Seppala at the SCG Meeting... (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

And the same with Anderson. For all we know he also spoke about a new stadium but the CT have chosen to focus on remaining at the Ricoh.

CA could always ask for a correction, trot of down the road to see Les at the observer or even use the clubs website to say otherwise. That's a luxury we'll never get from the SCG minutes.

chiefdave

CA could always ask for a correction. trot of down the road to see Les at the observer or even use the clubs website to say otherwise. That's a luxury we'll never get from the SCG minutes.

Why would he need a correction if it was something he said? Wasn't saying it was made up just that it may not have been the only thing he said.

skybluetony176

Why would he need a correction if it was something he said? Wasn't saying it was made up just that it may not have been the only thing he said.

Still, like I pointed out if he's got anything to add that wasn't mentioned he has the outlets to do that. We have one shot of the SCG minutes and that's it.

shmmeee

SISU in couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery shocker.

Occam's razor guys. It could be that there's a wide scale conspiracy taking in media and politics and fans. Or it could just be Seppala hasn't a fucking clue how to run a club. I know which one is more likely.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Think its a fair point, if Anderson felt the article misrepresented his actual views or twisted his words to suit a certain point of view then he could have set the record straight if he wanted to.

AFCCOVENTRY

It's not even worth thinking about any of it. Only worry when something concrete happens. Other than that it's all finger in the air chat....

Calista

Everything SISU do seem to be wrong? Still contradicting each other over the need for our stadium. The break even figure 11000 oops no it's 14000. JS admiting they got it totally wrong up to 2012 trusting the wrong people. They claim to be financial experts? Still looks like it is one step forward one step back with them. However much I try to give them another chance they keep tripping themselves up.

Yep. Supporting the Sky Blues has been the natural thing to do for the whole of my life, even when things weren’t going well on the pitch. But this lot have made it harder and f***ing harder to stay on board. How do you follow something that’s slowly going round and round in circles?

stupot07

It was interesting that we had to beg wasps to allow the u18's youth cup game against Arsenal to be played at the Ricoh. If they were so awkward about that, Chris anderson's gonna find it hard to negotiate on 17 points....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Samo

Yep. Supporting the Sky Blues has been the natural thing to do for the whole of my life, even when things weren’t going well on the pitch. But this lot have made it harder and f***ing harder to stay on board. How do you follow something that’s slowly going round and round in circles?

Just keep turning in the same direction

dadgad

Very good post in a whirligig sort of way.

dongonzalos

Very good post expressing many a thought

Warwickhunt

That would explain next seasons budget then. If you missing out on your target by a 5th most weeks.
Shame.
It shows how much needs to be done in that negotiation by CA if even in this deal we need a 14k crowd to break even.
Let's hope he can work his magic and get that down to 10k

So most of the other teams have an average gate of 7400 Burton, Walsall and Gills they seem to be managing ok

Terry Gibson's perm

So she turns up to meet the self important group must have been difficult for her having to sit in front of a group of people kissing her Arse, she has a moan about the cost of sacking Pressley how much has it cost to employ and remove her idiot ceo's (who gave Pressley the long contract).

i can't be bothered to look back but there seems to be a lot more people attending this meeting than normally bother going(especially from the club people like Scope)

It still gives no credibility to this group and it should still be disbanded as it has been further damaged with Garlick getting the role of vc.

CJ_covblaze

So she turns up to meet the self important group must have been difficult for her having to sit in front of a group of people kissing her Arse, she has a moan about the cost of sacking Pressley how much has it cost to employ and remove her idiot ceo's (who gave Pressley the long contract).

i can't be bothered to look back but there seems to be a lot more people attending this meeting than normally bother going(especially from the club people like Scope)

It still gives no credibility to this group and it should still be disbanded as it has been further damaged with Garlick getting the role of vc.

At what point did I kiss her arse?

mrtrench

I suspect they excluded something from the 11k numbers - such as interest due on debt for example.

Sky Blue Kid

Keep those a**es squeaking like a blood orange guys, I'll give it another month and Sepalla will be at the next meeting saying, "Sorry it should be 22k to break even in league 1" Now where and when did I hear that one before? :thinking about:

dongonzalos

I get the impression that once they have agreed s stated position she sticks to it.
So we will never return to Coventry
Then we will never return to the Ricoh as tenants.
She sticks to the mantra until the last minute
Now it is we have to build our own stadium.
We all seem to know that not feasible.
So she will keep saying it whilst Mr Anderson negotiates.
Hopefully he can get a good deal as in my opinion we will be staying no matter what and it's just a case of getting the best we can.
I also pay no attention to the we won't have a partnership with Wasps. It is unlikely but there would be no question if the right deal was on the table it would happen. They have always admitted they are seeking other investors so why couldn't that be Wasps.

Last edited:

Calista

Ms Seppala appears to be saying that we were run by the wrong people until 2012. But the things that have happened since then represent an improvement, and everybody at the club is working to a clear plan that the fans understand. Thank goodness for that.

We need a rent reduction, well actually it’s not the rent it’s the match-day revenues, or rather it’s all the revenues, because we can’t possibly afford not to have them, although we only want them if the loan is paid off, and when we said we’d give the charity £5m we meant £2m as a favour because it’s not worth anything really, and the real value of the stadium is not in the revenues anyway but in the land development potential, and now you’ve reduced the rent we can’t afford to use the stadium so we’ve disconnected that non-trading part of the club, and moved to Northampton in the West Midlands, because we don’t want exposure to the City Council, so we won’t be coming back until we’ve built a new stadium in the Coventry area, for which we’ve had very productive meetings with other local authorities, so we’ll announce the site very soon, but we are still interested in buying the stadium, but not unless all the contracts are paid off, so we won’t interfere with Wasps buying the stadium, sorry we meant the new stadium is actually in Coventry, and we need the help of the City Council because we owe it to the fans, and owning a stadium is crucial, but we don’t actually need to own a stadium, although we don’t want risk exposure to Wasps, so we’ll pursue a long-term arrangement with Wasps, by which we mean a short-term arrangement while we pursue our medium-term strategy of owning a stadium, during which time we definitely won’t fund any operating losses, but we might if it means getting to the Premier League.

Joy I’m glad that you’re a fan now too, and that you attended the SCG to explain everything, but I hope you’ll forgive me for still being a bit confused.

letsallsingtogether

Sorry CJ not aimed at everybody on the group but she has hardly gone in with the lions there has she, are you allowed to say why Kev Monks resigned?
He resigned due to the closed shop within the group.
Both the chair and vice chair are from the same camp.
Unfortunately the way the group play musical chairs this will stay the norm.

Brylowes

Ms Seppala appears to be saying that we were run by the wrong people until 2012. But the things that have happened since then represent an improvement, and everybody at the club is working to a clear plan that the fans understand. Thank goodness for that.

We need a rent reduction, well actually it’s not the rent it’s the match-day revenues, or rather it’s all the revenues, because we can’t possibly afford not to have them, although we only want them if the loan is paid off, and when we said we’d give the charity £5m we meant £2m as a favour because it’s not worth anything really, and the real value of the stadium is not in the revenues anyway but in the land development potential, and now you’ve reduced the rent we can’t afford to use the stadium so we’ve disconnected that non-trading part of the club, and moved to Northampton in the West Midlands, because we don’t want exposure to the City Council, so we won’t be coming back until we’ve built a new stadium in the Coventry area, for which we’ve had very productive meetings with other local authorities, so we’ll announce the site very soon, but we are still interested in buying the stadium, but not unless all the contracts are paid off, so we won’t interfere with Wasps buying the stadium, sorry we meant the new stadium is actually in Coventry, and we need the help of the City Council because we owe it to the fans, and owning a stadium is crucial, but we don’t actually need to own a stadium, although we don’t want risk exposure to Wasps, so we’ll pursue a long-term arrangement with Wasps, by which we mean a short-term arrangement while we pursue our medium-term strategy of owning a stadium, during which time we definitely won’t fund any operating losses, but we might if it means getting to the Premier League.

Joy I’m glad that you’re a fan now too, and that you attended the SCG to explain everything, but I hope you’ll forgive me for still being a bit confused.
After years of confusion & darkness,suddenly everything makes sense.
Thanks

Steve.B50

I certainly did not kiss any arse!

Users who are viewing this thread