Season ticket refunds (5 Viewers)

Grendel

Think he asked you to say what you wanted them to do...

Put the club and it’s long suffering supporters first and stop childish pointless legal complaints. So let’s have a statement where they say under no circumstances will they appeal if the complaint goes against them and get them to say it now

robbiekeane

So let’s have a statement where they say under no circumstances will they appeal if the complaint goes against them and get them to say it now
Why did that take about 5 rambling posts to get there?

Personally not sure id want them to agree to that, especially “under no circumstances” - but if that’s what you want I guess you can ask Mark and Pete

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Personally not sure id want them to agree to that, especially “under no circumstances” - but if that’s what you want I guess you can ask Mark and Pete

He does say if it goes against them. It's not like this is the first stage of their legal complaints and they've lost all the rest convincingly.

If there's any reality in a new stadium then if it goes against them but they continue down that line for me it indicates it's all just words again. If you're serious about moving on with a new stadium then draw a line under it and just concentrate on getting on with the new one. Whatever will be will be with the Ricoh, whether that's Wasps there or not if they go pop.

I don't want to see such an expensive, and what should be important, building gathering dust if Wasps did go and we built a new one and I'd still love for there to be a way of joint ownership with Wasps at the very least but everyone has burned the bridges and that's not going to happen.

skybluesam66

if the council/Wasps agreed to let us play at the Ricoh irrespective of the ongoing inquiry, and would not ask for any indemnity to cover it

Under no circumstance would they move the goalposts based on the outcome

shmmeee

if the council/Wasps agreed to let us play at the Ricoh irrespective of the ongoing inquiry, and would not ask for any indemnity to cover it

Under no circumstance would they move the goalposts based on the outcome

That is what’s being offered as far as we can tell. It’s stopping future legal action against CCC that’s the issue seemingly.

shmmeee

You know that’s not true it’s also the ridiculous indemnity request?

Um no, that’s the best guess I have. The indemnity is prevention of future legal action.

The idea it’s indemnity as you mention can’t be true. Firstly that would be indemnity for Wasps not CCC and we know Wasps aren’t asking for that. Secondly Wasps have said they are setting aside the state aid case. Thirdly both the club and Wasps have said that the issue is future legal action repeatedly.

I swear I get so much shit on here just because people don’t read the statements. I’m not saying anything disputed by any side or that hasn’t been said in the statements.

The fucking myths this place comes up with.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

12 months ago sisu agreed to no further legal action against wasps.
And promptly complained to the EU.

We can spend hours and hours saying 'ah, but that's not legal action' but if you're arguing on a technicality, then that's exactly the muddle that ended up where we are now - SISU like finding loopholes to argue about, but the consequence of that complaint would have been obvious to everybody, had it come into the open...

Look, nobody is saying if an indemnity is being asked to be signed by the *club* that is right. Hell, some of us have stood outside the Ricoh futilely before a Wasps game because of it. But, the timing of the complaint, and the timing of the unveiling, is too convenient to be anything but an accident.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

And promptly complained to the EU.

We can spend hours and hours saying 'ah, but that's not legal action' but if you're arguing on a technicality, then that's exactly the muddle that ended up where we are now - SISU like finding loopholes to argue about, but the consequence of that complaint would have been obvious to everybody, had it come into the open...

Look, nobody is saying if an indemnity is being asked to be signed by the *club* that is right. Hell, some of us have stood outside the Ricoh futilely before a Wasps game because of it. But, the timing of the complaint, and the timing of the unveiling, is too convenient to be anything but an accident.
The actual complaint was made in February - 2 months prior to agreeing no further legal action. Whether you think it was legal or not - the fact was it was made when a court case was still on going

NorthernWisdom

I'm sorry, there's no way that Wasps didn't know about the EU complaint when negotiations started. If we can be cynical about the timing of new stadium announcements, we should also be cynical about the timing of when that story was leaked to the press.
If the Chief Exec of Coventry City didn't know until then, it suggests it was a pretty big secret.

My question is... who leaked it. The timing is ideal if you don't actually want a deal to stay in Coventry, after all.

Nick

Administrator
If the Chief Exec of Coventry City didn't know until then, it suggests it was a pretty big secret.

My question is... who leaked it. The timing is ideal if you don't actually want a deal to stay in Coventry, after all.

The council would have been informed and you would have thought they would tell Wasps....

NorthernWisdom

The council would have been informed and you would have thought they would tell Wasps....
Would they? Let's face it, things don't move quickly. I'd argue it's just as likely it sat on somebody's desk...

However, based on previous patterns, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that the leak was not from the Wasps side. If your intent is to distress a business to drive down the price of an arena, then a certain instituion has form for intervening when a deal has been made by club representatives. Remember Fisher shaking hands on a deal, that had to morph into a friendly goodbye handshake?

Don't discount the possibility that it's actually SISU who wanted the information out... at that time. They let, after all, their Chief Executive of the football club negotiate a deal, while he was oblivious to the complaint's existence.

Both scenarios are entirely possible, leaks from Wasps, leaks from SISU. What we do have is a constant pattern of the goalposts shifting once Seppala inspects the deal her minions have struck.

Nick

Administrator
Would they? Let's face it, things don't move quickly. I'd argue it's just as likely it sat on somebody's desk...

However, based on previous patterns, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that the leak was not from the Wasps side. If your intent is to distress a business to drive down the price of an arena, then a certain instituion has form for intervening when a deal has been made by club representatives. Remember Fisher shaking hands on a deal, that had to morph into a friendly goodbye handshake?

Don't discount the possibility that it's actually SISU who wanted the information out... at that time. They let, after all, their Chief Executive of the football club negotiate a deal, while he was oblivious to the complaint's existence.

Both scenarios are entirely possible, leaks from Wasps, leaks from SISU. What we do have is a constant pattern of the goalposts shifting once Seppala inspects the deal her minions have struck.

Wasn't this also at the same time Wasps were working with Hoffman on a takeover?

NorthernWisdom

Wasn't this also at the same time Wasps were working with Hoffman on a takeover?
Do you disagree with my scenario about the fact that if you don't want to make a deal for the Ricoh?

Do you, therefore, agree with me that it is equally possible that any leak could come from Wasps... or SISU.

In fact, the evidence skews slightly towards the probability of Gilbert's source being from SISU, given somebody leaked to Gilbert about the indemnity this time around, and that sure as hell wasn't Wasps!

Ring Of Steel

Do you disagree with my scenario about the fact that if you don't want to make a deal for the Ricoh?

Do you, therefore, agree with me that it is equally possible that any leak could come from Wasps... or SISU.

In fact, the evidence skews slightly towards the probability of Gilbert's source being from SISU, given somebody leaked to Gilbert about the indemnity this time around, and that sure as hell wasn't Wasps!

Thats true actually, it came out at about the same time and Wasps would hardly want that publicised. There is so much going on that its pretty important to stick to facts, and the fact here is that nobody can say that it wasn't SISU who leaked it, thats pure speculation which does ignore past patterns of behaviour.

Nick

Administrator

Nope, it is quite plausible.

I just don't think Wasps would have found out that way. Especially if it is so much of a legal hassle as people make out ;)

There is nothing to rule out about who leaked it to Gilbert, although I don't think it was entirely SISU about the indemnity this time around.

NorthernWisdom

Nope, it is quite plausible.

I just don't think Wasps would have found out that way. Especially if it is so much of a legal hassle as people make out ;)
If the Coventry City Chief Exec wasn't told such a massive thing by his ultimate employers (who made the complaint), when he was being charged with making a deal, then it becomes a lot more likely that Wasps, too, didn't know.

Wasps I suspect don't really want a SISU-led CCFC at the Ricoh at all really, but feel obliged to go through the motions partly because of a hold over future legal action, partly positive PR for them (saying to the fans they tried), and partly for sponsorship (increased revenue if we're there, one would assume. Increased revenue if the threat of legal action is not there, too).

SISU, I suspect, don't want CCFC at a Wasps-owned Ricoh at all really, but feel obliged to go through the motions partly because of the uncertainty it brings ref: sponsorship deals and budgeting (who will sign a deal, who can set a final budget when things are up in the air? Also, it's far more effective in a negative sense if a deal falls through at the last minute, that creates *more* doubt and uncertainty, and affects medium long-term planning), and for positive PR for them (saying to the fans they tried).

Therefore, it suits SISU, arguably, more for a deal to fall through at the last minute then for negotiations just... not to happen. And it's three times it's happened now, with different protagonists too, and different club representatives doing the negotiating... but with the same effect.

Ring Of Steel

If the Coventry City Chief Exec wasn't told such a massive thing by his ultimate employers (who made the complaint), when he was being charged with making a deal, then it becomes a lot more likely that Wasps, too, didn't know.

Wasps I suspect don't really want a SISU-led CCFC at the Ricoh at all really, but feel obliged to go through the motions partly because of a hold over future legal action, partly positive PR for them (saying to the fans they tried), and partly for sponsorship (increased revenue if we're there, one would assume. Increased revenue if the threat of legal action is not there, too).

SISU, I suspect, don't want CCFC at a Wasps-owned Ricoh at all really, but feel obliged to go through the motions partly because of the uncertainty it brings ref: sponsorship deals and budgeting (who will sign a deal, who can set a final budget when things are up in the air? Also, it's far more effective in a negative sense if a deal falls through at the last minute, that creates *more* doubt and uncertainty, and affects medium long-term planning), and for positive PR for them (saying to the fans they tried).

Therefore, it suits SISU, arguably, more for a deal to fall through at the last minute then for negotiations just... not to happen. And it's three times it's happened now, with different protagonists too, and different club representatives doing the negotiating... but with the same effect.

the Chief Exec must have had a very interesting phonecall with his bosses when he found out... probably pretty bloody annoyed.

Nick

Administrator

CCC would have been informed by the EU and lawyers you would assume, Boddy wouldn't have been.

NorthernWisdom

CCC would have been informed by the EU and lawyers you would assume, Boddy wouldn't have been.
Not if it was still on their desk until they considered considering it. Remember, this year plus is just to consider if there's a case to answer.

If you accept that the club's owners don't tell Boddy, you can accept that CCC don't tell Wasps... or that nobody tells CCC.

it's as likely.

Question. Why would you send your chief executive out to negotiate a deal for remaining at the Ricoh, where there was an undertaking not to take future legal action, and not tell him about the EU complaint if you really wanted a deal?

Question. If you wanted a deal, surely you would be upfront about that complaint, declare its existence to Wasps, and *then* agree the undertaking about legal action, with that knowledge out there?

Wouldn't you?

Nick

Administrator
Yeah it is totally plausible, it does make you wonder about this year though.

She must have been confident that Wasps wouldn't find out any other way though to keep it quiet and then announce it at the last minute? Especially with the close bond that CCC and Wasps have.

mr_monkey

Every. Fucking. Thread

Can we create another thread and nw, schmeee and nick agree to keep the same argument going around in circles in there please.

We get it nw/schmeee you hate sisu and joy and can't see anywhere forward with them but can we please leave it out of every thread, we are where we are so we need to make the most of it until we know what's happening with Warwick

Morning rant over :)

Liquid Gold

Every. Fucking. Thread

Can we create another thread and nw, schmeee and nick agree to keep the same argument going around in circles in there please.

We get it nw/schmeee you hate sisu and joy and can't see anywhere forward with them but can we please leave it out of every thread, we are where we are so we need to make the most of it until we know what's happening with Warwick

Agree, fuck all to do with season ticket refunds. This site is becoming unusable with the same fucking argument in every thread. Now wonder it feels quiet at the moment.

NorthernWisdom

Every. Fucking. Thread

Nowt like a simplistic distillation.

I was just responding to whatever was there, you can blame the people who decided Grendel shouldn't ask for a refund and, for that matter, the conditions that led him to that point...

And me and Nick seem to be agreeing on most of it, and he is reading the words he's seeing instead of something completely different...

Nick

Administrator
Every. Fucking. Thread

Wasn't me this time, cheeky bastard.

Esoterica

It's preseason and we're in limbo on shirt sponsor, new kit, season tickets, fixtures, haven't signed a player for best part of a month. Playing in Birmingham for the forseeable future is about the only thing we are sure on for next year so there's not much else to talk about!

Nick

Administrator
I wanted a refund once at Highfield Road threw my season ticket onto the pitch vowing never to go again. That lasted for a long time I had to pay for the next three or four games.

I used to love people who would say that at the Ricoh after we lost. "I AM NEVER COMING BACK". Every time we lost.

Users who are viewing this thread