Match Thread Shrewsbury Town vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 22nd Dec (2 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

Today is going to be a strange day for me. Will be watching the Sky Blues playing but hoping for a miracle that they don't win. Will be cheering on the other side. You have to love the underdogs. But will still be proudly standing there with my CCFC top on.

Got talked into going to the Man City V Palace game :rolleyes: But will be with you all in spirit. And listening to the game. I just hope we don't score at the same time as Man City. Because I will celebrate as usual but am going in with the Palace supporters whilst wearing the Man City colours :shifty:
Let's hope both underdogs win then:)

Paxman II

I think it's quite pivotal to our season we quickly get back to winning ways. Win today and again Boxing day or at least a draw, then win away next week will put us back on track. get a paltry draw from those three or worse and it's season over as far as any excitement and hope goes. Though I don't think we would fall so badly to be relegation threatened.
My gut is saying a win today and another hard fought win Boxing day.

Nick

Administrator
Most aerial challenges won: League One

260 - Oliver Hawkins - Portsmouth
248 - Andy Butler - Doncaster
243 - Matt Clarke - Portsmouth
229 - Ryan Tafazolli - Peterborough
222 - Adebayo Akinfenwa - Wycombe
205 - Luke Waterfall - Shrewsbury

Luke Waterfall needs keeping a eye on at set pieces has 3 goals already this season in the league with two of those headers from corners.
Was Lincoln’s main threat too at set pieces.

I can see us being targeted at set pieces again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, we can't try and chase him though. We know that he's going to have it his way or nothing at all.

We just need to stick to the rivers and lakes (that we are used to).

steve82

I think it's important just to go with the flow and see what happens

I agree, we can't try and chase him though. We know that he's going to have it his way or nothing at all.

We just need to stick to the rivers and lakes (that we are used to).

Agree but hopefully we don’t allow him to move free at 6ft + be no use Kelly or Bayliss being closest to him.

Nick

Administrator
Agree but hopefully we don’t allow him to move free at 6ft + be no use Kelly or Bayliss being closest to him.

Easier just to smash him early on. He's a guy that will get no love from me, hanging out the passenger side of his best friends ride. Trying to volley at me.

Nick

Administrator
Waiting for team news

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator

4 Changes

Looks like Kelly and Ogogo, Bayliss on opposite side to Thomas
JCH up front with Chaplin
Sterling, Willis, Hyam and Brown

Looking at that bench wondering who is going to come on and get us a goal....

Doyle not on the bench, neither is Davies.

Nick

Administrator
Can see JCH getting dominated up front on his own. Ogogo needs to step up and put himself a bit and run the midfield, assume Kelly will be sat deep.

Looks like another lucky dip starting 11.

Sky Blue Harry H

Can see JCH getting dominated up front on his own. Ogogo needs to step up and put himself a bit and run the midfield, assume Kelly will be sat deep.

Hardly lucky dip, Nick. Back 4 pick themselves, as do most of the others - Ogogo for work rate (hopefully) over Hiwula - Shipley likely to have missed training due to family illness?

Nick

Administrator
Thomas v Haynes will be interesting. Adge and Grendel are probably sat with the tissues already (Grendel will have wet wipes, he is no pauper). ;)

I think John Lewis is a bit of a unit as well, if he comes on can see him giving Hyam and Willis some issues.

Gibbo

No it doesn't. JCH on is own not working so had to be altered. There have been plenty on here who have said play Bayliss on the wing with two harder men in central midfield. Doyle injured. Sterling back = good. The only genuine surprise is Davies.
The key thing will be how far UP the pitch chaplin goes.

Reactions: vow

Nick

Administrator
No it doesn't. JCH on is own not working so had to be altered. There have been plenty on here who have said play Bayliss on the wing with two harder men in central midfield. Doyle injured. Sterling back = good. The only genuine surprise is Davies.

That's the thing, Chaplin needs to be stuck to JCH all game and one of the midfielders mopping up the 2nd balls. If we end up just hammering it high to JCH every time with nobody around him we may as well just give them the 3 points and go shopping.

vow

Looking at the team, it could go 4-3-3 (with Thomas up front) or a narrow 4-4-2 (similar to the end of last season) with Thomas instead of Shipley on the left.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Think Davies must be injured as they have Jordon Thompson on the bench.

Nick

Administrator
Looking at the team, it could go 4-3-3 (with Thomas up front) or a narrow 4-4-2 (similar to the end of last season) with Thomas instead of Shipley on the left.

True, might work OK with Chaplin on the left.

It is just JCH being so isolated that worries me, especially against defenders who will win headers all day.

We will be able to tell in the first 10 minutes what sort of game they will have up front.

vow

If Bayliss does play as a right-midfielder (4-4-2) with Sterling behind, Haynes will be in for a long game.....hopefully.

Nick

Administrator
If Bayliss does play as a right-midfielder (4-4-2) with Sterling behind, Haynes will be in for a long game.....hopefully.

I'd rather see Thomas terrorise him. Not just with pace but I think he would bully him too as he's a little bit of a twat like that.

vow

True, might work OK with Chaplin on the left.

It is just JCH being so isolated that worries me, especially against defenders who will win headers all day.

We will be able to tell in the first 10 minutes what sort of game they will have up front.
Has JCH been playing on his own up-front recently then?

Been on hols to Carribean ol' chap, so not been in the loop :pompus: :cool:

aloisiwouldhavescored

I'd rather see Thomas terrorise him. Not just with pace but I think he would bully him too as he's a little bit of a twat like that.
Heard anything yet about whether Thomas will be staying in January? He will be a real miss if he goes back.

vow

True enough, but can't see MR putting bayliss on the left and Thomas on the right?

Nick

Administrator
True enough, but can't see MR putting bayliss on the left and Thomas on the right?

Only thing with that is Bayliss cutting in. It might work, plus Brown might then bomb on and Bayliss would cover him.

PVA

I think it'll be 442, same as last season with Bayliss back at right midfield where I think he is much more effective.

lifeskyblue

Need a draw at minimum today. Just hope we don’t retreat into our shell if we go 1up or if it is 0-0 with 30 to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread