I'd back Robins to get the most out of him

Magwitch

Just watched those Daniel Crowley snippets on post 189 not sure of the standard didn’t look too bad from what I seen there seems little doubt the lad is talented, quick and looks a proper number 10 and he looks he could link up great with Hamer, O’Hare, Dabo so I’m asking myself why is he struggling to get in the Brum team ? from what I saw though if he’s a freebie and Mark Robins is confident he can get the best out of him why not atleast for the rest of the season.

Jesse Carver

I asked my Blues supporting mate about Crowley. He said he's a "great player, I've said for ages he should play but he's seen as a luxury player who can't start when you're in a dogfight, I disagree. He's a 10 but like a Rooney where it's effort & anger"

mark82

Just watched those Daniel Crowley snippets on post 189 not sure of the standard didn’t look too bad from what I seen there seems little doubt the lad is talented, quick and looks a proper number 10 and he looks he could link up great with Hamer, O’Hare, Dabo so I’m asking myself why is he struggling to get in the Brum team ? from what I saw though if he’s a freebie and Mark Robins is confident he can get the best out of him why not atleast for the rest of the season.

He was playing up until the change of manager earlier this season. Seems the new manager just prefers other players. He often plays with 3 more defensive minded players in midfield rather than a number 10. When they do use a 10 there are a couple of other options who are decent players too in Jon Toral and McCree. When you see their midfield options you realise how well we're doing with the squad we have.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I asked my Blues supporting mate about Crowley. He said he's a "great player, I've said for ages he should play but he's seen as a luxury player who can't start when you're in a dogfight, I disagree. He's a 10 but like a Rooney where it's effort & anger"
I’ve heard similar from my Birmingham supporting mate. Great squad player, but a luxury - is brilliant 1 in every 5 games

Magwitch

As I said I’d be okay with Crowley based on what I saw on that snippet but for me the priority has to be a striker especially now Godden is out for weeks along with Walker, I’ve a bit of time for Max not so much for Baka but the thought of just having those two for what could be weeks a big concern.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Isn't that what O'Hare is supposed to do. With a limited budget, why duplicate? Fill the holes first

How is it duplicating when we often play with one up top with two AMs sitting behind? Robins has already indicated that he'd like to bring in another AM to help with goals. With Shipley and Allen struggling to make a meaningful impact on games and O'Hare being consistently targeted we quite clearly need to supplement the AM position.

Regardless of who is set to come in whether it be Crowley or another player, it's a position that needs reinforcing as Shipley and Allen haven't shown enough to suggest they're able to impact games in that role consistently of the course of a season.

cc84cov

O’Hare lacks quality in the final third Crowley doesn’t he’s on another level to O’Hare technically comparing the 2

Users who are viewing this thread