SIGNED!!!! - Tatsuhiro Sakamoto (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Yeah, I like that he can go inside or out and cross with either foot. It's like having a proper old-school winger for the first time in years (only he can also defend).

Dare i say Tommy Hutchinson being the last, old - school winger at the club.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

To settle the Wing back position, you call it a “back” not “mid” yes it is level with the DM in the team lineup but it’s labelled as a defensive position, it may be a more advanced player but at the end of the day the position is a defensive one, modern day box to box midfielder but out wide, and labelled as a different area

Matt smith

To settle the Wing back position, you call it a “back” not “mid” yes it is level with the DM in the team lineup but it’s labelled as a defensive position, it may be a more advanced player but at the end of the day the position is a defensive one, modern day box to box midfielder but out wide, and labelled as a different area
@shmmeee your thoughts?

Matt smith

Bidwell is a midfielder

end of

Bennettbarnet

When I think of players like Cancelo, Trent or Kimmich I think of them as attacking players as much as defensive

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Briles

Yeah, I like that he can go inside or out and cross with either foot. It's like having a proper old-school winger for the first time in years (only he can also defend).

I've only seen him cross with his left, he's got that feint on his right down to a T but I'm wondering if he can actually cross with it haha, I hope so

1ccfc

Can we change the name of this thread please? Whenever this gets bumped to the top, I keep seeing it and for a split second think we've made another signing 🤣

Grendel

Was David Smith not a winger then? Plenty of youtube footage to confirm he was, particularly from the start of his career before he lost his confidence playing under shit managers like Butcher who preferred him to play safety first.

He was a winger

Wizard of the drivel Peter Barnes as well

Finham

Hutch was clearly in a class of his own, but don’t forget David Smith
Smith and of course Benno the last ones I think. Smith was great in his early career, he pops up a lot on the Speedie goal compilations. About once a year we have a thread asking what went wrong with him...anyway, for a prime example of Bennett and Smith at their creative best with a Speedo hatrick:

EDIT: LOVE that Killer pen at the end, ha ha!

Finham

I've only seen him cross with his left, he's got that feint on his right down to a T but I'm wondering if he can actually cross with it haha, I hope so
One of the goals was a cross with his right-it got cleared to the edge of the area then scored, so he can't claim the assist, but it did enough damage to lead to a goal I suppose. But he does cross with his right-plenty of them on his highlight compilations.

EDIT: the last goal last night he crossed with his right.

Last edited:

skyblu3sk

Some of that close control and first touch... will get the fans out their seats!
Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

skyblu3sk

Better half came back from the shower saying "is everything alright? I heard a scream." I explained that it was just me screeching like a little girl "but there's two of them!" as Sakamoto ran at the MK defenders.
I'm glad it isn't just me! I'm not getting too carried away honest... but looking forward to seeing him play!

Users who are viewing this thread