Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Moving on from last night I hope we change the system we can beat these if we set up correct.Play 3 across midfield and let O’Hare play his best position CAM 2 up front beats them.

Marosi
Dabo osti hyam McCallum
Hamer James sheaf
O’Hare
Biamou gyo

ccfcmad1

After last night showing it dosent fill you with confidence for obvious reasons just got to hope something clicks as the next three games are massive in fight for survival, I don't really no what the answer Is come on Robins kick them in to gear!

Magwitch

Moving on from last night I hope we change the system we can beat these if we set up correct.Play 3 across midfield and let O’Hare play his best position CAM 2 up front beats them.

Marosi
Dabo osti hyam McCallum
Hamer James sheaf
O’Hare
Biamou gyo
I would go with that, yesterday first half we enjoyed most the possession and even the commentators said we were unlucky to be going in a goal down but we had one shot at goal O’Hares second minute chance and I think that was the only shot at goal all game, that’s not good enough. I could be tempted to put Giles in for his pace to get at the Wednesday back line just a thought.

edgy

I fear last nights comprehensive scoreline and the return of our early season leaky defence, will have Robins worried about these next set of fixtures.

I cant see anything different to our approach of trying to get to 70 mins at 0-0.

Brighton Sky Blue

McF’s stupidity means we will be 4 at the back out of necessity, with stodge in the midfield and a lone striker in a game we need to be aiming to win. Perfect storm but Robins can’t do much about it

cc84cov

McF’s stupidity means we will be 4 at the back out of necessity, with stodge in the midfield and a lone striker in a game we need to be aiming to win. Perfect storm but Robins can’t do much about it
He can’t ? How’s this look ?

Marosi
Dabo osti hyam mccallum
Hamer James sheaf
O’Hare
Biamou Gyo

To me it looks our strongest side bar mcfadz for hyam

SeaSeeEffCee

I don’t see how he keeps last nights system any more
The same system produced our best performance of the season the game before at Millwall. The problem last night was that we pushed our full backs up too high and didn't have enough in midfield to cope with how Reading were playing. The shape was all wrong for that game.

cc84cov

The same system produced our best performance of the season the game before at Millwall. The problem last night was that we pushed our full backs up too high and didn't have enough in midfield to cope with how Reading were playing. The shape was all wrong for that game.
So he’s not tactically at the level ? I for one don’t think he is

Limey

Sheaf may drop into central defence to keep the same system.

Fwiw, I thought we largely bossed the midfield (particularly first half). Dabo and Sam need to get up high to provide the width. The 46th min goal killed us last night. Naivety and poor finishing took all the wind out of our sails.

shmmeee

One of these:

Maroši
Dacosta Østigård Hyam
Dabo Sheaf James McCallum
Hamer Bapaga
Györkeres

or

Maroši
Dabo Østigård Hyam McCallum
Sheaf James
O’Hare Hamer Bapaga
Györkeres

Or even (bit out there):

Maroši
Hamer James Allen
Bapaga Györkeres Giles

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not sure about 4 at the back as that really seems to stifle Dabo and he plays poorly. Although I don't think he's ready yet it is tempting to consider bapaga next to O'Hare if we don't go two up top, which with Biamou's supposed injury may not be an option.

Sheaf to play in a three in mid but drop back into a more CD position when opp have the ball? Other options are McCallum or Dacosta into centre (prob Dacosta given number of loans)

Next few games also have to consider bringing Giles in on the left. If we don't play him against some of the struggling sides at home then when's he likely to play?

Marosi
Dabo Osti Hyam Giles
Hamer Sheaf James
O'hare Bapaga
Gyokeres​

Wilson, Pask, Dacosta, Shipley, Allen, Eccles, Biamou, Baka

Frostie

If it was me...

Maroši
Dabo Thompson Østigård Hyam McCallum
Hamer James Sheaf
O'Hare
Gyökeres

lord_garrincha

Great! I have a whole week to throw a large amount of bullshit on this thread (formation, 2 up front, tactics, jumpers for goalposts etc.) in the vain hope that some of it will stick so I can quote myself like a returning hero from WW2.

2-1 win... Unless Weds don't score, then it will be 1-0... If Weds score early... 2-2... If we score early... 3-1... If they have a man sent off 1st half and a couple of injuries... 0-0... If we sign and start with Armand Gnanduillet... TBC!!!

cc84cov

Great! I have a whole week to throw a large amount of bullshit on this thread (formation, 2 up front, tactics, jumpers for goalposts etc.) in the vain hope that some of it will stick so I can quote myself like a returning hero from WW2.

2-1 win... Unless Weds don't score, then it will be 1-0... If Weds score early... 2-2... If we score early... 3-1... If they have a man sent off 1st half and a couple of injuries... 0-0... If we sign and start with Armand Gnanduillet... TBC!!!
Armand would allow 2 up front 😁 with max carrying I think 1 striker stays and probably Allen comes in

johnwillomagic

Right I'm going full Mike Bassett against these with a 4-4-2 utilising our best remaining players and being attacking as at home against a side below us so need to target three points on the flanks in midfield O'Hare on the right as he seems to be there most game and works well with Dabo and Giles on left utilises his best to get down the flank and ping in the crosses - less defensive responsibility as he has McCallum behind him best team and formation by a mile.......we won't do it though probably. Marosi back for me too,

Marosi

Dabo Osti Hyam McCallum

O'Hare James Hamer Giles

Gyokeres Biamou

Brighton Sky Blue

Right I'm going full Mike Bassett against these with a 4-4-2 utilising our best remaining players and being attacking as at home against a side below us so need to target three points on the flanks in midfield O'Hare on the right as he seems to be there most game and works well with Dabo and Giles on left utilises his best to get down the flank and ping in the crosses - less defensive responsibility as he has McCallum behind him best team and formation by a mile.......we won't do it though probably. Marosi back for me too,

Marosi

Dabo Osti Hyam McCallum

O'Hare James Hamer Giles

Gyokeres Biamou

Your selection leaves no room for Sheaf on the bench?

johnwillomagic

Yep it is harsh but I would rather have Giles for this game and go at them - James & Hamer I rate more highly than Sheaf and Allen has played that holding role well - unlucky to be dropped tbh and could come on from bench there if needed ......and Shipley but Allen is obvious sub for me.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

One of these:

Maroši
Dacosta Østigård Hyam
Dabo Sheaf James McCallum
Hamer Bapaga
Györkeres

or

Maroši
Sheaf James
O’Hare Hamer Bapaga
Györkeres

Or even (bit out there):

Maroši
Hamer James Allen
Bapaga Györkeres Giles

The 5 at the back just isn't working for me. Even though Dabo is one of our best players, it is a lost cause every game because we don't capitalise on his creativity. With McFadzean out, it gives us a chance to change something anyway.

I like the look of your 4-3-3 with Allen in there. I would still play O'Hare in the front three even though he is dog shit in front of goal. The energy and fight is something we need at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread