Shipley (1 Viewer)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I feel all the negativity about Jordan should be directed at Mark he is the 1 who picks him in the squad ,brings him on and as far as i know has not told him to look for another club .The guy comes on put in a shift all you can ask.For me to many negative thought about too many players on here.Were 10th in the table , playing some of the best football in along time ,still in the mix .What more do you lot want?

The Philosopher

The frustrating thing about Shipley is the fact that he has a deft, wand of a left foot that can smack a great pass / cross or shot into the net. He doesn’t use it often enough but when he does it can be magic.

A loose ball at the edge of the box, there are not many other players I’d like to see jogging on to it.

As I say, frustrating that other aspects of his game are so lacking. He doesn’t track back enough or get forward quickly. Our team plays high tempo and press in midfield and that style doesn’t suit him. You don’t need talent to harry and sprint, just effort. Effort training to get super fit and then effort on match day.

His dad, mentioned here, could do with giving him the talk: “son, you’ve a great opportunity, don’t let it slip by”. I’m sure MR has already.

I really hope Shipley gets his effort levels up. A fit, committed Jordan Shipley would be great in the squad.

Just my opinion.

cc84cov

I feel all the negativity about Jordan should be directed at Mark he is the 1 who picks him in the squad ,brings him on and as far as i know has not told him to look for another club .The guy comes on put in a shift all you can ask.For me to many negative thought about too many players on here.Were 10th in the table , playing some of the best football in along time ,still in the mix .What more do you lot want?
The manager should be asked why he wasn’t let go for the fee offered

Terry Gibson's perm

I’m not a big Shipley fan but he is well against the weaker opposition at Peterborough, when he comes on as a sub he doesn’t impact on the game some players come on knowing they have ten minutes to go mad but he has the same ponderous pace and if he starts he is a substitution in waiting as he doesn’t play for 90. He does have a good left foot

Adge

Chris Waddle used to amble too. Not defending Shippers particularly, but his languid style makes him an easy target. he got on the end of a lot of chances in previous seasons. That doesn't happen if you are ambling about. He may not be at 'Championship' level, but as others have pointed out, you don't become a professional footballer without application.
Chris Waddle-England international with 60 odd caps, Britain’s most expensive footballer at the time-played overseas at Marseille, or Jordan Shipley………🤔Hmmm.

Adge

Funny thing with Telfer is he hadn’t been here long and a club can’t remember which one put in an at the time big bid in for him which was turned down unusual for us which was popular with our fans. His popularity didn’t last
Blackburn. Should have laughed all the way to the bank with what they offered-nearly double the money overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread