Signings Incoming...... (2 Viewers)

mrtrench

I know nothing about Crowley, other than he shares a name with Alastair Crowley, who was an influence for Bowie's song 'Quicksand' and 'Oh You Pretty Things'.

But I know a little about managing difficult people. The things is, nobody is 100% successful with this. Some you can manage and click with where others have failed and some you cannot where other succeed. I think it probably comes down to how much they respect you... not your reputation per se but they react to you.

Some are obviously very poor at it and some better but managing one well does not mean you'll manage a second adequately.

PVA

Off the top of my head Hiwula, Brown, Nazon, Kastaneer. Bright would've almost certainly been frozen out as well if he had signed permanently.

How are any of them 'difficult'? Hiwula, Brown and Kasta just weren't/aren't good enough.

Bright is the only difficult one there and Robins got more out of him than any other manager has.

Not sure if Nazon was difficult or not, but again Robins got plenty out of him.

no_loyalty

Last I heard was the club had made their interest known but it went quiet,where he goes is in the balance,wages I feel might cause us to miss out.

I work with one of Crowley's mates and said City are interested in him along with some other championship clubs including Middlesborough, he believes he will go where the money is, however he did say that he has recently purchased a house in Kersley and has a young family so you never know.

Saddlebrains

Matty James has left Barnsley and gone back to Leicester.

Barnsley on here was talking as if he was xavi. Could be a great replacement for Kelly

D

Deleted member 11652

Matty James has left Barnsley and gone back to Leicester.

Barnsley on here was talking as if he was xavi. Could be a great replacement for Kelly

Saw someone on Facebook say he was coming here. Safe to say there’s zero chance of that.

Barnsley

He’s on £28’000 a week we can’t get anywhere near that.
he’ll be a massive loss to us though.

shmmeee

I do like the look of Crowley’s final ball, seems to have something Callum doesn’t. Probably doesn’t have the work rate that Callum does of course. Could be a good compliment to each other, and another smart, technically good player alongside Dabo, Hamer, Sheaf, O’Hare.

Gibbo

Never mind Crowley, James sounds just the ticket. At least he fills one of the two desperate needs - Kelly replacement. However I am always puzzled by the logic behind the thinking of the parent club to switch a 'loan out' part way through the season - See Giles last year. Barnsley seem a well run club. The answer cannot be so simple as wanting a mix of experience.

James would leave one midfield slot to be fought over by Sheaf, Shipley & Allen, assuming nobody nicks Gustavo the Great. Now we need some kind of target man as well....

I'd only take Crowley if he was cheap, but he won't be.

Brighton Sky Blue

Never mind Crowley, James sounds just the ticket. At least he fills one of the two desperate needs - Kelly replacement. However I am always puzzled by the logic behind the thinking of the parent club to switch a 'loan out' part way through the season - See Giles last year. Barnsley seem a well run club. The answer cannot be so simple as wanting a mix of experience.

James would leave one midfield slot to be fought over by Sheaf, Shipley & Allen, assuming nobody nicks Gustavo the Great. Now we need some kind of target man as well....

I'd only take Crowley if he was cheap, but he won't be.

Assuming it happens, perhaps it's more to do with geography than purely footballing matters

DannyThomas_1981

I know I’m about to be shot down but playing for the club he grew up “having an interest in”, where his dad played as a youth and (probably) his mates / family supported does make a little difference.

I dressing room with a few local lads who give that “slight bit of an extra care” about the badge can’t be a bad thing.

I'm with you Philosopher!

But God help him if he starts to interact with fans and agrees to selfies; for some of the nutcases on here (well let's be honest one in particular) that seems to be the ultimate crime :D

Irish Sky Blue

It's bizarre that people continue to push this myth. It's entirely false. For all of his virtues Robins lacks the ability to able to manage the more 'difficult' players long term.
I am not sure that MR ‘failed’ with Clarke-Harris. He just maybe saw him as surplus to requirements. While there is no disputing JCH’s scoring record at Bristol Rovers, his performances at Coventry were mostly underwhelming. I don’t think too many supporters were that sorry to see him go. I saw him play 4 times for Rovers last season (all against us) and he wasn’t very good in any of them. Yes, he earned a move away from Rovers, but still only to a team in the same league.
Who are the other difficult players Robins has failed with?

PVA

What about a 4231?

Marosi
Dabo Østigård McFadz McCallum
James Sheaf
O’Hare Hamer Crowley
Walker

It looks good but I don't see MR ditching 5 at the back. I genuinely think our formation is one of the key reasons behind our success. Even teams at this level can't seem to deal with it. Millwall had absolutely no clue against it in the first half.

shmmeee

It looks good but I don't see MR ditching 5 at the back. I genuinely think our formation is one of the key reasons behind our success. Even teams at this level can't seem to deal with it. Millwall had absolutely no clue against it in the first half.

Agree, just working out how you can fit all those CMs into one team.

That said, both James and Sheaf can fill in at CB and Hamer at DM so it could become a box midfield with three at the back quite fluidly.

PVA

That said, both James and Sheaf can fill in at CB and Hamer at DM so it could become a box midfield with three at the back quite fluidly.

It's a nice problem to have for sure.

I wonder if you might have it right in your 4231 with Hamer playing further forward.

We'd miss his bite and workrate in the middle but he clearly brings a goal threat so could do some damage further forward.

But more likely I think it'll be 2 from Hamer/James/Sheaf, plus a new AM signing (hopefully).

Jamesimus

Possibly have an update off Crowley today

We need to know 😁

Sheaf and James at DM, Hamer and O'Hare AM in the box formation?

Not sure if that will be the best use of Hamer mind.

Users who are viewing this thread