Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (1 Viewer)

Briles

Not worried about us not scoring weds night, We've scored more goals than Luton, Millwall, Birmingham, Forest, Derby, Sheffield Weds and Wycombe, and only 2 less than Bristol City. Id love a clean sheet

Brighton Sky Blue

Not worried about us not scoring weds night, We've scored more goals than Luton, Millwall, Birmingham, Forest, Derby, Sheffield Weds and Wycombe, and only 2 less than Bristol City. Id love a clean sheet

Looking at the 5 games after Brum/Forest/Weds we definitely need some wins

Sky Blue Harry H

Feels like a cup final to me this one (the next games feel like when we had those 3 home games last season versus Pompey, Sunderland and Rotherham, in terms of importance) Pre-match nerves already for me. Need Hamer to be on his 'A' game, and a few others to produce 7+/10 performances.

steve101

Barry Bannan was their stand out player against us imo. I don't think he would be as effective with James in midfield bossing it.

AOM

CWR said last night Robins confirmed Rose is back in training now, but still quite far off. Hopefully can get some u23's games in soon

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s a cliche, but for us especially the first goal is so important. Simply got to take the sitters we invariably get every week and cut out the nonsense at the back

no_loyalty

Barry Bannan was their stand out player against us imo. I don't think he would be as effective with James in midfield bossing it.

Bannan, Reach and Harris were their three best players against Everton, hopefully James will stop Bannan from controlling the game.

johnwillomagic

If we play 4-3-3 the way we play it then we are playing for a 0-0 don't like it ....full backs dont get forward three midfielders normally sit very deep the attacking midfielders also get sucked back and you have one poor sod completely isolated on their own feeding off scraps!

Frostie

Bannan, Reach and Harris were their three best players against Everton, hopefully James will stop Bannan from controlling the game.

Exactly. Hence my fear with playing a back 4 & diamond or similar like others are suggesting, we'd get destroyed down the flanks.

Brighton Sky Blue

Your obsession with 2 up top is a bit daft.

How many of the top 10 highest scoring teams in the Championship play with a front 2 do you think?

They tend to be equipped with players better suited to leading the line, or attacking midfielders who aren't Shipley. When we don't have the quality or physicality we can at least increase the percentages in our favour

Frostie

They tend to be equipped with players better suited to leading the line, or attacking midfielders who aren't Shipley. When we don't have the quality or physicality we can at least increase the percentages in our favour

Could work in theory, but that would only work if the 2 up top are sufficient quality. With what we have available, they're not.

cc84cov

Your obsession with 2 up top is a bit daft.

How many of the top 10 highest scoring teams in the Championship play with a front 2 do you think?
1 up front seems to be working well tho don’t it as I said failing to score in 7 from 9 games...keeping the same system is more “daft”

Users who are viewing this thread