Seating Plan Released (2 Viewers)

Mcbean

i would have thought if crowds are limited due to social distancing measures, more not less of the ground would have to be opened up , after all reducing capacity to comply with social distancing measures would be pointless if you then lump everyone together and leave entire stands empty.
Why not just do what every other club in the league do and open up the ground.
Cost a fortune to steward

Brylowes

Cost a fortune to steward
Really !!
How many championship clubs sell out every week, or even sell 50% 70% of capacity, why don’t they all close stands.
This move will just suppress sales and ultimately cost the club money.

Evo1883

Really !!
How many championship clubs sell out every week, or even sell 50% 70% of capacity, why don’t they all close stands.
I think I read somewhere that it costs 5000 to either steward or open the North stand.. If that's true then we save 115 k a season by keeping it shut... Unless ofcourse we need to open it

I'd imagine if you won't go because 1 stand is shut, you weren't going to go anyway

Brylowes

I think I read somewhere that it costs 5000 to either steward or open the North stand.. If that's true then we save 115 k a season by keeping it shut... Unless ofcourse we need to open it
So why are we the only club to do it ?

Liquid Gold

That was probably on our old deal. Other clubs aren't rattling around in a stadium they're nowhere near filling, paying extra rent block by block and not allowed to employ their own stewards.

Hopefully the new deal isn't as punitive.

skybluesam66

i would have thought if crowds are limited due to social distancing measures, more not less of the ground would have to be opened up , after all reducing capacity to comply with social distancing measures would be pointless if you then lump everyone together and leave entire stands empty.
Why not just do what every other club in the league do and open up the ground.
if not full capacity initially, they will sit you where they want, and that may not be in the seat you paid for
it was in the announcement

Brylowes

if not full capacity initially, they will sit you where they want, and that may not be in the seat you paid for
it was in the announcement
What are you talking about, I’m on about the decision to not open the North stand until all other STs have sold.
I predict STs will sell really well until there’s about 1500 left, these 1500 will mostly be the front rows nearest the corner flags, most people aren’t interested in these seats ‘so you reach an impasse, people want to buy but not the tickets that are available, and the club won’t put more popular tickets on sale because they haven’t sold the first lot.

chiefdave

Are we the only club to do it? Sure I've been to away games where stands have been shut.

If you compare our attendances on a percentage capacity basis we're regularly the bottom of the pile. Last 6 seasons at the Ricoh have averages between 9K and 12K in a stadium that holds 32K.

There's only one way to prove the club wrong on this and that's to have 20K plus turning up every week. Is anyone realistically expecting that?

chiefdave

What are you talking about, I’m on about the decision to not open the North stand until all other STs have sold.
I predict STs will sell really well until there’s about 1500 left, these 1500 will mostly be the front rows nearest the corner flags, most people aren’t interested in these seats ‘so you reach an impasse, people want to buy but not the tickets that are available, and the club won’t put more popular tickets on sale because they haven’t sold the first lot.
When we've had the same blocks open in the past and 8K attendances there's been loads of empty seats. I sit in block 20 and there's been games where you could practically have a row to yourself so we aren't going to get down to single seats or just front rows unless they remove the 8K restriction.

Brylowes

When we've had the same blocks open in the past and 8K attendances there's been loads of empty seats. I sit in block 20 and there's been games where you could practically have a row to yourself so we aren't going to get down to single seats or just front rows unless they remove the 8K restriction.
That’s a good point tbf, I was working on the assumption that the 8000 available season tickets was the same as the number of seats available.
So how many seats are actually available as STs then, the capacity is 32.600, the North stand is closed (at what capacity) 7.500 South stand 7.500 :unsure: so maybe 17000 available for ST holders.
Im guessing at stadium capacity numbers but if that’s the case , it’s not nearly as bad as I first thought.

chiefdave

That’s a good point tbf, I was working on the assumption that the 8000 available season tickets was the same as the number of seats available.
So how many seats are actually available as STs then, the capacity is 32.600, the North stand is closed (at what capacity) 7.500 South stand 7.500 :unsure: so maybe 17000 available for ST holders.
Im guessing at stadium capacity numbers but if that’s the case , it’s not nearly as bad as I first thought.
If the entire away section is used that's 6K, starts from block 6 and goes to 13(?). So as a very rough calculation double that then add in the seats in the corporate blocks which I assume aren't counted in the 8K. Even if there's 4K of those you've still got twice as many seats as you've got tickets going on sale.

D

Deleted member 11652

The club have said that you can purchase a season ticket and move it to the North Stand if the North Stand is open.

Brylowes

If the entire away section is used that's 6K, starts from block 6 and goes to 13(?). So as a very rough calculation double that then add in the seats in the corporate blocks which I assume aren't counted in the 8K. Even if there's 4K of those you've still got twice as many seats as you've got tickets going on sale.
Yes agreed, though I’m sure Leeds, Leicester, Chelsea and West Ham have all had 7000+ in that end, but yeah it looks like about 15 - 16 thousand seats available.
They have had individual games in the past where they’ve insisted on selling almost every seat before opening new blocks in the North stand, I was concerned they were trying to do the same with season tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread