Season ticket sales drive from SISU (5 Viewers)

skybluebeduff

Just picked my child up from school and the teacher asked for a word, she's just gave me 2 complimentary tickets to the fucking Wasps Vs Exeter Chiefs on 26th April. His school is in Bedworth.

Here is the weird part, my son was visited today at the school by a CCFC player too, he don't know who and I can't find out online anywhere who it was..... Why no complimentary tickets for the Crewe game?

Ashdown

I loved the Yeovil game. Nice sunny day and no cover. Stood up at the front making so much noise I nearly lost my voice. Met some great people. And the hope of a quick return was still there. Been mainly downhill since though :(

I'm thinking they meant the crowd slide from Gills to Yeovil at home this year ?

chiefdave

Just picked my child up from school and the teacher asked for a word, she's just gave me 2 complimentary tickets to the fucking Wasps Vs Exeter Chiefs on 26th April. His school is in Bedworth.

That can't possibly be true, the free tickets were only for the first three games :thinking about:

torchomatic

I meant the Ricoh game, but yeah that first game of the season down there was great. Remember the Stockport game when we first came down to the Championship? After that win I thought "Piece of piss, we'll be back in the Prem come 2003/04".

I loved the Yeovil game. Nice sunny day and no cover. Stood up at the front making so much noise I nearly lost my voice. Met some great people. And the hope of a quick return was still there. Been mainly downhill since though :(

Last edited:

Astute

I meant the Ricoh game, but yeah that first game of the season down there was great. Remember the Stockport game when we first came down to the Championship? After that win I thought "Piece of piss, we'll be back in the Prem come 2003/04".

Just what I thought. Shows how much faith we have.....and misguided most of the time :p

skybluebeduff

That can't possibly be true, the free tickets were only for the first three games :thinking about:

I don't lie mate, they have gave Race Leys School a bunch of free tickets for the Exeter Chiefs game, I could of took 4!! I wasn't cheeky and said 2 will do!

chiefdave

I don't lie mate

I wasn't thinking you did. Just shows all those City fans who mysteriously signed up right after Wasps purchased ACL might not be telling the whole truth when they keep insisting the free tickets aren't being dished out left right and centre anymore.

Nick

Administrator
Free tickets have been going on for ages, haven't got to my daughter's school yet though. Have had them offered through other sources though.

skyblueinBaku

I enjoyed being at Yeovil that day, too. Plenty of balloons and inflatable elephants etc. It was going to be so easy in this division...............!:facepalm:

Grendel

We really don't, if you're referring to Grendel's thread of a week or two ago...

I know Astute -- the master of the mislead, misquote and never able to use the search engine to support any statements he makes.

The Gentleman

What you're suggesting is to get success SISU put in a seven figure amount that they are highly unlikely to get a return on. Just highlights the problem we have with lack of access to revenues.

Just for saying sake, if Sisu put in £4 million and with that happening Tony Mowbray decides to stay and we sign good players and we actually manage to get promotion. With the windfall promotion (and before you say that this isn't a magical formula to get promotion, because I know but it's not beyond the realms of possibility) gets you which is muted to be around £5 million and you will need to factor in lots more money from increased gates, more money from season tickets as people see actual ambition, then wouldn't that see a return on their investment?

We are constantly told that hedge funds play in the high risk market. For me, the above isn't really that high risk and and also proves that there is a way to get a return, not to mention us being in a higher league and a slightly better proposition to potential buyers.

Please don't come back about what happens in the Championship because all I am showing is that despite you saying different, there is a way for them to get a return.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Just for saying sake, if Sisu put in £4 million and with that happening Tony Mowbray decides to stay and we sign good players and we actually manage to get promotion. With the windfall promotion (and before you say that this isn't a magical formula to get promotion, because I know but it's not beyond the realms of possibility) gets you which is muted to be around £5 million and you will need to factor in lots more money from increased gates, more money from season tickets as people see actual ambition, then wouldn't that see a return on their investment?

We are constantly told that hedge funds play in the high risk market. For me, the above isn't really that high risk and and also proves that there is a way to get a return, not to mention us being in a higher league and a slightly better proposition to potential buyers.

Please don't come back about what happens in the Championship because all I am showing is that despite you saying different, there is a way for them to get a return.

You might even get somebody other than The Venus Fish Bar wanting to advertise,just a thought.

chiefdave

I think they would probably say they've already made their high risk investment in us and aren't making the same mistake again!

The problem is they could spend that £4m and it could get us promoted, although as you say not guaranteed. The problem is how do you recoup? We have evidence from past seasons, when the commercial side was being run a lot better, that we would be at the bottom end of the table in terms of revenue so even if we ran at break even we would struggle to stay up, we certainly wouldn't be coming close to the PL money.

