Selling the training ground (1 Viewer)

peeler

wasps are looking to build houses aint they? why no thread or reports on that?

Slightly different, the owners of Wasps (Not Wasps themselves) are looking to build houses on unused land, SISU are looking to build house on land that happens to be the football clubs traning ground, classic asset stripping.

covmark

How anybody can back or make excuses for the cancer that have systematically destroyed this club is beyond me , we are screwed
Who backs them and who makes excuses for them?
Cancer ffs. Go and have a word with yourself you big queen.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
the pitch replacement would need to be in the RBC area wouldn't it?

Everything is charged to ARVO so any funds are technically due to that entity

Didn't Mogga say that one of the selling points for attracting new players was the standard of the training facilities? (having seen them the pitches are great but the buildings not so) Renting someone elses going to do that? Building new one will take time and additional funds

Can RBC or anyone else have confidence in assurances given.

If we raised £2m then would that pay for a new training ground, the Fleetwood one that just opened cost £6.5m. So the logic would be we are selling something in order to borrow more to replace it (if it is replaced)

Perhaps they will share with another sports team, I cant see it being Wasps, so CRFC or even Broadstreet ?

Just seems further evidence of an internet based zombie company that struggles to put a competitive team on the pitch or to engage on even a half decent level with its customers - us the fans

jimmyhillsfanclub

This is a bit too depressing for a sunny Friday ain't it......

We can always hope for this to turns out as vicious CT spin or that there is a valid & even positive reason for these meetings.....

...I know its clutching at straws but what else can we do....

....Well, being self employed, I know what I can do...it involves rizla & alcohol.....and I'm off to do it right now...

Try and have a HAPPY FRIDAY folks.

ajsccfc

Are Wasps definitely building houses there? Allard Way will be a right bitch in the mornings.

Esoterica

I wish the FL would grow a pair and at least threaten to remove the golden share unless they come fully clean with their plans - I mean they must look at this and say 'Hang on a minute - half a year left on your academy, 18 months left on your stadium rent, trying to sell your training ground, what the hell is going on?'

skybluetony176

I wish the FL would grow a pair and at least threaten to remove the golden share unless they come fully clean with their plans - I mean they must look at this and say 'Hang on a minute - half a year left on your academy, 18 months left on your stadium rent, trying to sell your training ground, what the hell is going on?'

You'd think.

Frankley

There is something that doesn't quite add up in the documents published on Rugby Borough Council's website.

There is mention of a site on Leamington Road in Ryton:

"DS3.9 Leamington Road, Ryton on Dunsmore** Up to 75 [houses]"

This is where the club has it's training ground, but the local plan doesn't actually say it's the training ground that is being proposed for housing.

Rugby Borough Council has also published maps to go with the local plan, if you look at the maps there are two areas marked which are behind where what I know as 'Sky Blue Lodge' is.

upload_2016-9-23_12-22-19.png

I've only ever been to the Sky Blue Connection, at the other end of the site. Does anyone know if the clubs training pitches are on the sites marked S16008 and S16009?

dongonzalos

the pitch replacement would need to be in the RBC area wouldn't it?

Everything is charged to ARVO so any funds are technically due to that entity

Didn't Mogga say that one of the selling points for attracting new players was the standard of the training facilities? (having seen them the pitches are great but the buildings not so) Renting someone elses going to do that? Building new one will take time and additional funds

Can RBC or anyone else have confidence in assurances given.

If we raised £2m then would that pay for a new training ground, the Fleetwood one that just opened cost £6.5m. So the logic would be we are selling something in order to borrow more to replace it (if it is replaced)

Perhaps they will share with another sports team, I cant see it being Wasps, so CRFC or even Broadstreet ?

Just seems further evidence of an internet based zombie company that struggles to put a competitive team on the pitch or to engage on even a half decent level with its customers - us the fans

We still have the Ricoh as a selling point........

dongonzalos

There is something that doesn't quite add up in the documents published on Rugby Borough Council's website.

There is mention of a site on Leamington Road in Ryton:

"DS3.9 Leamington Road, Ryton on Dunsmore** Up to 75 [houses]"

This is where the club has it's training ground, but the local plan doesn't actually say it's the training ground that is being proposed for housing.

Rugby Borough Council has also published maps to go with the local plan, if you look at the maps there are two areas marked which are behind where what I know as 'Sky Blue Lodge' is.

View attachment 5667

I've only ever been to the Sky Blue Connection, at the other end of the site. Does anyone know if the clubs training pitches are on the sites marked S16008 and S16009?

Main pitch is at the front between the lodge and the connexion

olderskyblue

Does anyone know if the clubs training pitches are on the sites marked S16008 and S16009?

You see where it says "sports fields" ?

bawtryneal

I think all the latest issues, Ryton, Higgs Centre and the Ricoh debacle all add up to one thing .....
Wasps will buy/takeover CCFC in the next year.

shelby76

Bet the fucking council approve planning permission, if they approve the plans there as culpable as sisu, unbelievable.

Last edited:

clint van damme

Exactly where I am mate, I seem to have been following this car crash
For an eternity now, somethings got to give.
The thought of them staying and the club keep shrinking is unbearable,
Would much rather the car stopped spinning, they get out and leave ,
We assess the damage work out a way forward and carry on.
I'm the same, I don't have this optimism that every thing is going to be rosy when they've gone but I'd rather they fucked off and lets see what happens, this is death by a thousand cuts, it's intolerable.

Frankley

I do wonder about the clause in the local plan about the training ground site:

"Implementation of site allocation DS3.9 can only occur when adequate replacement of pitch provision is made to the satisfaction of Rugby Borough Council and Sport England in accordance with national planning policy."

The condition seems to imply there needs to be the development of new pitches elsewhere, not the sharing of existing pitches. Also, I wonder whether there would be any geographic limitations on the provision of any new pitches (would they need to be in Ryton, or Rugby Borough, or within a certain distance of the existing facility).

There are a lot of unanswered questions here.

Otis

I'm working out how we can blame CCC, Wasps or the CT for this....
We'll find a way I'm sure.

It's Wasps and CCC conspiring together to play mind tricks and black magic on Sisu, therefore forcing them to sell up under hypnosis.

SkyBlueSid

I remember when you could go and watch the team train, and the kids could collect autographs afterwards. I believe they stopped all that and kept everyone away from training.

So I am wondering how they are going to keep the public away when they are training at the Memorial Park.

Users who are viewing this thread