Shipley (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

I’m not a big Shipley fan but to call him a ‘disgrace to the shirt’ is out of order. You get shot down because you spout endless bollocks. I do love you for it though even though you act like a 5 year old
You got shot down because as per usual you were talking bollocks.
He's below championship standard, and we should have sold him earlier in the season.
But fucking hell, a disgrace to the shirt??
Unsurprisingly from you, utter shite.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
I stand by it too anyone who just ambles around the pitch pulling out of tackles shouldn’t be near it

Sky Blue Harry H

I stand by it too anyone who just ambles around the pitch pulling out of tackles shouldn’t be near it

Chris Waddle used to amble too. Not defending Shippers particularly, but his languid style makes him an easy target. he got on the end of a lot of chances in previous seasons. That doesn't happen if you are ambling about. He may not be at 'Championship' level, but as others have pointed out, you don't become a professional footballer without application.

fatso

Unbelievable he didn’t take the fee offered in January
He's a bit of a utility player, so it made sence to hang on to him for half a season, especially when you consider the number of players we off loaded on loan etc.
And we hadn't got Bidwell in at the time, but I can't see him being here next season, especially as MR wants to revamp the squad.

better days

Really weird the way some football fans use such horrible language against players
There are a minority where a player's agent wangles an obscene contract after which the player downs tools.
Jack Rodwell and Mezut Ozil are some of the worst examples of this type
Frankly they deserve all the stick they get
But lads like Shipley who does his best but which may not be good enough at the level we've now achieved shouldn't be pilloried as he is in certain quarters
And of course his Dad is going to think his son is a better player than more objective judges
Social media has a lot to answer for

cc84cov

Really weird the way some football fans use such horrible language against players
There are a minority where a player's agent wangles an obscene contract after which the player downs tools.
But lads like Shipley who does his best but which may not be good enough at the level we've now achieved shouldn't be pilloried as he is in certain quarters
And of course his Dad is going to think his son is a better player than more objective judges
Do you think pulling out of tackles & giving up chasing & struggling to ever complete 90 mins is doing is best ? To anyone who’s played the game that’s lack of heart & effort to even pull out of a challenge,he’s not even close to fit enough to last a game.

better days

Do you think pulling out of tackles & giving up chasing & struggling to ever complete 90 mins is doing is best ? To anyone who’s played the game that’s lack of heart & effort to even pull out of a challenge,he’s not even close to fit enough to last a game.
He was a decent player at L1 level
He's not great in the tackle but there are others in the squad of whom you could say the same
His fitness levels aren't great but as you say, anyone who's played the game knows that game fitness only comes after a run of games
I'm not saying the lad should be playing, just that he gets a disproportionate amount of stick
Especially as he's a local lad who cares about the club

cc84cov

Hyam is an example of someone doing their best not someone who pulls out of tackles & can’t be arsed to chase a man,there is no excuse for it

cc84cov

He's not great in the tackle but there are others in the squad of whom you could say the same
His fitness levels aren't great but as you say, anyone who's played the game knows that game fitness only comes after a run of games
I'm not saying the lad should be playing, just that he gets a disproportionate amount of stick
Cares about the club ? He gets paid it’s his job,I’m not O’Hare biggest fan at times but Christ that’s a lad who cares he doesn’t ever give up doesn’t pull out of tackles or stop chasing a man he also doesn’t wander around shoulders down,watching it yesterday at pitch side was painful

better days

Cares about the club ? He gets paid it’s his job,I’m not O’Hare biggest fan at times but Christ that’s a lad who cares he doesn’t ever give up doesn’t pull out of tackles or stop chasing a man he also doesn’t wander around shoulders down,watching it yesterday at pitch side was painful
O'Hare still gets stick in some quarters though
Amazingly as far as I'm concerned
Anyway, each to their own

cc84cov

O'Hare still gets stick in some quarters though
Amazingly as far as I'm concerned
Anyway, each to their own
I give O’Hare stick at times as I want more I go over board at times too I’ll hold my hands up but as a paying fan I don’t want a player at our club who does what Shipley does...just my opinion of course but I don’t think I stand alone.

NorthernWisdom

I may go over board at times

giphy.gif

cc84cov

He wrote off Simon Moore before he had kicked a ball in anger for the first team
No I didn’t lol find me that can you ????

You wanted dabo at cdm and pretend you have family at the academy so you then have access to accounts...

Least I didn’t embarrass myself that bad I had to make a new account though hey @Magwitch1😉🤣🤣

Bugsy

No I didn’t lol find me that can you ????

You wanted dabo at cdm and pretend you have family at the academy so you then have access to accounts...

Least I didn’t embarrass myself that bad I had to make a new account though hey @Magwitch1😉🤣🤣

you're on the right path

cc84cov

just about sums his opinions up then
He can’t find this stuff though mate ? At least find the comments of me slagging him off first and we can discuss it further no ?

People slagged him after his first game in the loss on tour I’m sure the thread can be found.

Grendel

I never really get why Shipley gets it in tbe neck. He is what he is. He’s worked at his game and did well in league 1 - he’s appearance record is almost identical to Kelly - he’s scored I think 17 league goals which is far more than any other midfielder at the club

A manager would always like a Shipley in the squad - he’s a modern day Paul Telfer - fans never really want a Paul Telfer in the squad

cc84cov

I never really get why Shipley gets it in tbe neck. He is what he is. He’s worked at his game and did well in league 1 - he’s appearance record is almost identical to Kelly - he’s scored I think 17 league goals which is far more than any other midfielder at the club

A manager would always like a Shipley in the squad - he’s a modern day Paul Telfer - fans never really want a Paul Telfer in the squad
Telfer 🤣 your deluded G at least max who you didn’t like grafted for the shirt mate you couldn’t knock his heart and desire

Grendel

Telfer 🤣 your deluded G at least max who you didn’t like grafted for the shirt mate you couldn’t knock his heart and desire

A manager would take a Telfer above a Biamou any day of the week

cc84cov

A manager would take a Telfer above a Biamou any day of the week
Only manager that would do that is one who’s golf partner was Paul Telfer,still can’t believe I watched him line up againt Ronaldinho in the champions league 🤣

Grendel

Only manager that would do that is one who’s golf partner was Paul Telfer,still can’t believe I watched him line up againt Ronaldinho in the champions league 🤣

I don’t think strachan managed him at Luton Bournemouth or Leeds but ok whatever

tommy hutch legend

sensible comments agree

slowpoke

Paul Telfer was another player some fans loved to hate, had his limitations but always seemed to put a shift in.

procdoc

Paul Telfer was another player some fans loved to hate, had his limitations but always seemed to put a shift in.
I never liked Telfer at the time. However now I’m older I appreciate the type of character he was and the effort he made. He wasn’t all that bad either

slowpoke

Funny thing with Telfer is he hadn’t been here long and a club can’t remember which one put in an at the time big bid in for him which was turned down unusual for us which was popular with our fans. His popularity didn’t last

clint van damme

I rarely give players a hard time but I thought Shipley looked uninterested and half hearted against Bristol.
I've often defended him in the past including last season but I didn't like what I saw last Tuesday. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread