Season ticket refunds (1 Viewer)

theferret

I swear Grendel just takes the contrary position to get a rise. This time last year he was arguing with the 'away game only' mob, stressing how much the club needed the money. Twelve months on after winning the title he's taking a refund option pretty much nobody else has bothered with in an act of defiance that harms the club. Don't get it myself (but I get some are in financial difficulties, so not a dig at them).

Changing the subject, it appears we may learn a bit more about the stadium in the next couple of weeks. Apparently there is a fly through animation video of the proposed stadium that will be released by the Club and Warwick uni soon.

Evo1883

As if y'all have still found something to moan at, fuck me.

giphy.gif

theferret

Also I’m pretty sure Seppalla will be extracting her interest payments again

Fuck me, that's one step away from the 'new handbag for Joy' nonsense the mouth-breathers on Facebook have been spouting for years.

I'm sure any interest payments collected this year will be eclipsed by the millions pumped in to keep the club afloat. We've not made a cent in 6 months. The club must be haemorrhaging money and yet wages are being paid and players purchased. Perhaps they should pull the plug now and just let it crash and burn. We know, and they know, they are never getting their money back, but they still continue to subsidise it. They must be mad tbh.

Grendel

Fuck me, that's one step away from the 'new handbag for Joy' nonsense the mouth-breathers on Facebook have been spouting for years.

I'm sure any interest payments collected this year will be eclipsed by the millions pumped in to keep the club afloat. We've not made a cent in 6 months. The club must be haemorrhaging money and yet wages are being paid and players purchased. Perhaps they should pull the plug now and just let it crash and burn. We know, and they know, they are never getting their money back, but they still continue to subsidise it. They must be mad tbh.

What millions? The only money put in in recent years have been short term loans through the Master Fund which totalled less than a million and some has already been paid back.

Grendel

I swear Grendel just takes the contrary position to get a rise. This time last year he was arguing with the 'away game only' mob, stressing how much the club needed the money. Twelve months on after winning the title he's taking a refund option pretty much nobody else has bothered with in an act of defiance that harms the club. Don't get it myself (but I get some are in financial difficulties, so not a dig at them).

Changing the subject, it appears we may learn a bit more about the stadium in the next couple of weeks. Apparently there is a fly through animation video of the proposed stadium that will be released by the Club and Warwick uni soon.

“an act of defiance that harms the club”

So a season ticket refund is more harmful than having no home for at least 6 years

Ok

Grendel

You’ve called it, General has taken up a contrary position to get an argument out of it. Just leave him to shout into the void

I’ve always been consistent that this strategy is a car crash and it now has no solution

You seem to believe wasps will go bust which really is delusional as wasps holdings most certainly will not

Still we’ve got an animation Video - awesome

Warwickhunt

So a season ticket refund is more harmful than having no home for at least 6 years

Ok
Quite honest Grendel i wonder what the relationship would have been like if we had stayed at the RICOH with the warring of two hedge funds trying to screw as much money out of each other as possible?

theferret

Ok

Just deflection and whataboutery. Different discussions. You argued endlessly last season that the stawaways were harming the club. Now you're suggesting that taking money back from them when you don't need it is different.

This isn't a bonus, the retained ST money from last year isn't a windfall. It's just keeping a bit of money they'd already spent on last season's budget. The money they have refunded to you and others will just come out of next seasons budget.

Grendel

Just deflection and whataboutery. Different discussions. You argued endlessly last season that the stawaways were harming the club. Now you're suggesting that taking money back from them when you don't need it is different.

This isn't a bonus, the retained ST money from last year isn't a windfall. It's just keeping a bit of money they'd already spent on last season's budget. The money they have refunded to you and others will just come out of next seasons budget.

It’s not different discussions and you’ve already made a false claim regarding millions been put into the club which isn’t true is it - i can’t understand away fans only mentality no but this situation is not acceptable and the owners can reduce their interest recovery payments can’t they

Sky Blue Harry H

This is not the same as say a Hereford or Brighton though is it where the club was going under due to actions beyond control. This is a targeted strategy.

Sisu would have put the club in Burton if that Was the only option. They are clearly getting backed into a corner, they have no realistic plan and relying on fans goodwill when they have some culpability and have contributed to this mess will not wash I’m afraid

I understand what you are saying - don't think anybody would disagree about them having some culpability. Are you going, when we are allowed back? Not intended as an antagonistic question.

theferret

It’s not different discussions and you’ve already made a false claim regarding millions been put into the club which isn’t true is it - i can’t understand away fans only mentality no but this situation is not acceptable and the owners can reduce their interest recovery payments can’t they

It's entirely different and you know it. False claim? Maybe, it was a guess, but the club needs about £500,000 per month to sustain itself. Where has that money come from since March? Lost fixtures at the end of last season that would have already been budgeted for, no season ticket sales. So yeah, either a magic money tree or the owners have subbed it.

Do I think the club can survive for 5 years in exile? Yes, I do. Providing we see progress and there is a clear route back.

Bristol Rovers spent 6 years playing in a different city and for a long time there was no route back for them. They survived. It won't be easy and there might be some short term pain, but long term it might be the only real option.

Grendel

Do I think the club can survive for 5 years in exile? Yes, I do. Providing we see progress and there is a clear route back.

Well there won’t be a clear route back as there is no possibility of a hedge fund building a stadium and we will be having to find another ground in a two years.

In management cliche speak it’s safe to Say Seppalla has taken us as far as she can - twenty miles away which is too far - and it’s time for a new beginning

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Well there won’t be a clear route back as there is no possibility of a hedge fund building a stadium and we will be having to find another ground in a two years.

In management cliche speak it’s safe to Say Seppalla has taken us as far as she can - twenty miles away which is too far - and it’s time for a new beginning
I simply refuse to give you two likes within a week, wouldn’t be able to live with myself

Colin Steins Smile

On the refund matter, at least Grendel bought a season ticket. The club had the benefit of his cash for last season. I hope no one who’s critical only attend “away games”.

letsallsingtogether

Exactly I remember meeting Tim and Joy and saying we have 3 sites identified but one is our preferred site, where were these sites, and if they were blocked from having them why havent they said so?
This way years ago and we are no further forward.
Just helped with a build in Manchester it took 2 years to complete from planning being submitted and an 18 storey apartment block built.
But we need 5 for a basic 4 sided football ground.

NorthernWisdom

Providing we see progress and there is a clear route back.

Kind of key. We move to consultation and detailed plans it'd be a start and certainly progress, if still needing to be sceptical until they actually start digging and, for that matter, until it's actually built! The start would get an awful lot of goodwill, however.
Just helped with a build in Manchester it took 2 years to complete from planning being submitted and an 18 storey apartment block built.
tbf we should probably expect a new ground to take a fair old while. They need to actually start the process some time, though!

wingy

Clearly you assume the EU decision will either be negative or fruitless?

theferret

Exactly I remember meeting Tim and Joy and saying we have 3 sites identified but one is our preferred site, where were these sites, and if they were blocked from having them why havent they said so?
This way years ago and we are no further forward.

What does any of that matter? It's what happens now that is important. Yeah but what about...

Like many I will give it this season. They have one year to demonstrate they are serious. I am told this is a serious proposal. Outline planning will be sought early 2021. It's fully funded etc. If it doesn't happen and we're no further forward one year from now then the mood swings massively against the owners.

Why start that now, why start with the whole reclaiming money from the club because of some dodgy principle. What next, starve them out? Haven't we been there before, shall we give it a name, what about 'not one penny more', quite catchy that.

And no way, even with a huge amount of goodwill, can a football stadium be delivered in 2 years on greenbelt from a standing start. Look at recent developments and proposals - Brighton, Brentford, Luton, all years in the making. Comparing it with a residential tower on brownfield is like comparing apples with pork scratchings.

Grendel

Clearly you assume the EU decision will either be negative or fruitless?

Well inevitably and an appeal will follow

BornSlippySkyBlue

The Contrarian?

wingy

I get this to a degree .
Given Fisher has often said it's barely sustainable for us in this league it would be harsh to be taking interest out now, while fans are basically donating money in .

Grendel

Club should have offered them automatically because Scott Shearer was a shit keeper 15 years ago.

