Signings Incoming...... (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

Unless we get a striker in I think we will be stuck with Baka till the end of the season until we release him as we only have him and max currently fit 🤦🏻‍♂️

Greggs

Unless we get a striker in I think we will be stuck with Baka till the end of the season until we release him as we only have him and max currently fit 🤦🏻‍♂️
Chill winston, Robbings will be working his little size 6 socks off to get us the right Striker. Patience. Not got a league game for another week or so.

Gibbo

Why would we be stuck with Baka or Max until the end of the season when Walker should be back in around a month?
... but common consent is that Walker is not a target man, and Robin's favorite seems to be 5 - 3 - O'Hara - lone striker. And neither of the B's are good enough.

SBAndy

... but common consent is that Walker is not a target man, and Robin's favorite seems to be 5 - 3 - O'Hara - lone striker. And neither of the B's are good enough.

Godden’s not a target man, didn’t do too badly with him up top last season!

I think Walker was made to look worse than he is due to how deep the team were sitting - our wing backs would barely advance past the half way line and O’Hare got dragged back into the midfield battle, meaning Walker was having it booted up to him at chest/head height with no one around him. Personally, I think we’re over that now and he may look a little better.

KenilworthSkyBlue

We definitely need another striker but Walker is heads and shoulders above Biamou or Baka. I think given our budgetary constraints as well as the premium and level of interest from clubs that's attached to strikers - especially in the January transfer window - Robins may just have to make do with what we've got.

It's extremely difficult to bring one in on the cheap in any circumstance and don't forget Robins also has to contend with the issue of we're currently at our loan ceiling. So, all things considered it's just not pragmatic to reiterate over and over that we need a striker as Robins is fully aware of what we need. Cc84's near daily meltdowns regarding the striker issue isn't going to change the outcome. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

mark82

I think Walker was made to look worse than he is due to how deep the team were sitting - our wing backs would barely advance past the half way line and O’Hare got dragged back into the midfield battle, meaning Walker was having it booted up to him at chest/head height with no one around him. Personally, I think we’re over that now and he may look a little better.

He didn't exactly look bad anyway.

Sky Blue Pete

Yep I’m sure that’s true and probably most of the season too and most players will play at less than 100%
I feel sorry for the players who are getting it in the neck when I know they have a niggling injury and are still trying to perform for the team and supporters

It means I’m often more lenient than others on here

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep I’m sure that’s true and probably most of the season too and most players will play at less than 100%
I feel sorry for the players who are getting it in the neck when I know they have a niggling injury and are still trying to perform for the team and supporters

It means I’m often more lenient than others on here

Do you know if Baka has been carrying one?

KenilworthSkyBlue

Have you see the games coming up in that month ? We need to be taking points from these teams I don’t even think max is fully fit

p.s a short response will do we don’t need an essay

You do realise Robins shares the exact same concerns regarding the striker situation don't you? By continuously blabbering on that we desperately need a striker you're aren't making an epiphanic suggestion.

It's quite evident we need one. Yet, you seem to think if we fail to bring one in that's somehow Robins decision. There are multiple obstacles in the way that restrict Robins' ability to bring in a striker and as such, there is every possibility that he may have to settle for what he has already. The sooner you figure that out the better.

Ccfcisparks

You do realise Robins shares the exact same concerns regarding the striker situation don't you? By continuously blabbering on that we desperately need a striker you're aren't making an epiphanic suggestion.

It's quite evident we need one. Yet, you seem to think if we fail to bring one in that's somehow Robins decision. There are multiple obstacles in the way that restrict Robins' ability to bring in a striker and as such, there is every possibility that he may have to settle for what he has already. The sooner you figure that out the better.
A yes or no would have done. I don't think he'll bother to read past the first would now.

cc84cov

Not reading that 🙃

cc84cov

@KenilworthSkyBlue only joking fella I’ve read it 🤣 I said to shmeee last night we know what we need so does robins the issue is finding one it’s not gonna be easy with budgets etc and who’s also at the level im just stating it worries me going into an important group of games with them 2 up front options

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I know that current injuries are dictating signings chat at the mo, but do people realise we're the 15th highest scorers in the Championship? Bristol City have only scored one more.

Liquid Gold

He's also had the no pre-season and then injury issue that Godden had last season. There were loads calling Godden a waste of money when he was playing through the pain.

Gibbo

agreed, but we are in a higher league and last year we consistently failed to put a lot games to bed - lots of 1-0's. I venture partly because Godden is not a target man

Users who are viewing this thread