So if we need to run at break even and then still struggle to not get relegated how do SISU get a return on that £4m?

It illustrates the problem of using a football team as an investment, they just don't make money and just to compete you need to be able to write off millions. Even with FFP you can still lose millions every year before you're in trouble.

stupot07

No not really.

League one - Spend £4m one season to get promotion, which would be mainly wages. Get promoted

Championship - get £5m from promotion. Your squad already costs £4m than last season's turnover before the £5m is added. Then factor in the increased wages and promotion bonus let's be conservative and say it adds £2m to the wage bill (inc. promotion bonus) - that's before you've improved the squad and invested. So that's now extra £6m out with £5m in - so a loss of £1m.

So in effect you've spend £10m over 2 years to get £5m, a loss of £5m. No return on your investment. And that's before strengthening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Hobo

Nice email sent out today

Are you referring to Tim Fisher's email? I could pick holes in it, but I won't, because I agree. It is an improvement on what has been released before.

It may only be a small step in the right direction, but it is a step in the right direction. I would rather see the club now taking small steps and building gradually and rejuvinating itself over time, rather than chasing wild dreams of fantasy and bullshit. All I want is to support a team based on honesty, integrity, pride and hard work....and maybe a slight splash of genius once in a while.

GaryPendrysEyes

Hey Torch you seem to have forgotten that you boycotted Sixfields and 'the lads' for months on end 'on principle' before then going and acting like an uber fan.
a hypocrite all round.

Nick

Administrator
Are you referring to Tim Fisher's email? I could pick holes in it, but I won't, because I agree. It is an improvement on what has been released before.

It may only be a small step in the right direction, but it is a step in the right direction. I would rather see the club now taking small steps and building gradually and rejuvinating itself over time, rather than chasing wild dreams of fantasy and bullshit. All I want is to support a team based on honesty, integrity, pride and hard work....and maybe a slight splash of genius once in a while.

Tim Fisher's email?

covmark

Hey Torch you seem to have forgotten that you boycotted Sixfields and 'the lads' for months on end 'on principle' before then going and acting like an uber fan.
a hypocrite all round.
I think Torch went quite early on tbh. Wouldn't be the first time you're full of shite though.

Gazolba

The problem with getting promoted is you have to spend money to do it, and then once you have achieved it, you have to spend more money to secure your position otherwise you will be back down again. So it requires careful thought and planning and you may not want to do it - but you better make the fans think you do want it.

Tank Top

I think this is last chance saloon for SISU and their bullshit. Either start to put things right or you may as well only open one stand next season. I know of at least 12 current ST holders who won't renew unless certain conditions are met this summer.
Can't see the attitude and mind set being any different from any other season that Sisu have stumbled through,they must be still smarting, from the loss of their Target,"The Ricoh Arena Complex"Which was snatched away from their "Greasy Grasp" as they sat on their hands and played the waiting game. who, will they threaten and bully next I wonder, I don't think it will be "Wasps"they Have a far More venomous Sting in their Tail than a Kiddies Charity.
Tankie

KersleyDigs

The problem with getting promoted is you have to spend money to do it, and then once you have achieved it, you have to spend more money to secure your position otherwise you will be back down again. So it requires careful thought and planning and you may not want to do it - but you better make the fans think you do want it.

Not if you get promoted, then sell up

stupot07

Not if you get promoted, then sell up

What get promoted to the championship then sell up? How much do you think that's going to recoup them? £1 and an IOU at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

GaryPendrysEyes

tbf, when we moved in the 'Wow' was a bit like a building site!

Missed chance there... along with the crazed logic that a deal needing 22k in it each week to break even, was a wise one.

Amazing how you, after years, still haven't grasped the basics.
The wage bill at that time was 20 times the rent. In fact the wage bill had been much larger than the total club revenue for years.
But hey carry on with your smug apologist agenda.

stupot07

The wage bill at that time was 20 times the rent. In fact the wage bill had been much larger than the total club revenue for years.

Have you got the accounts handy as proof?

fernandopartridge

You still hanging about you clueless nause. £26m wage bill?

martcov

You'd still be selling a club that would be millions, if not tens of millions in debt. You'd get a £1 and most likely have to write of a good chunk of the debt.

Somewhere along the line the original purpose of joining the football league has been forgotten. The original idea was not to make money, but to play sport at the highest level possible. Not to get to a point where you can just about break even and be content with messing around in a lower league. The people from the original Singer FC must be turning in their graves. Our conversation is based on realism, but it is a strange one nevertheless - saying, in effect, that it is not worth getting promoted as it would be too expensive or risky.

Users who are viewing this thread