No we completed all our games and they were in Coventry

letsallsingtogether

What does any of that matter? It's what happens now that is important. Yeah but what about...

Like many I will give it this season. They have one year to demonstrate they are serious. I am told this is a serious proposal. Outline planning will be sought early 2021. It's fully funded etc. If it doesn't happen and we're no further forward one year from now then the mood swings massively against the owners.

Why start that now, why start with the whole reclaiming money from the club because of some dodgy principle. What next, starve them out? Haven't we been there before, shall we give it a name, what about 'not one penny more', quite catchy that.

And no way, even with a huge amount of goodwill, can a football stadium be delivered in 2 years on greenbelt from a standing start. Look at recent developments and proposals - Brighton, Brentford, Luton, all years in the making. Comparing it with a residential tower on brownfield is like comparing apples with pork scratchings.
What the fuck are you on about I never reclaimed my money and will get a ST again this year.
Just saying that the whole ground thing is shit I maybe wrong but once bitten.
Spurs did it in 3 years had to build half demolish the old ground build the second half had a retractable pitch all the state of the art stuff 3 to 4 times the size of our proposed ground.
So yes it can be done.
Why are they waiting until 2021 for outline planning why not now?
Fuck me they have had long enough.
BTW I worked on the Spurs site and that was a challenge.
Also been working on.
Leicester City's new training ground in 2 years they have built multiple pitches an indoor arena that holds thousands a new educational block and multiple other buildings all on green belt so yes 2 years it can be done.

Sky Blue Harry H

BTW I worked on the Spurs site and that was a challenge.
Also been working on.
Leicester City's new training ground in 2 years they have built multiple pitches an indoor arena that holds thousands a new educational block and multiple other buildings all on green belt so yes 2 years it can be done.

Sounds like you should contact Dave Boddy and start helping out on ours - hope you left a City scarf embedded in Incester's building!!!

robbiekeane

As to what would they do no one knows what conversations happened anyway. I suspect as ever neither side wanted to do a deal. Sisu have form fo
So still no answer as to what you’d have them do? Just want to complain for the sake of it and not actually propose a solution?

You lose credibility on what are occasionally well reasoned arguments when you come out with this nonsense.

letsallsingtogether

Sounds like you should contact Dave Boddy and start helping out on ours - hope you left a City scarf embedded in Incester's building!!!
There are 247 different city bits from graffiti to scalfs and flags and stickers
in prime positions around the spurs ground.
And yes some at Leicester but these were harder to conceal.
We have worked on a lot of football grounds from Fleetwoods new training ground to Evertons floodlights.

Grendel

So still no answer as to what you’d have them do? Just want to complain for the sake of it and not actually propose a solution?

You lose credibility on what are occasionally well reasoned arguments when you come out with this nonsense.

Well Sisu really don’t want a solution. They’ve always been a joke organisation this is why i referred to them 5 years ago as the Fawlty Towers of hedge funds.

Seppalla is like a five year old child who squeals when she’s told she can’t purchase a toy in a supermarket. She stamps her feet and throws a tantrum,

Wasps are ruthless and to the point - she adopts a stupid dogmatic stance and just sims to stick in the game through the legal system

Do you think she raised the complaint on behalf of the taxpayer as she has fell in love with the City. I think not. As usual it’s a childish action with zero chance of success and zero regard to the consequences for the football club.

I notice that in an article following a discussion with Mark and Pete I assume just before lockdown that she claimed 6 sites were available and being considered

Despite that pesky lockdown there is no stopping our Joy. She narrows it down to one (well sort of there’s a lot of land) and manages to get it out in the press just as the latest rent deal breaks down and just as the EFL deadline approaches

She commits to nothing. I’ve always had this belief she is happy to lose cases and complaints as long as there are grounds to appeal.

It doesn’t matter if the council are the biggest party to blame because in the end the buck has to stop with her. She’s boxed in a corner and still throwing brick bats

Her tenure is lamentable. She can’t even behave like a real ruthless hedge fund, it’s a joke. She’s a joke and the laugh is on us as we suffer.

Why did she engineer this complaint? She knew the consequence and carried on.

It doesnt matter whose to really blame. She’s failed and the buck stops with her.

Users who are viewing this thread