Season Ticket Renewal (1 Viewer)

steve72

Thats an incredibly patronising reply. I'm touching 50 soon so i've been here for 43 years, so please do not question my validity of being a true fan.
I have commitments as a father and as a family as a whole ,that far out weigh buying season tickets at the moment, and without you knowing me or my situation, i find your response incredibly insulting.

The Rev

I backed you into a corner regarding season ticket renewal and now you are waving the family man card about. That wasn't what you said originally. Please make your mind up Rev.

I know the real answer and i think most others do on here. Lets just say i caught you out.

Here have another read what you wrote.....

"I won't be buying mine & Mrs Rev's until i know more about the future/the owners/commitment etc"

The Reverend Skyblue

But you are not a true fan though are you ? The first sign of trouble at your club and you don't renew. Most clubs at some point in their history go through bad times and it's how you react. Most loyal fans fight for their clubs like what we did. You seriously haven't got a clue what it's like to hit bad times believe me. Dropping down to league 1 isn't that.

This isn't as you say ,the first sign of trouble i don't renew. We have been relegated before and I've re-newed so that argument is also not valid.

Also you assume i don't know what it would be like to hit bad times, how the fuck do you know that.Do you know me - No, do you know what my lifes been like- No, how can you say that, its pure crap of the highest order. Also did i say dropping down to league 1 was hitting bad times - No ,why do you say ,"believe me", i don't know you from Adam and you want me to believe you

Most of the season in the Prem were struggles from the first to the last kick, but I still re-newed.

Yes i don't like the owners and i won't commit until its sorted one way or the other, but i also have other commitments as well before i buy, and that was my point though badly worded.

Your writing is full of presumptions of a person you don't know or have knowledge of , or any of his past history supporting Cov

"I caught you out" you quoted , who the fuck do you think you are

The Rev

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Coming from a fan of a club who couldn't sell out their shitty tin pot stadium every week when they were top of league 1, what then makes it right for you then to judge other fans commitment.

steve72

Why are you getting all aggressive Rev?

Answer this then - If you had stayed up and new owners installed would you have renewed then ?

As i've said you don't know what it's like to hit bad times mate. You lot are not even scratching the surface what Brighton went through.

Have you been homeless for over a decade. ? Played your home games 50 miles away for a couple of seasons ? Played in the worse stadium in the league for over a decade ? Came with a couple of hours of being wind up ?
Waited over 13 years to receive the go ahead to build a new ground ? Played league 2 football and nearly lost your league status ? I could bang on all day but i still don 't think it would sink in.

You have played at the highest level for a number of years,reached cup finals and generally have had it good.

Please don't lecture me about having it tough it's embarrassing.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Answer this then - If you had stayed up and new owners installed would you have renewed then ?

As i've said you don't know what it's like to hit bad times mate. You lot are not even scratching the surface what Brighton went through.

Have you been homeless for over a decade. ? Played your home games 50 miles away for a couple of seasons ? Played in the worse stadium in the league for over a decade ? Came with a couple of hours of being wind up ?
Waited over 13 years to receive the go ahead to build a new ground ? Played league 2 football and nearly lost your league status ? I could bang on all day but i still don 't think it would sink in.

You have played at the highest level for a number of years,reached cup finals and generally have had it good.

Please don't lecture me about having it tough it's embarrassing.
Cry me a river, I don't give a shit about Brighton. Do us all a favour and concentrate on your own side.

ccfcchris

That argument doesn't stand up for me. Your making an unattractive business even more unattractive.

Its like saying "if you don't want the illness, stop taking the meds"

Yes it does add up. Sick and tired of this death by a thousand cuts so the issue needs to be forced.

WillieStanley

So, cutting even more revenue would highlight to an investor that this is the club for them? I know if I was looking to buy a football team, I'd go straight to the one with no income streams and a dwindling fan base...

That attitude is shortsighted.

Last edited:

cloughie

yes those loyal brighton supporters dropped from 25000 in 1978 to 2300 in 1998 and now the "loyal brighton supporters" have shot upto 20000 season tickets for next year.

where as the unloyal CCFC fans in comparable years went from 23000 and dropped to a low of 13300 and last year were 16300

We will have to assume that steve72 was one of the "true" loyal brighton 2300

OR WAS HE?????

Ashdown

Thanks Cloughie, you just beat me to it, momentum is important, they are on the up and we have had an agonizing 10 year slide down. What were these other 15000 new season ticket holders doing with their saturdays pre the new stadium??

coundonskyblue

Thanks Cloughie, you just beat me to it, momentum is important, they are on the up and we have had an agonizing 10 year slide down. What were these other 15000 new season ticket holders doing with their saturdays pre the new stadium??

10 years is an understatement!

Feels more like 40 years with a blip in '87.

ccfcchris

So, cutting even more revenue would highlight to an investor that this is the club for them? I know if I was looking to buy a football team, I'd go straight to the one with no income streams and a dwindling fan base...

That attitude is shortsighted.

