Season Ticket Sales (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Think there Is a danger here that diluting the price of ST's even to current levels may dilute the product on the field.
We are currently cheaper than
Nuneaton Town and Coventry RFC but have
far higher overheads.

It's only one fool going on about it tbf

stupot07

Think there Is a danger here that diluting the price of ST's even to current levels may dilute the product on the field.
far higher overheads.

I know it's bonkers. I wonder how many other clubs football forums are moaning that their club has only reduced ST prices by 25-30%?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

From the man who pisses himself laughing at thought of people wanting to support CCFC. That comment alone was enough to know all I need to know about you

No I pissed myself laughing at you saying we have great fans as it is clearly a lie, I want as many people as possible to support CCFC. Sadly the majority in this city just don't want to support the football club.

Ashdown

The prices are fine, probably about right for this level and the disposable income of the average City fan. The stumbling block still remains as the minimal improvement so far of a squad that just escaped the drop last year and provided such poor entertainment. All that said I still think a fair few will have plumped for the match packages.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If Dong was really about supporting the club he'd be encouraging people to buy as many season tickets and match packages as possible, not giving them more reasons and excuses to not go by telling them the price is too high.

NorthernWisdom

far higher overheads.

Yep.

FWIW reducing prices and getting more fans in is great long term - it hooks them in and makes them fans for life. Tends not to work short term though as it reduces income. The Bradford chairman was warning a couple of seasons ago they might not be able to subsidise it much longer, but they've had some success so clearly see a chance to embed themselves further.

But that's why you'd do it - the long term benefits when you hoik prices back up, not for the short term.

Ashdown

Yep.

FWIW reducing prices and getting more fans in is great long term - it hooks them in and makes them fans for life. Tends not to work short term though as it reduces income. The Bradford chairman was warning a couple of seasons ago they might not be able to subsidise it much longer, but they've had some success so clearly see a chance to embed themselves further.

But that's why you'd do it - the long term benefits when you hoik prices back up, not for the short term.

The benefits for other clubs of course are to get the bodies through the gates and milk them for a few extra quid each match...............of course that barely applies to us with our current set up.

dongonzalos

The benefits for other clubs of course are to get the bodies through the gates and milk them for a few extra quid each match...............of course that barely applies to us with our current set up.

We do get access to match day revenue
So the more through the doors not only from the ticket sales but also from other sales boosts the coffers

dongonzalos

Yep.

Common sense.
The Bradford chairman is a fan of the club. So he does what's best in the clubs interest

dongonzalos

If Dong was really about supporting the club he'd be encouraging people to buy as many season tickets and match packages as possible, not giving them more reasons and excuses to not go by telling them the price is too high.

If you were really about supporting the club you would have a clue about its potential and not give the owners ideas that 12k stadiums are sufficient
With your demissive comments about its support base.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Here is your comment

As I say tells me all I need to know about you

Yea so like I said I pissed myself laughing at your opinion that we have great fans which is what I just said on the last page you simpleton.

What makes our fans great then? Is it that last season we averaged lower than Barnsley, MK Dons, Bradford, Bristol and Preston last season?

Is it that we have averaged lower last year than Leicester, Norwich, Southampton, Portsmouth, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, Huddersfield, Charlton, Swansea, Millwall and Wolverhampton when they were in L1

dongonzalos

Yea so like I said I pissed myself laughing at your opinion that we have great fans which is what I just said on the last page you simpleton.

What makes our fans great then? Is it that last season we averaged lower than Barnsley, MK Dons, Bradford, Bristol and Preston last season?

Is it that we have averaged lower last year than Leicester, Norwich, Southampton, Portsmouth, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, Huddersfield, Charlton, Swansea, Millwall and Wolverhampton when they were in L1

It's your moronic comment that no one wants to support CCFC.
It's such you have a complete lack of understanding of the potential our club has.
Which also suggests that not only are you ignorant but also a tad thick.

stupot07

We do get access to match day revenue
So the more through the doors not only from the ticket sales but also from other sales boosts the coffers

We get 50%, which if we take ACL's answers from the FAQ's is pretty much peanuts, in fact OSB wrote a post on here about how we probably get less income now with 50% F&B's and parking than we did when we got when rented the car park and got 100% profits.

From the the FAQ:

Match-day F&B Turnover in 11/12 season was £1,010,992, with Nett Profit of £119,903. (15,118 average - 347,714 = £2.90 spend per head/ £0.35 profit per head so 50% for us would be 17.5p per head profit.) peanuts. So 3k extras would bring in just £12k addition revenue (profit) through F&B agains your losses of what £300k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's such you have a complete lack of understanding of the potential our club has.
Well those who don't attend clearly don't want to support the club, if they did they would be there (excluding those who have reasonable circumstances such as work commitments, travel etc.)

The irony of you calling someone ignorant and thick, no one agrees with you and you are making a bigger tit of yourself than usual.

Answer my point, if we have such great fans why did all those clubs average more than us (in a lot of cases significantly more) when they were in league 1.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
The proof is in the pudding isn't it, potential means nothing when not many can be bothered to get off their arse and go unless it's cheap or we are winning every week.

Surely if we had amazing fans there would be there week in week out if we were paying real madrid or fleetwood? If people wanted to support the club they would surely?

You keep going on about people loving the club and stuff, so they will be at the ricoh every week?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Measure our support against those clubs when we finally challenge for promotion in this league like all the others did

cba to go through it again but it wasn't always plain sailing for those clubs. Bradford and Barnsley didn't challenge last year and Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday, Preston, Huddersfield all had poor seasons in league 1. We obviously know the troubles Portsmouth had as I've brought it up in this thread, when Southampton were first relegated to league 1 they had -10 points and were getting 20k still

dongonzalos

Well those who don't attend clearly don't want to support the club, if they did they would be there (excluding those who have reasonable circumstances such as work commitments, travel etc.)

The irony of you calling someone ignorant and thick, no one agrees with you and you are making a bigger tit of yourself than usual.

Answer my point, if we have such great fans why did all those clubs average more than us (in a lot of cases significantly more) when they were in league 1.

The last season in the championship despite rekegation we averaged 15-16k
Our first season in league one we were the third most supported team. Despite how that season panned out.

The away support during the Sixfields debarcle showed feeling amongst the fans.

After that people were still protesting against the owners and yet we were still the 6th or 7th most supported team in the division.

Yet we have never given our fans a 3rd place finish or av6th place finish.

So yes I disagree with you we have great fans who have suffered loads.

The potential is there and the likes of yourselves create a self fulfilling prophesy of negativity by running the club and your fellow fans down

SkyBlue_Bear83

Our first season in league one we were the third most supported team. Despite how that season panned out.

After that people were still protesting against the owners and yet we were still the 6th or 7th most supported team in the division.

The potential is there and the likes of yourselves create a self fulfilling prophesy of negativity by running the club and your fellow fans down

Where are they then?

They are so great that they only turn up if we are at the top of the league and all tickets are £5 every week? Doesn't sound like greatness to me.

You are the one trying to put people off attending my complaining about the price amongst other things.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

Ha, not the old self fulfilling prophesy. A favourite of Tony's isn't it?You are the one on here running the club down about the pricing of the season tickets etc. Have a look for the people on here who like to pick at the club for everything they do when they can and probably won't bother going to any games. You are barking up the wrong tree I think as you are the one giving it the negativity towards the club. Like I said before, you don't need to preach that to people who will probably be at a large % of the games week in week out.

If you want to moan about negativity towards the club, I suggest you have look at the people who have an issue with everything the club do. Have a look at the postage for season ticket thread or the "the club made me feel stupid" threads. They are the people you need to preach at, not the people who will be going every week.

Preach towards the people who aren't going up to the Ricoh and are included in this potential you speak about, tell them to get their arses up there rather than telling the people who will already be going and then making excuses for people not going.

You want people to stop being negative about the club, I await your posts encouraging people to get up to every game they can to support the team instead of trying your hardest to try and pick at the club having the third cheapest season tickets in the league as if that is a bad deal. I assume you will be on the threads congratulating the club when they do things right too as you are so positive about the club?

If committing to the season with season tickets, spending £100+ in the club shop when it opened is being negative I am not sure what is being positive. I assume it is sitting on your arse at home refusing to go until we have signed some top strikers for millions and season tickets are £100?

SlowerThanPlatt

cba to go through it again but it wasn't always plain sailing for those clubs. Bradford and Barnsley didn't challenge last year and Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday, Preston, Huddersfield all had poor seasons in league 1. We obviously know the troubles Portsmouth had as I've brought it up in this thread, when Southampton were first relegated to league 1 they had -10 points and were getting 20k still

7th isn't challenging? Bradford came up off a few giant killings, a major cup final and a play off final and obviously their board offered cheap STs to maintain the momentum - hardly comparable to us is it?

SkyBlue_Bear83

7th isn't challenging? Bradford came up off a few giant killings, a major cup final and a play off final and obviously their board offered cheap STs to maintain the momentum - hardly comparable to us is it?

They had a good season and flirted with the play offs but no they never really challenged. Still much better than our efforts

Ashdown

The proof is in the pudding isn't it, potential means nothing when not many can be bothered to get off their arse and go unless it's cheap or we are winning every week.

Surely if we had amazing fans there would be there week in week out if we were paying real madrid or fleetwood? If people wanted to support the club they would surely?

You keep going on about people loving the club and stuff, so they will be at the ricoh every week?

Do you think Real Madrid would get many if they were playing Fleetwood in the 3rd tier of the Spanish leagues ? Oh and they hadn't had a top 6 finish in 40 years and they had a reputed mammoth budget of £2.5 million to spend this year, not to mention playing in someone else's ground now with cunts for owners?

stupot07

Do you think Real Madrid would get many if they were playing Fleetwood in the 3rd tier of the Spanish leagues ? Oh and they hadn't had a top 6 finish in 40 years and they had a reputed mammoth budget of £2.5 million to spend this year, not to mention playing in someone else's ground now with cunts for owners?

£2.5m budget is pretty big for league one. Swindons was £2.2m last season I believe, and they finished 4th. With Bradfords STs that cheap, I wouldn't be surprised if our budget is bigger, despite lower attendances.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

They had a good season and flirted with the play offs but no they never really challenged. Still much better than our efforts

Well 7th would be our highest position in any league for a very very long time. Put it this way, they finished the same amount of points away from the play offs as we did to relegation so I'd say they were close and didn't just 'flirt'

Nick

Administrator
Isn't that quite a good budget for this league?

I think they would get a lot more than we do

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well 7th would be our highest position in any league for a very very long time. Put it this way, they finished the same amount of points away from the play offs as we did to relegation so I'd say they were close and didn't just 'flirt'

Bradford went on a decent run for the last 4 or 5 games when the play off places were already pretty much done. They were 10 points behind with 4 to play and then had a decent end to the end of the season which took them to 5 points off, never really seriously troubled the play offs in the second half of the season was always on the periphery floating between 8-12th.

dongonzalos

Where are they then?

They are so great that they only turn up if we are at the top of the league and all tickets are £5 every week? Doesn't sound like greatness to me.

You are the one trying to put people off attending my complaining about the price amongst other things.

Not complaining. Suggesting a way of increasing attendances. Which has proven to work by a club very similar to ourselves- Bradford.
They are not some super club we can't follow the lead on. They have come up with a great idea which works.
Complaining would be moaning and been derogatory about your own support base.

dongonzalos

Ha, not the old self fulfilling prophesy. A favourite of Tony's isn't it?You are the one on here running the club down about the pricing of the season tickets etc. Have a look for the people on here who like to pick at the club for everything they do when they can and probably won't bother going to any games. You are barking up the wrong tree I think as you are the one giving it the negativity towards the club. Like I said before, you don't need to preach that to people who will probably be at a large % of the games week in week out.

If you want to moan about negativity towards the club, I suggest you have look at the people who have an issue with everything the club do. Have a look at the postage for season ticket thread or the "the club made me feel stupid" threads. They are the people you need to preach at, not the people who will be going every week.

Preach towards the people who aren't going up to the Ricoh and are included in this potential you speak about, tell them to get their arses up there rather than telling the people who will already be going and then making excuses for people not going.

You want people to stop being negative about the club, I await your posts encouraging people to get up to every game they can to support the team instead of trying your hardest to try and pick at the club having the third cheapest season tickets in the league as if that is a bad deal. I assume you will be on the threads congratulating the club when they do things right too as you are so positive about the club?

If committing to the season with season tickets, spending £100+ in the club shop when it opened is being negative I am not sure what is being positive. I assume it is sitting on your arse at home refusing to go until we have signed some top strikers for millions and season tickets are £100?

It's a suggestion on how to increase attendances and start to win back those fans.
Bradford are comparable to us and they have made it work.
It is achievable.
Negative is saying we are Coventry it will never work for us our fans are crap (bullshit)
Those fans are there waiting to be won back.
Backing Mowbray with his strikers and building on the faith some are putting in him with a can't refuse price offer. We would see a significant rise in sales.

Last edited:

Grendel

Not complaining. Suggesting a way of increasing attendances. Which has proven to work by a club very similar to ourselves- Bradford.
They are not some super club we can't follow the lead on. They have come up with a great idea which works.

We have followed their lead and reduced prices.

The league have praised our efforts

Why slag off a club you claim to support?

SkyBlue_Bear83

All you've done is complain and moan you tit, its taken 8 years of consistently low prices of below £200 for it to get the sales they've had this year. Are Coventry fans prepared to wait that long or will they just moan and bitch when it means in the first few seasons we would have to reduce the budget to compensate?

I'm only critical of those supporters who don't turn up (without a good reason) and put a list of unreasonable criteria and conditions before they will support.

Grendel

All you've done is complain and moan you tit, its taken 8 years of consistently low prices of below £200 for it to get the sales they've had this year. Are Coventry fans prepared to wait that long or will they just moan and bitch when it means in the first few seasons we would have to reduce the budget to compensate?

Probably time to stop feeding the troll now I would suggest mate.

dongonzalos

£2.5m budget is pretty big for league one. Swindons was £2.2m last season I believe, and they finished 4th. With Bradfords STs that cheap, I wouldn't be surprised if our budget is bigger, despite lower attendances.

A player signed for Bradfird over us because they were paying a bit more.
Also with regards to challenging they had a good chance of getting in the play offs with only a few weeks left last season.
I am happy given like success that CCFC would have comparable attendances to those clubs mentioned by CCFC previously

Users who are viewing this thread