Season ticket sales drive from SISU (3 Viewers)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Somewhere along the line the original purpose of joining the football league has been forgotten. The original idea was not to make money, but to play sport at the highest level possible. Not to get to a point where you can just about break even and be content with messing around in a lower league. The people from the original Singer FC must be turning in their graves. Our conversation is based on realism, but it is a strange one nevertheless - saying, in effect, that it is not worth getting promoted as it would be too expensive or risky.

All that changed when the game turned proffessional actually probably before that,no different to any other sport there will always be people wanting to cash in.

Great_Expectations

To return to the original topic; TM signing a longer term deal (I'm classing two years as LT in today's football climate) and we hear from him, not a SISU mouthpiece, namely TF and/or SW, that we have a substantial wage budget (6th biggest in the league etc), ST sales would increase. Fans are desperate for any sign of positively, the Crewe JPT game exemplified that.

To indulgle the off topic discussions that have diverted this thread from its original intentions (which admittedly I am now guilty off), for me, regardless of the blame game, the hypocrisy claims, the he said/she said, the biggest reason for me not attending a Wasps game (despite enjoying rugby) is the feeling I get when I hear about Wasps at the Ricoh or see photos of a full, or at least not 3/4 empty, stadium. I equate it to seeing an ex partner with their new one, or hearing about their happiness etc etc. Melodramatic, sure, but it's those feelings that are ignited when I hear/see anything Wasps and Ricoh related.

Again, regardless of why it isn't, it should be us with sold out crowds, us providing fun filled days out for all the family, our merchandise and advertisements at the Ricoh (and City wide for that matter) and ultimately the club giving Coventrians excitement and a team to be proud of.

But it's not, and Wasps - Ricoh, brings that home.

Grendel

Amazing how you, after years, still haven't grasped the basics.
The wage bill at that time was 20 times the rent. In fact the wage bill had been much larger than the total club revenue for years.
But hey carry on with your smug apologist agenda.

Christ you managed to work out how to use the computer again you brainless cretin.

Ian1779

Amazing how you, after years, still haven't grasped the basics.
The wage bill at that time was 20 times the rent. In fact the wage bill had been much larger than the total club revenue for years.
But hey carry on with your smug apologist agenda.

So when we were paying £1.3m a year in rent we were also paying £26million in wages?

Are you high?

KersleyDigs

You'd still be selling a club that would be millions, if not tens of millions in debt. You'd get a £1 and most likely have to write of a good chunk of the debt.

So put in more cash to get to the Prem and then sell? I mean is that the only way they'll get their money back?

martcov

So put in more cash to get to the Prem and then sell? I mean is that the only way they'll get their money back?

If it were only so easy...... Throw 50m in and 2 years later take a 100m out......

the prem is light years away from where we are and other owners will also be putting money in. I think we should start at the beginning.... First of all our owners, Otium Entertainment, should aim to concentrate on their core business - entertainment. Drop the the JR and stadium "plans". Keep Mowbray and give him enough for a top 6 League 1 side ( as they supposedly did with SP ). Back him throughout the season - if we are doing well and he needs to sign someone he thinks will get us to the top, then invest. Let Mowbray be the main man making statements. Keep Waggot and Tim out of the limelight - apart from releasing good news statements e.g. We've dropped the JRs and have put the stadium plans on hold until we have increased our supporter base. Put money in, but wisely and as and if needed.

chickentikkamasala

attachment.php

He has to go!

Attachments

• JS45576571.jpg
    JS45576571.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 23

Captain Dart

If it were only so easy...... Throw 50m in and 2 years later take a 100m out......

the prem is light years away from where we are and other owners will also be putting money in. I think we should start at the beginning.... First of all our owners, Otium Entertainment, should aim to concentrate on their core business - entertainment. Drop the the JR and stadium "plans". Keep Mowbray and give him enough for a top 6 League 1 side ( as they supposedly did with SP ). Back him throughout the season - if we are doing well and he needs to sign someone he thinks will get us to the top, then invest. Let Mowbray be the main man making statements. Keep Waggot and Tim out of the limelight - apart from releasing good news statements e.g. We've dropped the JRs and have put the stadium plans on hold until we have increased our supporter base. Put money in, but wisely and as and if needed.

Isn't their core business asset development and disposal?

PS I'm not knocking that as the only viable means to keeping club going, it is just that I think that aim is currently higher priority for the owners than providing entertainment.

Last edited:

martcov

Isn't their core business asset development and disposal?

PS I'm not knocking that as the only viable means to keeping club going, it is just that I think that aim is currently higher priority for the owners than providing entertainment.

Agree, but I am talking about what they are supposed to be doing ( it is even in the name ), and I want them to actually do it. I think in our case, it would be a good idea. The asset stripping and distressing, backed up by battering in court, has not worked. Try a new approach and build up an entertaining football club over the medium term with the aim of establishing a large supporter base with brand loyalty - to be sold on when a bidder comes along, or maybe it is even worth holding on to long term.

Users who are viewing this thread