Seppala at the SCG Meeting... (2 Viewers)

Astute

I'd avoid any formal and official link with them all together. Still, some never learn from mistakes.

So you go on about we need more match day income. You know there isn't a new ground being built. You don't want us moving out of Coventry. But you also don't want us making closer links with Wasps.

We need to do something. And our options are evaporating. If working a bit closer together benefits our future I would be happy for us to explore it. We have had enough years of doing nothing of benefit.

stupot07

That's not an option

There are a number of options available which involves no formal partnership with wasps, including the current rental agreement which is a landlord - tenant relationship not a partnership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

dongonzalos

Ms Seppala appears to be saying that we were run by the wrong people until 2012. But the things that have happened since then represent an improvement, and everybody at the club is working to a clear plan that the fans understand. Thank goodness for that.

We need a rent reduction, well actually it’s not the rent it’s the match-day revenues, or rather it’s all the revenues, because we can’t possibly afford not to have them, although we only want them if the loan is paid off, and when we said we’d give the charity £5m we meant £2m as a favour because it’s not worth anything really, and the real value of the stadium is not in the revenues anyway but in the land development potential, and now you’ve reduced the rent we can’t afford to use the stadium so we’ve disconnected that non-trading part of the club, and moved to Northampton in the West Midlands, because we don’t want exposure to the City Council, so we won’t be coming back until we’ve built a new stadium in the Coventry area, for which we’ve had very productive meetings with other local authorities, so we’ll announce the site very soon, but we are still interested in buying the stadium, but not unless all the contracts are paid off, so we won’t interfere with Wasps buying the stadium, sorry we meant the new stadium is actually in Coventry, and we need the help of the City Council because we owe it to the fans, and owning a stadium is crucial, but we don’t actually need to own a stadium, although we don’t want risk exposure to Wasps, so we’ll pursue a long-term arrangement with Wasps, by which we mean a short-term arrangement while we pursue our medium-term strategy of owning a stadium, during which time we definitely won’t fund any operating losses, but we might if it means getting to the Premier League.

Joy I’m glad that you’re a fan now too, and that you attended the SCG to explain everything, but I hope you’ll forgive me for still being a bit confused.

When you put it like that..........

Hobo

At the moment it is our only option to forge better links with Waps. For those who told me I should support SISU in Northampton for the good of the club...some of you may have swallow your pride around Wasps....because in the medium term they are our only option. At least we are playing back in Coventry.

chiefdave

Anderson has spoken to CWR and said that he has been slightly misinterpreted by the Telegraph who have chosen to focus on one aspect of his interview. Said that no option has been ruled out and a new ground is still one of the options under consideration.

Last edited:

stupot07

Anderson has spoken to CWR and said that he has been slightly misinterpreted who have chosen to focus on one aspect of his interview by the Telegraph. Said that no option has been ruled out and a new ground is still one of the options under consideration.

Quelle surprise....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Hobo

He did say all options were still on the table.
(Me) Some though are no more than smoke from a pipe, others are currently more negotiable.

Nick

Administrator
Anderson has spoken to CWR and said that he has been slightly misinterpreted by the Telegraph who have chosen to focus on one aspect of his interview. Said that no option has been ruled out and a new ground is still one of the options under consideration.
Shock horror.. They need a wooden spoon, they will have Peter ndlovu interviewed next week about the ground

Johnnythespider

The question for me is, what is her arse like ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hobo

Shock horror.. They need a wooden spoon, they will have Peter ndlovu interviewed next week about the ground

I heard him on CWR and the new ground didn't seem anywhere nearer than it has ever been. So we may as rule it out as an option for now. But SISU keep buying a weekly lottery ticket and stroking their rabbits foot so of course it might be different next week was the general gist.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

There are a number of options available which involves no formal partnership with wasps, including the current rental agreement which is a landlord - tenant relationship not a partnership.

Sick boy never said that. What he said isn't an option.

However on sepetate note to what you said yes you are right.
However you were also one who would very strongly dismiss the benefits for Wasps and CCFC of forming any form of closer working relationships.
However from what I can see if you remove building a new stadium or trying to wait until Wasps break.
There is no other sensible option than trying to approach them and secure a long term deal opening up revenue streams and cutting costs through partnership working.
You would be a bit nuts not to ask the question if your genuine sole main concern was the future of CCFC.

dongonzalos

It was quite clear in his interview that option wasn't ruled out.
However what was different is its not the only option. Which is what has been thrown out most the time recently. Much to most people's dismissal.
He interview seemed more focused on getting the right deal with Wasps.
To do that I think they feel they need an alternative as a threat ( new stadium)

dadgad

How is it idiotic not wanting to have 2 hedge funds running the club? One of which moved their team 95 miles?

Try pragmatism
Try living in this world not Lala land.
This is business not outmoded idealism based on a dewy eyed view of an ethical standard.
Try not to get frothy mouthed about anything that doesn't conform to your rigid perspectives.

Astute

How is it idiotic not wanting to have 2 hedge funds running the club? One of which moved their team 95 miles?

And a realistic way of CCFC moving forward in your view is.........

I don't want any hedge funds running our football club. Not even one who only moved their club 35 miles. But there are not many realistic options.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Try pragmatism
Try living in this world not Lala land.
This is business not outmoded idealism based on a dewy eyed view of an ethical standard.
Try not to get frothy mouthed about anything that doesn't conform to your rigid perspectives.

It's strange you didn't tell that to those complaining when ccdc were in Northampton.

Astute

I genuinely have no idea- I would rather support an amateur side that any club owned by sisu and the franchise.

Don't worry. Our amateur owners could end up doing that to our own football club yet :(

Nick

Administrator
It was quite clear in his interview that option wasn't ruled out.
However what was different is its not the only option. Which is what has been thrown out most the time recently. Much to most people's dismissal.
He interview seemed more focused on getting the right deal with Wasps.
To do that I think they feel they need an alternative as a threat ( new stadium)
He said that when he first came though?

stupot07

Sick boy never said that. What he said isn't an option.

However on sepetate note to what you said yes you are right.
However you were also one who would very strongly dismiss the benefits for Wasps and CCFC of forming any form of closer working relationships.
However from what I can see if you remove building a new stadium or trying to wait until Wasps break.
There is no other sensible option than trying to approach them and secure a long term deal opening up revenue streams and cutting costs through partnership working.
You would be a bit nuts not to ask the question if your genuine sole main concern was the future of CCFC.

I am dead against wasps buying us out or a merger, I am pragmatic enough to know and accept we will have to work with them. Doesn't mean I can't also want them to fail and take pleasure of every poor crowd or loss.

Unless we co own ACL with them, it will never be a proper partnership. Identity and heritage is far more important than money. You should go and read that article by wycombes supporters trust on the impact of their "partnership" with wasps.

The Gentleman

stupot07;1053532[B said:
]I am dead against wasps buying us out or a merger[/B], I am pragmatic enough to know and accept we will have to work with them. Doesn't mean I can't also want them to fail and take pleasure of every poor crowd or loss.

Unless we co own ACL with them, it will never be a proper partnership. Identity and heritage is far more important than money. You should go and read that article by wycombes supporters trust on the impact of their "partnership" with wasps.

Would you rather us owned by Sisu and in League 1 or owned by Wasps in the Championship? Because you continually say that we could not survive in the Championship on our current model but if Wasps owned us then surely by your way of thinking, we might survive? I thought we should support the team and not the owners

Hobo

It's strange you didn't tell that to those complaining when ccdc were in Northampton.

We didn't have to move to Northampton though. But at the moment short to medium term we have to work with Wasps to move our club forward. That is the difference.

stupot07

Would you rather us owned by Sisu and in League 1 or owned by Wasps in the Championship? Because you continually say that we could not survive in the Championship on our current model but if Wasps owned us then surely by your way of thinking, we might survive? I thought we should support the team and not the owners

Why would being owned by wasps mean we would have the right model for the championship? They have a loss making European rugby team, a loss making arena (based on previous accounts, a £35 million in bonds to pay back in 7 years and £2m pa interest to pay out to bond holders. Do you really think they will be throw the money required to be be a decent championship club.....

"Support the team not the owners" - didn't realise you went to Sixfields....

The Gentleman

Why would being owned by wasps mean we would have the right model for the championship? They have a loss making European rugby team, a loss making arena (based on previous accounts, a £35 million in bonds to pay back in 7 years and £2m pa interest to pay out to bond holders. Do you really think they will be throw the money required to be be a decent championship club.....

"Support the team not the owners" - didn't realise you went to Sixfields....

You're always telling us that we need access to revenues, so would being owned by Wasps give us access to revenues? I'm only using what you've said.

Oh and I don't go to away games

stupot07

You're always telling us that we need access to revenues, so would being owned by Wasps give us access to revenues? I'm only using what you've said.

Oh and I don't go to away games

Given the rugby club and the debt is their priority, I would think it would be likely they would continue to divert Ye revenues to fund those 2 elements and just run the football club breakeven on the current revenue access levels.

It will never happen so we will never find out. And to answer your initial question I would rather than owned by sisu than wasps.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

''We have ascertained that the 11,000 crowd break even figure, which we predicted at the start of the season, is inaccurate and it is actually more like 14,000, on a constant yield basis.''

WTF? Inaccurate by 3K?

Sorry if this has already been posted.

A few days hard at work and return to a little defeat and this.

Alas, 10 characters stopped me just posting.

lol

dongonzalos

Given the rugby club and the debt is their priority, I would think it would be likely they would continue to divert Ye revenues to fund those 2 elements and just run the football club breakeven on the current revenue access levels.

It will never happen so we will never find out. And to answer your initial question I would rather than owned by sisu than wasps.

If it would be better for CCFC I assume you would rather us owned by Wasps than SISU?

stupot07

If it would be better for CCFC I assume you would rather us owned by Wasps than SISU?

No, I am 100% against wasps owning us and I can't see how it will be better for ccfc. It is never going to happen, so we will never have to cross that bridge.

If wasps bought us, that would be me done.

Users who are viewing this thread