Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

The 5 at the back just isn't working for me. Even though Dabo is one of our best players, it is a lost cause every game because we don't capitalise on his creativity. With McFadzean out, it gives us a chance to change something anyway.

I like the look of your 4-3-3 with Allen in there. I would still play O'Hare in the front three even though he is dog shit in front of goal. The energy and fight is something we need at the moment.

I think O’Hare needs a rest. I think half our squad needs a rest TBF. Also I wanted to get Bapaga and Gilesin, but in reality he’sbe a better shout than Bapaga. Just so frustrating at the moment. Can’t think of anything good he’s done in the final third since the first few games of the season. And I don’t want Shipley anywhere near the pitch.

skybluesam66

marosi
De costa
Mccallum
Thompson
hyam
sheaf
shipley
James
Allen

Biamou

Hold them for 70 minutes

then bring on

Dabo (Decosta)
Giles (Mccallum)
Hamer (sheaf)
O Hare (shipley)
Gyokares (Allen)

all at once

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think O’Hare needs a rest. I think half our squad needs a rest TBF. Also I wanted to get Bapaga and Gilesin, but in reality he’sbe a better shout than Bapaga. Just so frustrating at the moment. Can’t think of anything good he’s done in the final third since the first few games of the season. And I don’t want Shipley anywhere near the pitch.
Whos Gilesin is he good?

AOM

If we're gonna go two up front, I'd go:

Marosi
Drysdale/Thompson Ostigard Hyam
Dabo Sheaf James McCallum
Hamer
Gyokeres Bakayoko

If it looks like it's not working with Baka, bring O'Hare on and go one up front again

Northeast sky blue

Marosi
Hamer
Gyokeres Bakayoko

If it looks like it's not working with Baka, bring O'Hare on and go one up front again
I can't see Robins going with the two, he'll probably just bring in Drysdale, Thompson or maybe Pask and keep things pretty much the same

Reactions: AOM

Grendel

Were playing our best players in their correct positions - common sense

I’ll take a diamond over this current crap

Id take Clive Platt upfront over that crap

Covkid1968#

OHare owes us a goal..... big time. I’m going for a nervy 1-0 with COH finally working out that the general consensus on scoring a goal is to get the ball in the gaps either side of the big bloke standing in the middle of the goal.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Marosi
Hamer
Gyokeres Bakayoko

Its never gonna work with Baka at this level

fernandopartridge

We will either play 4231 or 5221 because Robins is stubborn and will not change his system

Sheaf may drop into central defence to keep the same system.

Fwiw, I thought we largely bossed the midfield (particularly first half). Dabo and Sam need to get up high to provide the width. The 46th min goal killed us last night. Naivety and poor finishing took all the wind out of our sails.

Indeed, fuck all to do with tactics

AOM

Its never gonna work with Baka at this level

Unfortunately I think you're right. Don't like the idea of playing an injured Biamou though, and at least Bakayoko will put the work in.

Think I'm just hoping (praying) Baka will miraculously have one of those games where he's everywhere and proves us all wrong, but I think his confidence is just shot to bits now

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Unfortunately I think you're right. Don't like the idea of playing an injured Biamou though, and at least Bakayoko will put the work in.

Think I'm just hoping (praying) Baka will miraculously have one of those games where he's everywhere and proves us all wrong, but I think his confidence is just shot to bits now
If he scores whilst playing for us this season then I will be the first to pray to god that he keeps scoring

Sky Blue Harry H

If I could change one key thing about our approach, it is for Dabo and McCallum to minimise playing balls square into our Centre backs on the likely iffy playing surface, With Sam, in particular, drive down the wing - usually worse case we gain a throw in (and Sam has a long throw), but we minimise the risk of the dodgy pass backs; for me he has been playing the % keep the ball. turning back, for no obvious benefit, particularly on poor playing surfaces. Always fancied myself as a tactical genius (like most on here!)

Limey

Not having this 'they need a rest' lark. They have another week gap before the next game. Champ teams were playing long into last season too.
Just not been hitting the levels we need. Nothing will boost the mood more than a couple of goals and a win. Simple as.

CanadianCCFC

Hopefully Marosi
Dabo Leo Hyam McCallum
Hamer Sheaf James
Allen Bapaga
Viktor
We’d need fullbacks to actually attack, there’s a novel idea

johnwillomagic

If we don't go 4-4-2 against these and play attacking then we will not be attacking for rest of the season.....

Sadly I don't see us playing 4-4-2 if not I prey we scrape a 0-0 draw as any other formation will probably yield that as best result.
If we could pinch three points it would be massive!

shmmeee

If we don't go 4-4-2 against these and play attacking then we will not be attacking for rest of the season.....

Sadly I don't see us playing 4-4-2 if not I prey we scrape a 0-0 draw as any other formation will probably yield that as best result.
If we could pinch three points it would be massive!

Who would you play on the wings?

Users who are viewing this thread