Signings Incoming...... (1 Viewer)

mark82

It’s far more likelier. Hardly loaned us a player in and around their first team - he’s been on loan to a team in the same division and not one of the bigger ones

And Hamer wouldn't get anywhere near Leicester's team.

RingoCCFC

Standard goals/assists youtube compilation (compulsory shite music included), but does look pretty decent

See Hamer in that video! He looked decent back then, especially being a cov lad maybe he would put in the graft and there’s no doubt we need a guy like him in that compilation that brings it to them and takes their chances!

I would imagine anything like that would've been voided as part of the loan contract to us.

Don't forget Callum Wilson was sold after we'd done all of our business. Imagine there is a small amount available from that.

A small Donald Trump million dollar inheritance you mean? Swear it’s over like a mil we get from it!

Last edited:
Reactions: AOM

Ccfcisparks

Pretty certain they’re trying but it’s the hardest position to recruit well for
Yes agreed, you've seen Wycombe try and recruit in that position in the last few days but the best they can muster is a youngster on loan from Leicester. I trust Robins will find someone he sees fit.

AFCCOVENTRY

Yes agreed, you've seen Wycombe try and recruit in that position in the last few days but the best they can muster is a youngster on loan from Leicester. I trust Robins will find someone he sees fit.

The club a player is moving to, their style of play and who the manger is plays a big role in clubs deciding where to send players on loan. We will always be able to attract a better player than Wycombe.

mark82

A small Donald Trump million dollar inheritance you mean? Swear it’s over like a mil we get from it!

Couple of million I think, but likely to be paid in installments depending on how his transfer to Newcastle was structured. Also, we need to cover BCD.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just got to be patient, we’re not in an immediate rush.

Saddlebrains

Wouldn't be suprised if we didnt get a striker. Walker will only be a week or so away after Saturday, and if Crowley and James come in, i can see us reverting to the same type of play as last year, with Max holding the ball up top with O'Hare and Crowley making the runs beyond.

Probably talking shit

Ccfcisparks

Check how Daryl Horgan’s got on for Wycombe this season
I know Horgan hasn't pulled up trees this year for Wycombe but he has certainly given them a different dimension. Nisbet has 5 years on Horgan and plays a different role. Hes scored goals everywhere hes gone, but youre probably right the cost he holds probably would not be representative of what we will get.

Brighton Sky Blue

I know Horgan hasn't pulled up trees this year for Wycombe but he has certainly given them a different dimension. Nisbet has 5 years on Horgan and plays a different role. Hes scored goals everywhere hes gone, but youre probably right the cost he holds probably would not be representative of what we will get.

Aside from John McGinn I can’t think of many successful SPL to Championship transfers.

Brighton Sky Blue

The issue is especially prevalent with SPL strikers who have moved to the Championship.

I think people underestimate how poor the SPL actually is.

I don’t think it’s as bad a league as some suggest but outside the Old Firm most SPL clubs would struggle in this league. Aberdeen and Hibs could perhaps make a fist of it. McGinn was a huge talent but he’s an exception.

Sky Blue Pete

Lots if fun and games it appears. Got to be a massive issue perhaps suspending the season. Suppose loans could be agreed on the proviso the season continues as normal

KenilworthSkyBlue

I don’t think it’s as bad a league as some suggest but outside the Old Firm most SPL clubs would struggle in this league. Aberdeen and Hibs could perhaps make a fist of it. McGinn was a huge talent but he’s an exception.

Personally, I actually think overall the league is probably worse than people suggest. The significant transfer fees spent on players who have found consistent success in the Scottish leagues, but struggled once they made the move over the border proves that. With notable mention to Scottish strikers. Lyndon Dykes, David Goodwillie, Kyle Lafferty, Gary Hooper, Kenny Miller, Stevie May (Scottish Champ), Jamie Murphy (granted, a winger) are just a few examples off the top of my head. Flipping my point on its head slightly, look at the example of Leigh Griffiths. Had a fairly average half a season at Wolves in League One, then a year later he scores 30 goals for Hibs.

In the last decade, I can't think of a Scottish striker who has consistently scored goals upon his switch from the SPL to a Championship club apart from Ross McCormack and Steven Fletcher. I'd have to check on that though.

The primary issue with the SPL is that there is a significant split in quality within the league which is probably why some players' stats and performances flatter to deceive. You have the Old Firm who are probably upper Championship standard, Hibs and Aberdeen upper League One and the rest a culmination of lower-end League One and League Two. The split in quality is a lot more widened than it is in the Championship - or the rest of the EFL for that matter. It's a bizarre league.

There's of course been a host of great players to come out of the SPL. But without a doubt there's an unnecessary premium attached to relatively sub-par players within the league which I've always found particularly odd given the overall quality of said league - this applies also to the Scottish Championship.

Last edited:

robbiethemole

At least it won't be Ched Evans................ gone on loan to Preston, lots of their fans very unimpressed by that. Some even calling it disgraceful, but that'll change if he starts scoring for them

robbiethemole

Personally, I actually think overall the league is probably worse than people suggest. The significant transfer fees spent on players who have found consistent success in the Scottish leagues, but struggled once they made the move over the border proves that. With notable mention to Scottish strikers. Lyndon Dykes, David Goodwillie, Kyle Lafferty, Gary Hooper, Kenny Miller, Stevie May (Scottish Champ), Jamie Murphy (granted, a winger) are just a few examples off the top of my head. Flipping my point on its head slightly, look at the example of Leigh Griffiths. Had a fairly average half a season at Wolves in League One, then a year later he scores 30 goals for Hibs.

In the last decade, I can't think of a Scottish striker who has consistently scored goals upon his switch from the SPL to a Championship club apart from Ross McCormack and Steven Fletcher. I'd have to check on that though.

The primary issue with the SPL is that there is a significant split in quality within the league which is probably why some players' stats and performances flatter to deceive. You have the Old Firm who are probably upper Championship standard, Hibs and Aberdeen upper League One and the rest a culmination of lower-end League One and League Two. The split in quality is a lot more widened than it is in the Championship - or the rest of the EFL for that matter. It's a bizarre league.

There's of course been a host of great players to come out of the SPL. But without a doubt there's an unnecessary premium attached to relatively sub-par players within the league which I've always found particularly odd given the overall quality of said league - this applies also to the Scottish Championship.

Whatever happened to Andrew Driver, the flying winger??? some on here were creaming at the thought of him hahahahah

Terry_dactyl

Whatever happened to Andrew Driver, the flying winger??? some on here were creaming at the thought of him hahahahah
I asked this very question of hearts supporting mate of mine just last week. Possibly still playing in Holland was the answer.
My mate said he was awesome. Also said that Pressley was genuinely awesome for them but described as a “judas” by the fans as he joined Celtic for the money, and pretended it wasn’t about the money...or something. I mentioned that he gave away a lot of pens for the city. My mate attributed this to him being a youngster when he played for us.
Reassuring to know football fans are the same all over.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I'd forgotten about him! I've just had a google and it appears he hasn't played since 2017. To think we were apparently willing to offer £1m for him. What's even more incredible is that Hearts turned down £3m from other clubs. That was pretty hefty fee back then.

Users who are viewing this thread