Significant Council announcement on Ricoh coming (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

@TheSimonGilbert: Significant Coventry City Council statement on the Ricoh Arena coming this afternoon. Not a return for Sky Blues unfortunately #PUSB

Gint11

Interesting? A new schedule of concerts coming up?

AFCCOVENTRY

That would really change the game if that happens.

Until now Sisu are preying on acl on the basis there are no tenants. But with if acl announce a new tenant then sisu really will have mucked this up.

shmmeee

I was wondering when they're going to take down the City badge. It'll surely be a sign they've actually moved on?

covcity4life

more BS

"we will make you panic!"

"well we wont panic and will make things harder for you!"

"make thigns harder for us? well do something even worse to you "

"you think we will back down from that? we are working on our revenge"

and so fucking on.

torchomatic

Could be that Shmmeee. That would be a bigger blow that releasing a statement saying they are looking for another tenant, etc.

Maybe they're ripping the grass up now the groundsman has left and block paving the arena.

Covstu

I was wondering when they're going to take down the City badge. It'll surely be a sign they've actually moved on?

Drove past the other day and thought exactly the same, i suppose that is the final nail in the Ricoh coffin if this happens. :(

hill83

If it's not about CCFC returning I genuinely couldn't give a shit. It means as much as any other random building in Coventry to me.
Unless it's turning into an 80s bar, then I'm interested.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think the clue might be in the last part of the Simon Gilbert tweet. If it is not a return and it is a significant statement I would guess that the Council will say they are moving on, getting on with running the City. Probably add that door still open for CCFC to come back.

Given the announcements by the club about stadium forums, getting on with the acquisition and planning, not coming back, wont deal with CCC, wont rent ........ etc I would guess that's what the announcement will say

covcity4life

If it's not about CCFC returning I genuinely couldn't give a shit. It means as much as any other random building in Coventry to me.

simple-minds.jpg

a plea from all ccfc and 80's music fans.

torchomatic

I travel. .

dongonzalos

Much prefer this approach, to Les Reid who would leave you hanging that it maybe about a return.

Last edited:

ccfcway

wonder if its as dramatic as the new ground scoop !

here's my prediction

"council announce they are looking for new tennants, but door still open for CCFC"

torchomatic

Could be. Or one last offer?

wonder if its as dramatic as the new ground scoop !

here's my prediction

"council announce they are looking for new tennants, but door still open for CCFC"

Matty_CCFC

I agree, if its not about us going home, d no give a shit

Gint11

Going loco down at the RICOH

AJB1983

Think the clue might be in the last part of the Simon Gilbert tweet. If it is not a return and it is a significant statement I would guess that the Council will say they are moving on, getting on with running the City. Probably add that door still open for CCFC to come back.

Given the announcements by the club about stadium forums, getting on with the acquisition and planning, not coming back, wont deal with CCC, wont rent ........ etc I would guess that's what the announcement will say

And probably about attracting top events to arena in place of CCFC whilst they are in exile...

torchomatic

Warwickhunt

ACL are being bought out! Council stepping back from there management responsibility - No its not SISU either

torchomatic

PH4 and Mr Cov!?!

Is it normal for CCC to have an announcement by webcast? Not noticed it before if it is, so maybe it's a big one like Northampton relocating to the Ricoh!

Users who are viewing this thread