And where has the supporting of the SISU model actually got us?

ccfcchris

More importantly, where would not supporting it get us?

I don't like SISU but they're all we have!

So you're going to take the easy option of sitting on your backside hoping a hedge fund that is only interested in making a profit save your club.It beggers belief what they continue to get away with because supporters think it's the only way. How many relegations before you wake up and smell the coffee.

The Reverend Skyblue

The reason i got angry was i thought one of my fellow supporters was judging my commitment, not a fan of someone else.

I had no idea you supported Brighton, why would I, you never mentioned this once. Why are you on here critising us when you support a different team.
If you had told me this clearly, then perhaps i would'nt have reacted like I did.
In hindsight i apologise, but at least let us know who you support in future

The Rev

WillieStanley

So you're going to take the easy option of sitting on your backside hoping a hedge fund that is only interested in making a profit save your club.It beggers belief what they continue to get away with because supporters think it's the only way. How many relegations before you wake up and smell the coffee.

But what you're suggesting is literally just sitting back and doing nothing! At least by renewing, we're contributing towards the business having at least the potential to become viable once a takeover happens. What you don't seem to see is that by "forcing" the issue, you're putting potential bidders off as there isn't a decent size fan base.

Denying the club the only income stream they have will get the embargo lifted, provide a transfer budget and spur the team on to success will it?

JS is now involved, I think we've made our point and Sisu are starting to take us seriously. If nothing comes of it... Sitting at home watching Soccer Saturday isn't going to help!

Last edited:

dick turpin

Oh Happy days Joy Splatter is now involved :claping hands:
she can right the wrongs of the world too!!! in lots of peoples eyes :facepalm:

shit on Joy Splatter

canleykid

i have a PSL aswell and ticket office told me we have till end of july at early bird rate.

may be wrong............you know what the ticket office is like!!

am waiting anyway as im not giving sisu my money.
brinner with psl you have upto kickoff of the new season to get it at early bird price its one of the perks,well bout the only one apart from we can buy away tickets before anyone else

diggerdaley

I find it hard to believe that over 2,000 people have paid £300 to watch 3rd div. football,when they have no idea what sort of team City will be fielding.I hope they have paid by credit card in case we have'nt got a team !

@richh87

Well you've got to admire their Brass neck if nothing else.
We have no player budget.
We have not filed our accounts
WE are not allowed to sign anyone
We don't know who the team will be
We don't Know who the owners will be.
"But never mind that" they say, "we need your money now, we have borrowed next years season ticket money, and there's a firm coming to break our legs, if we don't pay em back next week"
"well tough, you've dragged the accounts through so many financial loopholes, that you're now trapped in a cul de sac with nowhere to turn, Sisu at bay, our hearts bleed for you.
I don't feel at all disloyal by withholding my Season ticket money ( And I get four) until after the fog clears......"YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE"
PUSB......TankTop

The four of us are doing the same Tankie. We will pay game by game - so SISU don't get a lump sum to piss off into the sunset with.

We'll renew when new owners are in place.

@richh87

But you are not a true fan though are you ? The first sign of trouble at your club and you don't renew. Most clubs at some point in their history go through bad times and it's how you react. Most loyal fans fight for their clubs like what we did. You seriously haven't got a clue what it's like to hit bad times believe me. Dropping down to league 1 isn't that.

Hahaha, I think you'll find no professional club has such a low win ratio over the last 40-50 years. It's like water torture. It's a miracle we even get 12,000 fans turning up these days.

WillieStanley

Oh Happy days Joy Splatter is now involved :claping hands:
she can right the wrongs of the world too!!! in lots of peoples eyes :facepalm:

shit on Joy Splatter

Finally! Its all so clear to me now! I'm going to get a refund! You should be in the House of Commons with those debating skills!

ohitsaidwalker king power

How can our city.. the reported 9th biggest city in the country have become so disconnected from its fan base, I was speaking to a Derby fan today, they have sold 15000 tickets already; are they a bigger club than us? No, is their footballing prowess better established in recent times? No... and yet....

The biggest tragedy is that a generation of potentially young sky blues is lost forever... not sure if the blame for all this can be laid at SISU's door, a series of missed opportunities and mis-management debacles go before, sure Sisu are the present incumbents, and their tenure is and continues to be truly dreadful, and I wish they were gone.... but the rot set in long ago.. I am yet to renew, but I will, along with my son...its what we do... have always done, and will continue to do for as long as I am physically able.

hughescov

Where is the best place to find how many season tickets have been sold at each club so far, without ringing the actual ticket office?

CTID

Or 3000 fans that still want to watch City! I will be purchasing mine shortly, regardless of what happens. If that means SISU run off with my couple of hundred quid then so be it, if not it means that I, and my 6yo son, get to watch the team we love every other week.

I tell you what, my son could put alot of you to shame with his attitude towards city. He is completely un-deterred and adamant he will support city for the rest of his life regardless of how bad we are. Some of you could do with taking a leaf out of his book :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread