SIGNED!!!! - Tatsuhiro Sakamoto (1 Viewer)

TomRad85

Got a feeling he will start on the bench, as do many versatile players.
I think we're over analysing the starting 11 a bit too much maybe. Sure there are some players that will start most weeks but others will rotate, especially the AMs I suspect. As they say, it's a long old season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Didnt Tatsu himself say he can play anywhere?

Now we’ve managed to sign a RWB he won’t be playing there unless there are injuries

We have so many subs now and the clear issue last season was no squad depth to see it out. There will be rotation and until o hare is fit so the likes of he and palmer will frequently rotate - the odd thing about him is he does seem more of a wide player but time will tell

Happy_Martian

Got myself excited when I checked Twitter this morning

1690542153649.png

Sky Blue tinted glasses can and will affect your interpretation of things... shame as it was about some Anime release

1690542282388.png

Finham

Pretty much, it was in his signing interview wasn't it? Although I think the positions he listed were generally wide, I may be wrong. As Grendel says, he certainly looks more of a wide player-his game seems to be suited to attacking players out wide and crossing.

SBT

He was hardly going to say he refuses to play anywhere but his favourite position!

I think he’s been playing at wing-back out of necessity this pre-season, and I’m sure he’ll see the odd spell there, but we’ve got a marquee signing at RWB now who needs to be starting every game.

shmmeee

He was hardly going to say he refuses to play anywhere but his favourite position!

I think he’s been playing at wing-back out of necessity this pre-season, and I’m sure he’ll see the odd spell there, but we’ve got a marquee signing at RWB now who needs to be starting every game.

He didn’t have to say anything at all!

SBT

Any Japanese overseas players generate huge interest in Japan as they are all seen as potentials for the national team. If he makes an impact, we could expect Japanese TV crews at the CBS on a regular basis.
What did the Japanese commentators say about the game today, or are they waiting until our first home fixture?

Evo1883

Again I have to say I'm not sure what this signing was for .. I still don't see where he fits in the team especially when O Hare comes back

pusbccfc

Again I have to say I'm not sure what this signing was for .. I still don't see where he fits in the team ?

The Palmer role.

Palmer will not stay fit all season and today he was tired after 75 minutes. It will be a good battle. We need good back up players.

Jamesimus

I thought he looked good for the very brief amount of time he was on.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've seen him do that thing now where he feints to cross with his left and then continues his run to the byline instead. Hope he has other tricks!

skyblu3sk

Not seen enough of him to judge yet, when he first came on looked a bit like a rabbit in the headlights but hopefully that will fade.

Evo1883

We can’t just have eleven first team players. You could ask why have we signed Binks, why are we likely getting another CB and ST? Because we need to be able to rotate players and everyone to have proper competition to keep them on their toes.

No I understand why we have the players we do , but if he is to be a squad player rather than a starter I think I'm asking why we didn't get a cheaper option and go for a more expensive centre half maybe ?

I think ultimately if he plays 10 minutes a match , you'd be annoyed we spent 1.5 mill or so on him

Evo1883

We can’t just have eleven first team players. You could ask why have we signed Binks, why are we likely getting another CB and ST? Because we need to be able to rotate players and everyone to have proper competition to keep them on their toes.
And once O hare is back, that's 3 maybe 4 Attacking midfielders

shmmeee

No I understand why we have the players we do , but if he is to be a squad player rather than a starter I think I'm asking why we didn't get a cheaper option and go for a more expensive centre half maybe ?

I think ultimately of he plays 10 minutes a match , you'd be annoyed we spent 1.5 mill or so on him

I imagine he’s there to fight for a first team place, but equally he can play in several positions and is a handy player to have around. But equally I don’t agree with the idea of “starters” and “squad players”. We should have 20 or so players of similar ability ideally.

I think just because he hasn’t started on a day two of our other big money signings hasn’t doesn’t mean too much.

shmmeee

And once O hare is back, that's 3 maybe 4 Attacking midfielders

He can play WB, AM and possibly CM. And when O’Hare is back it’s him and Palmer like last season. If we want to play the box maybe add Allen in, but then you’d need four arguably.

Evo1883

I imagine he’s there to fight for a first team place, but equally he can play in several positions and is a handy player to have around. But equally I don’t agree with the idea of “starters” and “squad players”. We should have 20 or so players of similar ability ideally.

I think just because he hasn’t started on a day two of our other big money signings hasn’t doesn’t mean too much.

I have sakamoto down as the dissapointing signing of the season in the other thread ..

Hopefully this is incorrect and he's amazing

Evo1883

He can play WB, AM and possibly CM. And when O’Hare is back it’s him and Palmer like last season. If we want to play the box maybe add Allen in, but then you’d need four arguably.
He's never playing central midfield for us .. ever

Users who are viewing this thread